10179 Mast Rigging SCORE!!!!

citymorgue

Ok, so a little back story.

Back in late Dec/early Jan, I had been constantly checking Lego's Bricks and Pieces section to see what's available.

I've been BLing a MF for a couple of months now and have been extremely reluctant to buy the rigging or the dish because the secondary prices have been astronomical.  Well, after much persistance, the rigging pieces actually showed in stock according to Lego's website, so the moment I could I placed an order for 2.  I got an email shortly afterwards that the part was on backorder and the Lego rep had no idea when it would actually come back in stock if EVER....  So I pretty much gave up hope, until I got a shipping notification today from lego that it's on its way.

I seriously cannot believe the sheer luck it took to actually get a hold of these pieces considering they are rarer than unicorn poop.

That saves me over $200.  WOOO.

So for those that are curious, keep an eye, because since I placed the order a month ago, it's actually come back in stock once and shortly sold back out.  I would say for those that do, don't give up hope.  You might get lucky and Lego might give you some good news.

And I'm only writing this now because I actually got a shipping confirmation.  FREAKING STOKED!!!

Do you guys have any stories or either getting really lucky or finding some super sweet deals that you couldn't believe were true???

• Like 2

Congrats on find!!   When you say "BLing a MF," are you completely piecing this together from BL instead of buying a set?  Sorry, probably a dumb question, but just curious. 

Yes, I've pieced together every individual piece so far.  It's been a slow but very fun process.

Just make sure it's the right color.

I know I ordered the right color.  Hopefully Lego sends me the right color though.  Although the few different orders I have placed Lego has been spot on, so I'm pretty confident.

Congrats!  That's always a good feeling.

Congrats on find!!   When you say "BLing a MF," are you completely piecing this together from BL instead of buying a set?  Sorry, probably a dumb question, but just curious. 

I'm doing the same thing with the Mini Modulars right now.  I missed out on it, didn't feel like spending $100 on eBay, so I'm putting together all the pieces.  I'm using a bulk CL bin, pieces out sets, and stopping by the Pick-A-Brick at Legoland California to get everything I need.  I may still have to order some parts from Lego themselves, but I'm estimating only about 5% of the construction will be that way.

It's definitely fun, and a bit challenging, especially for big sets (Mini Modulars is 1350+ pieces).

I'm doing the same thing with the Mini Modulars right now.  I missed out on it, didn't feel like spending $100 on eBay, so I'm putting together all the pieces.  I'm using a bulk CL bin, pieces out sets, and stopping by the Pick-A-Brick at Legoland California to get everything I need.  I may still have to order some parts from Lego themselves, but I'm estimating only about 5% of the construction will be that way.

It's definitely fun, and a bit challenging, especially for big sets (Mini Modulars is 1350+ pieces).

I imagine it depends on where you get your parts, but I am assuming it can be cheaper to piece them together yourself?  Are these for your own collection or for investing purposes?

I imagine it depends on where you get your parts, but I am assuming it can be cheaper to piece them together yourself?  Are these for your own collection or for investing purposes?

For me, for this first one, it's for the build.  I've done a horrible job of keeping track of my pricing, but I do know I picked up about 100 pieces that I need at Legoland yesterday for $3.  (They charge by weight, not by the piece type).

However, considering the bulk lot I've got in the garage, along with the couple of sets I have that I'm piecing out, I think it will be much cheaper to put together.

There's a very good chance you got the right part. I have been looking for a backup sound brick for my grand carasousel. I was able to order one on Lego's new replacement website. I was surprised when I received it. It was brand new and works very well. Not I do not have to worry my old sound brick may break after a few years.

I guess there may be just some extra replacement parts left. When I called them on the phone, they told me they did not have it. But they shipped the sound brick to me as a surprise. I was also able to order some retired parts like the window in cafe corner and the 1x8 sand green brick for green grocer. But they are out of stock online now.

On 6/14/2018 at 3:10 PM, exciter1 said:

Awesome. I ordered a couple extra and they already shipped. Also ordered some of the Mynock wings since they only appear in that color in 75192 . Gonna build a few extra since only coming with one was kind of lame. 

• Like 1