LEGO UK retired products as of 11FEB 2014

Guest TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy

Lego Retired Products.xlsx

This is what I saw by typing "Retired Product" into LEGO's search field.  I can only list all items using the Safari browser on my iMac.  IE & FireFox don't appear to display more than the first page.

Edited by TabbyBoy

So many sets retired, only 10% of that list is worth something. The rest are garbage.

I'd only keep Helm's Deep, Batcave, Unimog, Pick-up Tow Truck, FB, the Marvel sets, Jabba Palace, Guggenheim Museum, Robie House. The rest can just hit the recycling bin.

You don't have the Superman vs Power Armor Lex there. That is also retired in the UK.

Lego has a bunch of junk amongst gems. Don't know about the Friends sets. They've been overly hoarded in the past years.

Edited: Oops, I just saw the Lex set in your list. :) Me bad.

So many sets retired, only 10% of that list is worth something. The rest are garbage.

I'd only keep Helm's Deep, Batcave, Unimog, Pick-up Tow Truck, FB, the Marvel sets, Jabba Palace, Guggenheim Museum, Robie House. The rest can just hit the recycling bin.

You don't have the Superman vs Power Armor Lex there. That is also retired in the UK.

Lego has a bunch of junk amongst gems. Don't know about the Friends sets. They've been overly hoarded in the past years.

Edited: Oops, I just saw the Lex set in your list. :) Me bad.

Winter sets junk? Hahahaha

Winter Village Market 10235 already RETIRED ???? Its almost unbelievable... this set were produced just 4 months??? Is it possible?

What do you think, guys, can be a set just temporary retired? If TLC declares a set as "retired", is it definitely? Do you remember some precedents from the past, when a retired product was "resuscitated" and available again?

Winter Village Market 10235 already RETIRED ???? Its almost unbelievable... this set were produced just 4 months??? Is it possible?

What do you think, guys, can be a set just temporary retired? If TLC declares a set as "retired", is it definitely? Do you remember some precedents from the past, when a retired product was "resuscitated" and available again?

quite possibly an error. Even if this set is not selling well, it will be kept until end 2014 before retirement. Though there is a chance that production has stopped for this set as the remaining stock will be cleared out by this Christmas.

Not that I can recall, not in the last 3 yrs at least. Glad I bought a bunch this yr, so that I wouldn't have to worry about them next yr. My guess is that lego is done with the Christmas series.  I doubt they will release a new set....I mean, how big can a Christmas village get anyways? lol I think these should be worth some pretty good $$$ if they are retiring soon. I need to get some more just in case. 

Has a notable set ever been retired in the UK for a yr or more, while still available in the US??

Though there is a chance that production has stopped for this set as the remaining stock will be cleared out by this Christmas.

This would be a strange strategy...  becase if they stopped the production and plan to distribute their stocks before the Christmas, they need to keep full warehouses almost the whole year, although many people could buy this set also during the year. If they just sold the whole actual production of this set and plan to produce more sets before the Christmas, then why they mark this set as "retired", and not just "sold out" ? Its very unusual.

In reality I dont see much sets 10235 in the shops now. Its interesting that I can buy winter cottage 10229 from several shops for around 100 eur, but not 10235. Normally I would accept a lack of winter sets shortly after the Christmas - but why there is a shortage of 10235 sets only, and not also 10229, which is retired for sure? This is very interesting. Maybe TLC produce this set as a special seasonal editon (something like small christmas polybags, but in bigger form).

Another question is whether there are sets in the past with similar short EOL. If I exclude limited 41999, I remember Zombies (EOL after a half year?).

Its also interesting that 10235 is stil available in US shop and home, but in Europe it is retired...