76017 - Avengers: Captain America vs Hydra

glenbart

Is it ok for lego to release a Nazi figure  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok for Lego to produce a Nazi figure?

• Yes, absolutely
    • No
    • Who cares ?
    • What ever you (they) say, it's part of history
    • I hadn't given it any thought.
    • It doesnt offend me
    • It might offend others
    • Jabba is a saint compared to the Red Skull
    • I think a media circus is possible if there are complaints
    • I think we will hear nothing about it in the media
    • Marvel Lego is baddass
    • The top of the tank doesn't swivel around properley without knocking Red Skull out of his seat, but this set is a winner!
    • That stuff about Jabba's palace was a lot of nonsense
    • I think war is bad, i'm glad we won.

I do no see how anyone can complain about this set vs. any set with Darth Vader or Emperor Palpatine. Darth Sideous is the symbol of evil and his political authoritarian regime. This is seen as the same as Hitler's rise and absolute power as chancellor. 

Good vs. Bad, and Lego still shows that the good guy "wins" nuff said

Who knows. People complain about all kinds of stuff. Personally, while I may be able to, if I strain, see some potential shred of resemblance through the torso design to the Nazi`s, it`s a reach at best. That`s going off the design. The character himself is just that. Not sure how people will react, but there is a good chance that if they did shorten production, value will spike  :money: I really doubt it though. It`s only a torso design, and people can easily distinguish a toy figure that does not have any markings on it from the real thing. If there were a swastika on it or something of the like, then there would be a problem, but Lego is not stupid enough to do that. 

Guest brickcrazyhouse

from what I can tell all red hase is an octopus (hydra symbol?)on his belt it's no swastika or even iron eagle shouldn't even be an issue

I'm only speculating here, but I suspect that marketing and merchandising lies behind this particular decision.

think about all the toys and spin off of this. Disney does not want to show that, so it will move away from the original thoughts from the comic books and make it "Hollywood"

Seeing the brickshow review earlier on the tank looked a bit "cheap early nineties merchandise" you know, like those sets that had magnets for the figures...

LOL!

I loved Starcom. These toys were awesome...at least that's how I remember them

You are talking about the laser rat.

http://www.parrygamepreserve.com/toys/starcom/laserRAT.php

Cease production already? Tell me this is a joke. Did you load up 100 sets and now trying to offload by spreading rumors?

No, but I do think it's far from lego stating they never wanted to produce military type lego. It has struck me a bit, Red Skull is a Nazi. I saw the film a few weeks ago, thought it was really good, much more hard hitting than just, oh its aliens...

I've experienced worse I guess, In 2000 I met a brother & sister from Norway, All I said was I liked listening to Bob Marley and the next thing I knew I was being told the plans that had been proclaimed by one of the locals at their village pub. Within 6 weeks I had left my job and was nutty as a fruit cake.

Off topic but for those of us old enough to remember No Panties Teacher Barbie in 1995 the National Association of teachers complained to Mattel and they pulled it off the shelf. Prices soared on Up4sale back in the days of beanie babies but now they are both worthless and I got plenty of them if anyone wants to trade.

Not that would ever happen to lego. I guess for their next Modular they could do a concentration camp it would be perfect next to the Parisian Cafe (sarcasm)

I vote NO to Nazis