Walmart.com Returns

RunMan3

OK so I ordered a Tower Bridge with GC and after I received my $40 GC I applied it to order for HH with GC. I received both today. TB arrived in decent shape except for the big white sticker which was easily removed with hair dryer. But the outer box for HH was pretty much mangled. The shipping box was extra large and over 12" deep with ZERO packing. Needless to say the set box is creased and bent and one end was completely open (both seals loose) all the bags are sealed but there are 5 grey plates loose? Is this normal?

Packing slip says to go to Walmart.com/Returns which states you may return via mail or to a store. Any recommendations as to which is better? Does Walmart offer discounts for damaged sets like Amazon does sometimes?

Any experiences you can share would be appreciated. I had planned to use last GC to maybe order another TB but at this point I'm not sure I want to chance it or not.

• Like 1

I have 24 boxes coming tomorrow. I am scared as hell. It seems that the exclusives sit on their shelf for a while and are damaged before they get put in a box. If these orders do not arrive in good shape i will be pissed having to return these huge sets. They are shipping 1 set per shipment which makes no sense. If this does not fly i will.be done ordering from them online. From a diffferent perspective i ordered 15 helms deep when the price was discounted and they came in lego boxes in perfect shape.

II have returned in store with no problem.

The tough thing though is what will they do about the giftcard or how will they do a replacement.

Yeah that's what I was just thinking about. How would a store replace it and what will they do about the GC which I already applied to purchase of a HH set.

I have 24 boxes coming tomorrow. I am scared as hell. It seems that the exclusives sit on their shelf for a while and are damaged before they get put in a box. If these orders do not arrive in good shape i will be pissed having to return these huge sets. They are shipping 1 set per shipment which makes no sense. If this does not fly i will.be done ordering from them online. From a diffferent perspective i ordered 15 helms deep when the price was discounted and they came in lego boxes in perfect shape.

Based on my experience I'd venture to say at least part of them will not be in great shape. My TB had quite a bit of crumpled paper packing and it was in pretty good shape but the HH had no packing at all and therefore was just bouncing around in the over sized very deep outer box.

I wrote to them once , here is their answer:

"Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about the package you received. We value your input in continuously help us improve our service. However, we let you that some items are shipped directly from the manufacturer or vendor and with so many possibilities depending on where the item ships from, the item may or may not be shipped in its original packaging. If the item is damaged or defective, you may return your purchase at any Walmart store or through the mail. Instructions to return an item are available here: http://www.walmart.com/returns/returns_how.gsp

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546."

I wrote to them once , here is their answer:

"Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about the package you received. We value your input in continuously help us improve our service. However, we let you that some items are shipped directly from the manufacturer or vendor and with so many possibilities depending on where the item ships from, the item may or may not be shipped in its original packaging. If the item is damaged or defective, you may return your purchase at any Walmart store or through the mail. Instructions to return an item are available here: http://www.walmart.com/returns/returns_how.gsp

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546."

Thanks for the info. What a crock! They say to allow 2-3 weeks if shipped back so think I will take my chances at a store.

FWIW I received 4 HH's today from Walmart ordered with the GC deal.  All 4 were in great shape.  Boxes were stuffed with lots of butcher paper wadded up as padding though Walmart does not package as well as amazon does though.

Glad to hear. As I stated before my Tower Bridge was in good shape also. I was planning to order another one but not sure at this point if I want to take the chance.

Walmart doesn't really care about customer satisfaction, they are all about volume and winning on price, so don't expect them to show sympathy or concern...

Unfortunately, this is the truth. They also don't care about employee satisfaction either. No matter what, you can't get no satisfaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jadvt7CbH1o

Just got my HH and it did have brown packing material all around it so i think it was damaged before it was shipped. The left side front of the box has some very large creasing in it. Not happy. This set was for investment. Should i return it and try to get another?

Since it is still available for the same price I would re order. If u can keep the GC and return for full value order from target.