6873 Doc ock ambush and 6863 batwing

cobrakai

Newbie here. These are available as site to store at a couple local stores.   $34.97 for the batwing and $29.97 for the spidey set.  What are the odds they actually have them available to pick up?  It lets me add them to my cart.  Also are these a good investment?  Lego.com says they are both retired.

They aren't great at those prices, but at this point your probably not going to find 6873 cheaper if you can find it at all. 6863 is still on target.com so you may want to keep an eye on that in case they decide to clear them out like that have been with some sets lately. Walmarts inventory system horrible though, so if you decide to make the purchase I'd do store pickup to see if it's actually there so you don't waste a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

At this point, yes I`d buy both for sure at the price point. They should do well, and I could see the value on ebay being x2 that at some point quite easily. You should be able to net a 50% + return, if not more,  quite easily. I`d take that any day  :thumbsup:

EDIT: After thinking for an additional couple seconds, I`d maybe pass on the Doc Ock. I`m not sure how long that one will take to get up there. Battle over Gotham will be a solid investment, so I`d definitely buy all those no questions. Maybe 1-2 Doc Ock if you are worried about missing out. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great responses.  After switching to the mobile site, I ordered the following: (pending each stores inventory I suppose)

Battle over Gotham $13

Hulk Helicarrier $35

Loki Cosmic Cube escape $11

Power Armor Lex $11

The Doc Ock Sets are a bit of a drive, but they are $13 if I ever head to that side of town.

Thanks for all the great responses.  After switching to the mobile site, I ordered the following: (pending each stores inventory I suppose)

Battle over Gotham $13

Hulk Helicarrier $35

Loki Cosmic Cube escape $11

Power Armor Lex $11

The Doc Ock Sets are a bit of a drive, but they are $13 if I ever head to that side of town.

Yeah at that price buy them all.

Hopefully you get a confirmation for pick-up 

that sounds better...reminded me to double check around me and there is a store that claims to have 5 of these about 30 min away so i put my order in..fully expect a cancel because i was there last week and swear i did not see them. although i went to like 6 walmarts that day and it's possible they did have them and were not on clearance yet

All of these orders I placed were cancelled by Walmart except for the Power Armor Lex.  I got 2 of them for $11.  Funny thing was that one store let me order 4 but cancelled the order, but the store that let me order 2 sets fulfilled it.  I have a feeling they have more in the back too because they looked fresh out of the case.