What LEGO set(s) are you piecing together from bulk.

I've bought about 150+lbs of bulk LEGO over the last couple of years. Some lots more organized than others. So I have grabbed a few buckets and started to sort to sell or keep. I'm finishing up a Toy Story 3 7597 Western Train Chase to get rid of. Missing most of the figures. It'll be 98% complete with a few pieces missing or substituted.

Next up I have this. Most  likely a keeper.
 lego7888_zps4410b3d5.jpeg
Batman 7888. Missing book 1. The Icecream Truck is somewhere. I remember seeing most of it with the stickers applied. I think I have the minifigures. This was from the very 1st bulk lot I got on EBay and last big one. I had no idea the value of 7888 at the time. I probably paid too much, $500 shipped for 73lbs with lots of minifigures (over 100) and about 10lbs of instructions. It was a mom who was unloading her sons Lego. Definitely wasn't picked through. Lots of Technic, SW, Agents, City and Indiana Jones. She even sent me free another 8lbs in a box months later which has mostly pieces from 7682 Shanghai Chase and 7628 Peril in Peru.

Anyways, I'd like to hear what LEGO you all are piecing together from your bulk..

I`d say you got a pretty good price for 73lbs at $500. That`s $6.85 a lb, not a price to complain about, especially considering the figures you mentioned. It may seem like a lot given the price. All depends on what you got in there obviously, but overall that`s a pretty good buy in price for bulk. Nice that it wasn`t picked through and the good stuff taken out, and that you got a bit more as a freebie. Really nice buy, those SD`ers will took great when finished. I`ll admit to being slightly jealous of that Tumbler, I`ll need to bite the bullet and buy one at some point. Excellent set. 

I bought a new in destroyed box Vampyre Castle and I working on doubling to tripling the size through bricklink and my stash from bulk buys.

Right on! Would love to see a pic. in the future when your modifications/expansion are completed, if you feel like sharing that is. No pressure  :thumbsup:

I bought a new in destroyed box Vampyre Castle and I working on doubling to tripling the size through bricklink and my stash from bulk buys.

Count me in on wanting to see that. I'm putting together a Halloween Town, and expanding the Castle is on my to do list.

For me, I'm trying to put together a Mini Modulars set from my bulk lot. It's going really good, but I admit I'm getting tired of searching for the parts through 30 lbs of bulk.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• 2 weeks later...

Currently assembling a Sandcrawler (trying to list before the UCS set leaks), just finished the gunship and AT-TE.  This was a pretty good lot I got as it has more star wars, a bunch of big Power Miners and a bunch of nice town stuff.

To the OP, I daresay you'll never find 150 pounds composed of good sets and figs for 500 ever again so great job!

• 3 months later...

I've gone a little crazy with some bulk purchases over the last couple of months, so I've got a whole slew of sets that I'm trying to piece together.  I've been lucky in some cases - low entry cost, with the opportunity for great return when I sell these.  I've also had luck with most of the pieces being there, with very little left to Bricklink.  And, once or twice, I've bought bulk expecting only one or two sets, and then finding a couple other high ticket sets in there.  That's always a real treat.

Here's what I'm working on from my bulk lot purchases:

4842 - Hogworth's Castle

10217 - Diagon Alley

10194 - Emerald Night (the coal tender and passenger car only)

8097 - Slave I

4209 - Fire Plane

4439 - Heavy Copter

4737 - Quidditch Match

5560 - Pink Box

8056 - Monster Crab Crab Clash

8059 - Seabed Scavenger

8060 - Typhoon Turbo Sub

8061 - Gateway of the Squid

4436 - Patrol Car

4841 - Hogwart's Express

4184 - Black Pearl

I'm also trying to piece together some sets for myself.  I'm pulling bricks from bulk lots to build the following:

9465 - The Zombies

10199 - Winter Village Toy Shop

10196 - Grand Carousel

10173 - Winter Train

I'm probably a little nuts for trying to take on so many at one time.  I've really got to get through the rest of these bulks sets so I can get back to building, selling, and investing.

I've gone a little crazy with some bulk purchases over the last couple of months, so I've got a whole slew of sets that I'm trying to piece together.  I've been lucky in some cases - low entry cost, with the opportunity for great return when I sell these.  I've also had luck with most of the pieces being there, with very little left to Bricklink.  And, once or twice, I've bought bulk expecting only one or two sets, and then finding a couple other high ticket sets in there.  That's always a real treat.

Here's what I'm working on from my bulk lot purchases:

4842 - Hogworth's Castle

10217 - Diagon Alley

10194 - Emerald Night (the coal tender and passenger car only)

8097 - Slave I

4209 - Fire Plane

4439 - Heavy Copter

4737 - Quidditch Match

5560 - Pink Box

8056 - Monster Crab Crab Clash

8059 - Seabed Scavenger

8060 - Typhoon Turbo Sub

8061 - Gateway of the Squid

4436 - Patrol Car

4841 - Hogwart's Express

4184 - Black Pearl

I'm also trying to piece together some sets for myself.  I'm pulling bricks from bulk lots to build the following:

9465 - The Zombies

10199 - Winter Village Toy Shop

10196 - Grand Carousel

10173 - Winter Train

I'm probably a little nuts for trying to take on so many at one time.  I've really got to get through the rest of these bulks sets so I can get back to building, selling, and investing.

Don't you live in San Diego? Take a break and go outside. I recommend Cabrillo National Monument. I used to de-stress up there when I lived in Mission Beach.

Oh and right now I'm building this, it's the second one I've done this week! I recently got a few great lots.post-30202-0-36932700-1403386029_thumb.j

• Like 2

Don't you live in San Diego? Take a break and go outside. I recommend Cabrillo National Monument. I used to de-stress up there when I lived in Mission Beach.

Oh and right now I'm building this, it's the second one I've done this week! I recently got a few great lots.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I do live in San Diego. Don't worry, I promise I'm getting outside enough (we've had weekly trips to Legoland, does that count?)

It's really slow going, because I only do this at night, when the kids and wife are in bed. So I only get an hour or two at a time.

I recently completed a Queen Anne I got in a bulk deal. I had to bricklink half of it, ended up costing me 80. Love the ship, great set.

I've just about finished this one and am missing about 9-10 pieces that I'll need to Bricklink and one mini fig that I bought on eBay for $6.00 shipped. Not bad for a $200 lot that also had a Black Pearl, Ghost Train, Goblin King, and a Haunted House. It is a cool ship, it's the only Lego set (other than in my kids rooms) that I've got displayed in my house. Soon to be joined by the afore mentioned Black Pearl.

I've just about finished this one and am missing about 9-10 pieces that I'll need to Bricklink and one mini fig that I bought on eBay for $6.00 shipped. Not bad for a $200 lot that also had a Black Pearl, Ghost Train, Goblin King, and a Haunted House. It is a cool ship, it's the only Lego set (other than in my kids rooms) that I've got displayed in my house. Soon to be joined by the afore mentioned Black Pearl.

Nice haul for $200!

I usually don't do the whole bulk thing, but lately I've stumbled onto 3 or 4 lots that I couldn't pass up.  After an obscene amount of sorting I've got a pile of incomplete sets to finish off.  Luckily most are only missing 5-15 pieces (except the Sail Barge which is missing about 75) and I've got probably 80-90% of the minifigs. Also,most of the smaller sets are just for my personal collection, so there's really no rush to get them complete. 

6210 - Jabba's Sail Barge

6271 - Imperial Flagship

7018 - Viking Ship

7625 - River Chase

7657 - AT-ST

7659 - Imperial Landing Craft

7673 - MagnaGuard Starfighter

7681 - Separatist Spider Droid

7749 - Hoth Echo Base

7752 - Count Dooku's Solar Sailor

7785 - Arkham Asylum

7915 - Imperial V-Wing Starfighter

8017 - Darth Vader's Tie Fighter

8036 - Separatist Shuttle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More Castle sets ready for EBay from a $150 lot. Have yet to get to the SW sets. I've also found most of a 4729 Dumbledore's Office. No instructions for it though. The sets have been 99% complete so far.

7037 Tower Raid

028_zps56a64811.jpg

7949 Prison Carriage Rescue

1822_zpsfb85826f.jpg

7040 Dwarves' Mine Defender

005_zps3ca08154.jpg

7078 King's Battle Chariot is almost complete. Need to find a dark reddish brown spear. I have plenty of regular brown.

7079 Drawbridge Defense is next in line.

Pic to follow.

My seven year old is putting this set together by himself for me, so far all I've done is place the rubber bands on the legs. The same lot also has a 6210 Sail Barge, I'll have him do that next. After that onto the 6212 X-Wing. I think I'll surprise him and let him keep that one as payment for helping me out. This is the easiest lot I've done, since he's doing all the work.

7675 AT-TE

post-30202-0-68462100-1409195445_thumb.j

• Like 2

It's really slow going, because I only do this at night, when the kids and wife are in bed. So I only get an hour or two at a time.

Exact same deal here: 3.5 year old and a 3.5 month old, plus the wife. In fact, I don't think she realizes to what extent I am into this hobby as everything is tucked away in bins every night...
  • Like 2