79122 - Shredder's Lair Rescue

Quacs

Not sure if anyone has seen Shredder's Lair set yet, but TRU has it on their website. It's NOT a new version of the TMNT Lair - it's actually Shredder's base. Anyone staying away from the lair because they thought it might be a redo of the first should probably reconsider.

post-9910-0-95115300-1392558758.jpg

EDIT: Looks like a new purple version of the Shredder minifigure.

• Like 4

I think the sets everyone is worrying about overlapping are actually movie sets and will be much different than the current cartoon ones. I think the TMNT line is all going to be pretty solid and very underrated investment. Just my 2 cents.

I sure hope you are right as I have found these sets at clearance at Target and Walmart impossible to resist :)

How prominent is Casey in the new series. I know he is in it but has he played a big part yet. He is the one character who we have not seen yet.

Is the print on this shredder exactly the same as on the Dragon Bike. That is the set that will probably be effected the most with this release.

How prominent is Casey in the new series. I know he is in it but has he played a big part yet. He is the one character who we have not seen yet.

Is the print on this shredder exactly the same as on the Dragon Bike. That is the set that will probably be effected the most with this release.

He has just started to show up.  I think he has been in two or three episodes, one where he was prominently featured.

He has just started to show up.  I think he has been in two or three episodes, one where he was prominently featured.

I wonder if that is a slight tip off they are planning a wave 3, since they didn't put Casey into one of these new sets. You would think you would want to make sur eyou get him in there unless you knew he would be there later. I will be pretty mad if I assemble a massive turtle collection and I can't have Casey.

I wonder if that is a slight tip off they are planning a wave 3, since they didn't put Casey into one of these new sets. You would think you would want to make sur eyou get him in there unless you knew he would be there later. I will be pretty mad if I assemble a massive turtle collection and I can't have Casey.

I'm not sure their release match the show timeline.  The mutation chamber set is based on the second or third episode of the first season, and there wasn't actually a mutation chamber.  Unless that sea turtle makes another appearance, it was already in season one and Leatherhead wasn't in that episode, he may show up again, but he is now lost in Dimension X.

I'm not sure their release match the show timeline.  The mutation chamber set is based on the second or third episode of the first season, and there wasn't actually a mutation chamber.  Unless that sea turtle makes another appearance, it was already in season one and Leatherhead wasn't in that episode, he may show up again, but he is now lost in Dimension X.

With all this bumping around seasons and episodes in the sets, now I wonder how long will Lego keep making stuff for the turtles? Another year; maybe more? I don't mind so long as they stay fresh, and help to expand my collection of regular and olive green pieces.

• 10 months later...

I think this one will do well depending on how many TRU.com still has.  It's not available for pickup at any of the three TRU stores near me but it is available online for a nominal markup.  All of the first wave TMNT sets are sold out from LEGO so this is the only set that includes the standard Raph, Mike, and Shredder minifigures at this time.  

I think this one will do well depending on how many TRU.com still has.  It's not available for pickup at any of the three TRU stores near me but it is available online for a nominal markup.  All of the first wave TMNT sets are sold out from LEGO so this is the only set that includes the standard Raph, Mike, and Shredder minifigures at this time.  

I haven't seen them in TRU stores recently.

I have no idea what to think about TMNT long-term.  It has a loyal/fanatical following outside of Lego, and IMO, the minifigs are great (especially the turtles).  I have several of the first run sets stashed away, so I'm bullish.  Early returns haven't seen that quick spike, but I'm not liquidating yet.  I just wish there was one to two large sets similar to the original Batman run to anchor the theme.

I have no idea what to think about TMNT long-term.  It has a loyal/fanatical following outside of Lego, and IMO, the minifigs are great (especially the turtles).  I have several of the first run sets stashed away, so I'm bullish.  Early returns haven't seen that quick spike, but I'm not liquidating yet.  I just wish there was one to two large sets similar to the original Batman run to anchor the theme.

The Turtle Lair appears to be taking off a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ninja-Turtles-Turtle-Attack/dp/B00A88DSLW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1422373938&sr=8-3&keywords=lego+turtle+lair

Not bad if you had a $30-$40 buy-in.