my superhero minifigures

mahler24

if you want the exclusive comic con figures you going to have to pay megabucks

That's a question I hadn't gotten around to yet.  I've never actually been to ComicCon, but I have some relatives that manage to go every year.  Do any of you know what exactly is involved with getting the ComicCon exclusive figures?  Do you just basically visit the LEGO booth and make a purchase?  Is there limited quantities, like first 100 customers each day, or ???

Any insights would be appreciated.

I have never been, so the information I have is second-hand. Wanted to be clear on that.

The Comic Con minifigures are giving away in a raffle. There are talks about it being "rigged" to prevent Ebay sellers from getting them, but its nothing but a theory.
This article explains it WAY better than I can: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/13/sdcc-the-lego-minifigure-giveaway-at-last-years-comic-con/

I have never been, so the information I have is second-hand. Wanted to be clear on that.

The Comic Con minifigures are giving away in a raffle. There are talks about it being "rigged" to prevent Ebay sellers from getting them, but its nothing but a theory.

This article explains it WAY better than I can: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/13/sdcc-the-lego-minifigure-giveaway-at-last-years-comic-con/

Not to start this up again but I go to SDCC every year and I have no doubt that last year's raffle was fixed. In previous years the raffle was completely random. Either way, the raffle involves going by the booth(outside last year) during the first few hours of each day to get a ticket then around 3 or 4 they post they post the winners. TLG didn't have any Toy Fair exclusives this year so it will be interesting to see if they're done doing these types of giveaways anymore.

This article explains it WAY better than I can: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/13/sdcc-the-lego-minifigure-giveaway-at-last-years-comic-con/

I just chuckled at his suggestions to make things better.  Because I believe they did some of those things in 2013 (at least for exclusives), and it did *not* work.

Not to start this up again but I go to SDCC every year and I have no doubt that last year's raffle was fixed. In previous years the raffle was completely random. Either way, the raffle involves going by the booth(outside last year) during the first few hours of each day to get a ticket then around 3 or 4 they post they post the winners. TLG didn't have any Toy Fair exclusives this year so it will be interesting to see if they're done doing these types of giveaways anymore.

Uh oh.  Didn't realize this was a discussion in the past.  So, I'll keep this short.

I attempted to get in on the BTTF Delorean buy last year.  I was waiting at the doors to come into the con early (on Friday).  As soon as the doors opened, I headed over there.  They were already sold out.  I talked with someone at the Lego booth, who said she walked up to the booth at 9:30, and had already seen the line wrapping around.  How that was happening with a con that doesn't open until 10, neither of us could figure out.  (Well, obviously, we can figure it out).

I've been going to Comic Con since the mid-80s, and this getting worse every year.  To the point where I don't bother.  It's just nuts.  I may try again this year, but we'll have to see.  More likely than not, I'll just let my son or daughter (which ever one is with me that particular day) build something for display because it's fun.  Everything else is a big PITA.

I just chuckled at his suggestions to make things better. Because I believe they did some of those things in 2013 (at least for exclusives), and it did *not* work.

Uh oh. Didn't realize this was a discussion in the past. So, I'll keep this short.

I attempted to get in on the BTTF Delorean buy last year. I was waiting at the doors to come into the con early (on Friday). As soon as the doors opened, I headed over there. They were already sold out. I talked with someone at the Lego booth, who said she walked up to the booth at 9:30, and had already seen the line wrapping around. How that was happening with a con that doesn't open until 10, neither of us could figure out. (Well, obviously, we can figure it out).

I've been going to Comic Con since the mid-80s, and this getting worse every year. To the point where I don't bother. It's just nuts. I may try again this year, but we'll have to see. More likely than not, I'll just let my son or daughter (which ever one is with me that particular day) build something for display because it's fun. Everything else is a big PITA.

I wasn't talking about SDCC in general, just the raffle fixing discussion. SDCC is more challenging every year, but that's part of the fun to me. It's pretty much to the point though where if you aren't getting in early with an exhibitor badge, you aren't getting any of the really good exclusives that you have to line up for first thing.

I wasn't talking about SDCC in general, just the raffle fixing discussion. SDCC is more challenging every year, but that's part of the fun to me. It's pretty much to the point though where if you aren't getting in early with an exhibitor badge, you aren't getting any of the really good exclusives that you have to line up for first thing.

I actually was talking about LEGO specifically, but yeah, in general it's like that.

how bout alfred? ridiculously pricey huh

Alfred and Killer Croc are the lone two characters from Batman 1 without a refresh. Additionally, Alfred was from a pricey set (and had an exclusive head) so many people didn't own him like the other figs in cheaper sets (e.g Catwoman, Quinn) or came in multiple sets (e.g. Mr Freeze, Joker).

I'm shocked we don't have a refreshed Alfred to-date.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

After the bad press about last years "fix", I think that LEGO might be backing away from doing this (not worth their trouble). I think that they have already skipped exclusives at a couple events since the issue. 

Regarding the fix - I am sure that something was up (kids would get them, adults alone - nope, etc). I doubt that LEGO was directly behind it - it was likely just some local handlers who thought that it would make more sense for kids to get them (to play with), rather than adults (to sell them for 1k).

It was a terrible decision (that was likely not very well thought out), since many honest people purchased expensive tickets for the opportunity to get a chance at the exclusives (regardless of their intentions).

Are you only collecting the new Superhero figs, or the old Batman and Spiderman as well.  I'm building my Batman 1 fig collection, and they're really pricey!  Eventually I hope to have all of the Batman 1 and 2 villains and Batman figs! (excluding the henchmen and CC exclusives)

Why don't you want the henchmen?