Apple Store Modular

Pseudoty

I highly doubt this will ever be produced. Apple will charge a ridiculous amount on licensing fees. Not to mention that it doesn't jive with their modular theme now. Same reason that the Western Modulars didn't make it past the review and that wasn't a licensed item.

Personally, I'm not a fan of this at all. For one, I'm not a big fan of Apple, and two, it's just so generic.

Also, if it didn't have an Apple logo on the side, who honestly believes this would have come close to 10,000 supporters??? I would kinda have a hard time trying to figure out exactly what it was the builder was making without the logo.

Guest TabbyBoy

It looks like it's been made by a 5yr old.  10,000 people need to see an optician and/or a shrink.  Do I like it?  Hmmm... let me think about it.

NO !!!

While I too would love to see this get made, I don`t see it happening. This sort of thing really isn`t, or at least, hasn`t been Lego`s style. A clearly marked "Apple" store promotes consumerism and such, if nothing else, rather than creative play, and for that reason and others I don`t see it happening. Little bit difficult to put into words, but it`s not the same as a movie license theme where the sets are based on something else. An Apple store or anything of the like carries/promotes a separate brand name all together. A set would make a better Apple store opening/giveaway more that anything else, but not an addition to the Lego lineup. It could happen of course, but this would seriously be surprising. 

Every Apple fan will buy one.  So that is what 30% of the population of the modernized nations?  Seems like a no lose product.  Add 100% of the Lego collectors, and you have a pretty big number.  And, just to be more ubiquitous, it can be sold in every Apple store. I like my iPod and Pad, though I hate the Apple store.  I would still buy this set though.  I would even buy one to build.  Would be a cool addition to any city set in someones basement.  And, just wait, it would be a very profitable scene for the next movie.

Guest davewager78

Not a fan of this. A couple of neat builds, like the stairs, but the rest isn't great. If it was tricky to make a smooth top to a Taj Mahal, and a smooth bonnet for a VW beetle, then it was always going to be tricky to make a convincing Apple logo, even large size in 2D

Also, I think there's someone of eBay selling instructions for a modular building with an Apple store on the ground floor, and an apartment above. The store might not be branded as such (can't remember), but it's obvious what it is. The build from these instructions looks MUCH nicer than the one we're discussing here

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Guest TabbyBoy

Just taken another look to be sure and I hate this monstrosity even more. LEGO are bonkers to release crap like this. At least make it look like an Apple store, not a deformed iceberg. Has the creator of this been let out on good behaviour yet?