Apple Store Modular

Pseudoty

Guest TabbyBoy

It's an 'Apple' product, 10K was just an easy target with the amount of zombie-followers the brand has. Don't get me wrong, I myself own an iPad and an iPhone, but the lack of objectivity of some customers is astonishing.

That's the reason for my previous comments.  I bet these 10,000 "sheep" don't even know what Lego is.  I admit, I'm typing this on my iMac (I don't do Windows) and our house also has: iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, MacBook Air, iPod 4G, iPod Nano, iPhone 4 & iPhone 5 between two of us.  I'm not a sheep but, their products just work so much better then their Windows and Android equivalents.

I'm typing this on my iMac (I don't do Windows) and our house also has: iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, MacBook Air, iPod 4G, iPod Nano, iPhone 4 & iPhone 5 between two of us.  I'm not a sheep but, their products just work so much better then their Windows and Android equivalents.

That is all.

People are getting hung up on the look of the set, but remember the pitch is for the concept, not the specific build. The build will be modified/improved if/when they can agree on a licensing agreement w/ Apple. Think about how the Lego Store set looks - most people love that because of the neat details. If this were green lighted, it would get the same treatment by the designers.

The target market for this set are those millions of ardent Apple fans, so there is more than enough demand. The question is will Apple allow it's brand to be sold on the same box as Lego. I personally don't think so. Apple is one of those companies that is extremely protective of its brand and green lighting this set would cede some control of it.

• Like 1

sarcasm much?

No - I actually like the set and would buy it

People are getting hung up on the look of the set, but remember the pitch is for the concept, not the specific build. The build will be modified/improved if/when they can agree on a licensing agreement w/ Apple. Think about how the Lego Store set looks - most people love that because of the neat details. If this were green lighted, it would get the same treatment by the designers.

The target market for this set are those millions of ardent Apple fans, so there is more than enough demand. The question is will Apple allow it's brand to be sold on the same box as Lego. I personally don't think so. Apple is one of those companies that is extremely protective of its brand and green lighting this set would cede some control of it.

Absolutely. As hard core Lego buyers and fans, sometimes (obviously) peoples standards are much higher.

I do the same with Star Wars - those micro fighters are stupid looking - but I still buy every one that comes out because I love Star Wars and I want them all.

That's the reason for my previous comments. I bet these 10,000 "sheep" don't even know what Lego is. I admit, I'm typing this on my iMac (I don't do Windows) and our house also has: iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, MacBook Air, iPod 4G, iPod Nano, iPhone 4 & iPhone 5 between two of us. I'm not a sheep but, their products just work so much better then their Windows and Android equivalents.

I don't understand this mentality. Windows and android run perfectly. All eight of my machines, plus phone and two tablets work flawlessly and always have, with the exception of an occasional hardware failure which is an easy fix, unlike with horribly outdated and proprietary Mac hardware. I guess that is why me and every other tech guy out there dismiss Apple as being toddler computers.

Sorry for getting off topic and /end rant

I don't understand this mentality. Windows and android run perfectly. All eight of my machines, plus phone and two tablets work flawlessly and always have, with the exception of an occasional hardware failure which is an easy fix, unlike with horribly outdated and proprietary Mac hardware. I guess that is why me and every other tech guy out there dismiss Apple as being toddler computers.

'Toddler computers' is harsh. I work in Graphic Design and in my industry virtually all businesses use Mac. The same can be said for Photography, Publishing, TV, Film, Music, advertising. 

'Toddler computers' is harsh. I work in Graphic Design and in my industry virtually all businesses use Mac. The same can be said for Photography, Publishing, TV, Film, Music, advertising.

I forgot about content creation which I will concede that mac does handle rather well. Its not a side of computing that I am into or have any interest in so its easy to overlook :P

I think it is a great idea.  I like the look of the actual Lego store.  And, other than The Lego Store, it is pretty much the only mall store I see getting major traffic in the mall by my house.  Given my family's lifestyle, I would love to see a Lego Store modular, a Starbuck's modular, and this one too.  This example might be blocky and small, but it is just a prototype.  Look at what has been happening with the Minecraft sets in development.  

As for the license:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e8bb/

e8bb_playmobil_apple_store.jpg

Umm, wrong. You're living in 1990. Macs are the defacto standard now at any real tech company/startup, for any real engineer/developer. Go to Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc, etc, and every engineer has a Mac, by choice, for good reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Like TOK said earlier, let's all leave the Apple vs. Android/PC discussion to another forum. Instead, let's discuss the merits of the Apple Store MOC hitting 10,000, whether people think it will get green lighted and if so, what effect it will have on the secondary market.

• Like 1

No thoughts on a green light. I'm sure it would sell to trendy hipsters but I would have absolutely no desire for a set like this. Seems too "consumerist" to me. Probably a bit hypocritical since lego is, by nature, consumerist. But, the draw of Lego sets for me has always been because it draws on your imagination. Not the case with this set. Big pass for me.

Like TOK said earlier, let's all leave the Apple vs. Android/PC discussion to another forum. Instead, let's discuss the merits of the Apple Store MOC hitting 10,000, whether people think it will get green lighted and if so, what effect it will have on the secondary market.

Okay then my views; it's a bland uninspiring piece of design which is littered with poor representations, none more so than the Apple logo itself. The 10000 I'm convinced were as a result of the idea because the execution isn't of a high standard.

Will Lego release this? Only if they can drop this one in the bin and design it from the ground up. But seriously I don't know, I guess it depends on whether they see a market for this. I'm pretty sure Apple are going to want a say (and a large cut) One thing I would expect to see changed if it does get approved is the logo, I can't imagine Apple would allow any deviation of their branding. Maybe a sticker or a mould of the logo.