10231 - Shuttle Expedition

Ed Mack

• 2 months later...

Another very good set is on sale. LEGO Shuttle Expedition 10231 for only $89.97

I thought they did a great job with this and I actually have a few of the Shuttle Adventures (10213) before that run was ended for this.

Since we are talking about space sets here, they also have a 10% sale on LEGO Space Center 3368. Priced at $62.68

Its another nice set with a few cool minifigs.

LEGO Space Moon Buggy 3365 is 33% off right now, only $5.99

There is a store down here in australia, called myer that has the space centre for $59, when It usually goes for around $100. Absolute bargain for us aussies!!

It is nice that there is a sale you can take advantage of, from what I have been reading in these posts that is not always the case. :-)

• 2 months later...

Do you think that with the discontinuation of the US space shuttle program that this set could be a $$$ maker?

I don't see why not. It's the same as how collectible 'classic' cars are, I would think. Plus this set is very nicely detailed, which always helps.

Also is there any other Shuttle sets put out by TLG?

Are you referring to other sets similiar in build, or simply altogther? Either way here's a short list.

TOWN - Launch Command

Shuttle Launch Pad (1995)

Shuttle Transcon 2 (1995)

TOWN - Space Port

Mission Control (1999)

Discovery

Space Shuttle Discovery (2003)

CITY - Space Port

Space Shuttle (2011)

Sculptures

Shuttle Adventure (2010)

Shuttle Expedition was a re-release of this one for 2011.

I believe that is all of the Space Shuttle sets that LEGO has done with the shuttle. The other sets in each respective theme are various vehicles and odd things. I have the very first one from 1995 and the lastest one from 2011, myself. Used to play the heck out of the original one when I was younger. Even made the 'swooshing' noises! Ha ha.

It's a nice set. I've got a couple. LEGO put out a Shuttle Adventure 10213 prior to the Expedition. It wasn't out long. It's my understanding that it didn't build well so it was replaced with 10231. Not sure whether that's true or not, but you can find 10213 on the aftermarket.

I agree. I have several of the original version and I'm hoping that it will increase because of its rarity.

• 2 months later...

I just called, they're all gone. This is a set I wish I would've bought more of, it flew way under the radar!

Haha! I get it!

"Flew way under the radar!" Because it is a space ship.

I think I am over reacting to this one. Sorry, but its been a boring day. I believe that this comment right here made my day!

:-)

Haha! I get it!

"Flew way under the radar!" Because it is a space ship.

I think I am over reacting to this one. Sorry, but its been a boring day. I believe that this comment right here made my day!

:-)

I also called, the advisor told me its just out of stock for now and will be restocked.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump a bit of an older thread. I have had great success with flipping these sets over in the past, however now they have obviously disappeared. A local store has about 6 of them though, all out at $129 (Aussie Dollar and US Dollar are almost equal) which is still below what the RRP here was initially at $150 I think it was here. I have been keeping an eye on them for the past couple of weeks but they haven't been moving. Just contemplating whether or not I should just bite the bullet and get a few (or all) or just wait hoping for a Lego discount in store. I am honestly suprised they haven't been reduced further they have sat there that long. Thoughts?

Sorry to bump a bit of an older thread.

I have had great success with flipping these sets over in the past, however now they have obviously disappeared. A local store has about 6 of them though, all out at $129 (Aussie Dollar and US Dollar are almost equal) which is still below what the RRP here was initially at $150 I think it was here. I have been keeping an eye on them for the past couple of weeks but they haven't been moving.

Just contemplating whether or not I should just bite the bullet and get a few (or all) or just wait hoping for a Lego discount in store. I am honestly suprised they haven't been reduced further they have sat there that long.

Thoughts?

I would grab them all.