10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

• 2 years later...

I wouldn't be shocked to see this go before GE or PS.  It's newer of course, but not exactly 'new', being a 2012 set.  I have no idea what actual sales are of course, but I suspect that it is the poorest seller of all the modulars.  No one talks about it much and it's my least favorite, so it must be everyone else's least favorite as well ;-)

This is not going anywhere; trust me. These modulars are not treated by the Lego group same as every other typical set they release. Regardless of popularity and/or price, we should see now that Lego seems to have more of a timed routine with the modulars and the time for this one is still a ways off as in by the end of 2016 after the Grand Emporium retires by the end of this year and then Pet Shop at the close of the next.

As for the lack of chatter about the Town Hall, the reason for that is this set is nowhere near retirement and thinking of sinking a few $200 amounts on a set that will inevitably sit for a long time while taking up resources which could be better spent/used elsewhere in the meantime is just not a good idea. In a couple years, this could end up being hoarded like the Fire Brigade. Haha. Everything has its time, but right now just isn't the Town Hall's.

• Like 2

Town hall, the weakest set of the bunch. I refuse to invest in sets that don't excite me and this one is just plain boring.

I invest in sets that don't "excite" me all the time, I mean otherwise how else am I going to explain the cinderella castle sets in my closet...am I right fellas?

• Like 2

Interesting, in regards to amazon they were at more than 999 about a week ago.  I think two things.  Too many people on this site are late night owls, and I know with absolute certainty none of us know anything and LEGO does a fantastic job of keeping the cards close to the chest.  Sorry that was three things.  I am just keeping my eyes open for these flash sales and hope I catch them.  Maybe that is why everyone here are insomniacs.  We don't want to miss the best opportunities.

Interesting, in regards to amazon they were at more than 999 about a week ago.  I think two things.  Too many people on this site are late night owls, and I know with absolute certainty none of us know anything and LEGO does a fantastic job of keeping the cards close to the chest.  Sorry that was three things.  I am just keeping my eyes open for these flash sales and hope I catch them.  Maybe that is why everyone here are insomniacs.  We don't want to miss the best opportunities.

In fairness you were probably the only one who interpreted the 'out of stock' as a 'sign' 

just built this one last week and it looks pretty cool.  I think its also the largest modular yet ?  The only thing is it needs a flagpole or lightning rod on the top.

I think it looks nice and I don't have one yet.  I'll get one before the end of the year.  A flagpole would be a nice touch.

I invest in sets that don't "excite" me all the time, I mean otherwise how else am I going to explain the cinderella castle sets in my closet...am I right fellas?

Okay, but how do you explain the glass slippers right next to them? :-D

When the time comes to sell, I'm thinking of bundling Town Halls with the Delorean. Great Scott!

• Like 1