10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they filled all of my orders over the last few days.  I am, waiting for my SSD orders to be filled.  I actually orderd the SSD when it was in stock, but apparently they still backordered them.  I had two Town Halls arrive yesterday.  Awesome set, huge box.  Bigger than the pet shop and grand Emporium.

Yes they filled all of my orders over the last few days.  I am, waiting for my SSD orders to be filled.  I actually orderd the SSD when it was in stock, but apparently they still backordered them.  I had two Town Halls arrive yesterday.  Awesome set, huge box.  Bigger than the pet shop and grand Emporium.

The set feels heavier too. I remember debating whether to get the Town Hall or the Grand Emporium for my personal collection on Black Friday last year and remember picking up both boxes. The Town Hall set felt heavier than the Grand Emporium.

I was surprised how light the GE and PS boxes were for their size. Lots of small parts I suppose.

The SSDs however are heavy muthas.

Thats the reason I haven't stacked a few more. Just so ridiculous. I feel like it will be a disappointment if it doesn't get to 1000$. But I don't think it will so I am not sure I want 10-15 of them.

• 5 months later...

This is limit 2 at LEGO Shop at Home. PetShop and Palace Cinema are at limit 5. No way Townhall could retire before Pet Shop, right?

Why not? The demand from us investors has been pretty low due to the rather high price tag. And with everyone investing in the fire brigade... perhaps Lego drew conclusion that it was a flop and shortened it's lifespan. In theory, it would not be possible for Town Hall to retire before Pet Shop, but as I see every day at my job, theory and practice are sometimes miles apart.

Why not? The demand from us investors has been pretty low due to the rather high price tag. And with everyone investing in the fire brigade... perhaps Lego drew conclusion that it was a flop and shortened it's lifespan. In theory, it would not be possible for Town Hall to retire before Pet Shop, but as I see every day at my job, theory and practice are sometimes miles apart.

For 2700 piece count, $200 is a bargain :-)

I don't think it is necessarily the high price tag, but that there are two modulars ahead in line to retire (GE & PS). I bet that as soon as the GE officially is gone sales of PS and TH will pick up, not only among investors but also Lego fans that are afraid of having to pay secondary market prices if they miss the boat.