10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I think it may be interesting, when questionning an employee, to know for how long he was a lego employee. I would ignore any rumor from a lego employee hired less than 3 years ago, and doubt the words from the older ones.

Got a point there, I verified twice with him about it. In the end, time only will tell if he was right.

Anyone else think the Town Hall would make a good Hill Valley clock tower to go with a Delorean? WIth a little work obviously.

This would be cool to integrate in a lego city display. Brilliant idea mscheaf!

Maybe in the future we can sell the Town Hall and the Delorean as a package deal combo?

Maybe in the future we can sell the Town Hall and the Delorean as a package deal combo?

I don't think so, because such a scene is only about Back to the future (BttF).

And the main value is in the TH.

The (few) people who would like to do this would do it by themselves, so I wouldn't bother to combine such sets, and have the risk to see it taking dust.

IMO you can pack some items when it's very obvious to sell them together (like santa's workshop and the free polybags with elves), or when the cheapest item can be seen as a nice bonus (and not the reverse :) ).

With the TH + Delorean, in value it will be about 80% TH and 20% delorean, but the scene is about BttF.

Something like a Delorean + a cheaper set would be better (let's say a lego city dustbin with accessories) , to make a scene in which doc search for bananas to give some power to the delorean. Or a big billboard to hide the delorean behind.

Of course, if the TH were an official BttF set (box, etc.), that would be different !

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

Ehmz... put a fork in?

OK not sure if your asking seriously in which case I am going to explain or sarcastically in which case I apologize for trying to explain.

In America, related to Thanksgiving Day and Turkeys there is an old saying that is "Its done, stick a fork in it to check that it is cooked fully".

It has been adapted to where we apply it to lots of different things meaning that something is completely done, over with, etc.

So in this case on Town Hall I am not going to stick a fork in it. :)

That said since mscheaf has so many I love vacations to the South so maybe I could do a road trip with him and round up the remaining ones when the time comes and split the bounty.

OK not sure if your asking seriously in which case I am going to explain or sarcastically in which case I apologize for trying to explain.

In America, related to Thanksgiving Day and Turkeys there is an old saying that is "Its done, stick a fork in it to check that it is cooked fully".

It has been adapted to where we apply it to lots of different things meaning that something is completely done, over with, etc.

That said since mscheaf has so many I love vacations to the South so maybe I could do a road trip with him and round up the remaining ones when the time comes and split the bounty.

Hmmm, weird, I thought it had to do with the fat lady singing at the end of professional sporting events.  Maybe that's "Stick a fork in her!"

• Like 1

Ah ok.... here we do that to de patatten! We don't turkey too much over here and don't say thank you.

What do you say besides "thank you"?

November 1:  All Saints' Day    

November 11:  Armistice Day

December 25:  Christmas Day

What is a patatten? A potato? Or is it the Fat Lady exciter1 is talking about? :)

Indeed potatoes. We're not savages that go around poking fat ladies eh! :D

• Like 1

November 1:  All Saints' Day    

November 11:  Armistice Day

December 25:  Christmas Day

Indeed potatoes. We're not savages that go around poking fat ladies eh! :D

Ohhhh, you mean instead of Thanksgiving. I thought you meant you didn't say thank you and I was curious.

Ohhhh, you mean instead of Thanksgiving. I thought you meant you didn't say thank you and I was curious.

I know, was pulling your leg. We do have something like Sinterklaas Saint Nicolas which is also good for Thanksgiving-promo's on 6 december. Can do some good business then.... but we don't eat turkeys then.

Edited by Neosphinx