Target 2014

psusyntar

The 7 targets I visited in he last couple of days locally, all pushed the new Super Hero an Star Wars sets out onto their shelves this last Thursday and Friday -- rotating out older sets to make space and clearance them straight to 75% off.  Some of the clearance sets were previously 30% off for a number of weeks, others went from full MSRP straight to 75% off.

I spotted my Target finally had all the new stuff such as the Microfighters a couple days ago. Walmart has the spots with tags for them but still nothing in yet aside from the Microfighters which is funny to me. Target has been pretty good about being stocked up in time yet Walmart constantly dilly-dallies.

around where I live walmart had the new stuff out 2 weeks ago and i have been flipping death star troopers on ebay.

other stuff not so much.

target just got the new stuff out this last friday .

this is in around western MA/NH.

fyi - - almost all the new SW sets that are sold out online at LEGO Shop at Home can be purchased online at walmart now.

• 2 months later...

Went to my local target today for the 40% off sale.

got some smaller sets.

But wonder which of the 2014 will be sure thing investments? I want to go back and get more tomorrow. Please help me make smart choices! any price range.

Honestly the bogo isn't that great except for the stuff online that was below retail but is now unavailable. In store it's 20% off retail for mostly new sets, many of which will be clearanced or available at a similar or lower price on amazon within the next year. Unless you want to build it I wouldn't be buying up for investment much on this sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Honestly the bogo isn't that great except for the stuff online that was below retail but is now unavailable. In store it's 20% off retail for mostly new sets, many of which will be clearanced or available at a similar or lower price on amazon within the next year. Unless you want to build it I wouldn't be buying up for investment much on this sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Agree completely. The only real deal to me was the LOTR ship because it was below retail. It was gone in seconds. Everything else can be gotten cheaper at some point in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Is it possible to stack the buy one get one 40% off with price match on Amazon? Say for example with 31011 Aviation Adventures. Before tax, would Target allow a price match on both sets to go down from $59.99 to $42.86, and then get 40% deducted from the price reduced set so that the two are bought for $42.86 and $25.72 respectively for a grand total of $68.58? I know that in Target's online policy for price matching it is limited to one per identical item but the potential example I thought out here has both sets the same for the sake of simplicity.What was not clear to me whether this sort of discount is considered in Target's price match policy as it is not explicitly listed in its exceptions. And to me the possibility of the stack came to mind because this sort of promotion does not apply a discount to each individual item, rather it does only for the second set bought that has an initial equal or lesser value than the first set one would buy at full price. The question is then, that if this sort of stacking of discounts is allowed for Target would it then be advantageous to buy sets during this sale period?

I would advise most members to avoid trying to PM & get the BOGO at target.  The target employees at CS are much more well trained than TRU cashiers and target has more polices in place than TRU to stop stuff like this.  At target BOGO is supposed to be applied before PM and your only supposed to be able to PM one of each item.  That being said there are some that will be successful, but the vast majority of you will be wasting your time.

I tried the TRU stacking last week and won't be doing it again.  TRU managers in my area strictly follow TRU policies and the employees are too stupid to enter the codes on their own.

• 1 month later...

Well apparently target doesn't ship to Hawaii anymore. That's great. How the hell do you have multiple target stores in Hawaii but wont ship anything to my house, when before they used to? Guess im adding target to the list of places to boycott along with toys r us. Only have two options left now, amazon and shop@home

Well apparently target doesn't ship to Hawaii anymore. That's great. How the hell do you have multiple target stores in Hawaii but wont ship anything to my house, when before they used to? Guess im adding target to the list of places to boycott along with toys r us. Only have two options left now, amazon and shop@home

Sucks that you are so limited.  What about Wal-Mart?  Do they ship to Hawaii?