75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

http://www.thebrickfan.com/breaking-lego-star-wars-ucs-sandcrawler-75059-rumors/

"There are rumors of a new LEGO Star Wars UCS (Ultimate Collector Series) set that will be released in 2014. Chowren Toys has gotten word that LEGO will be releasing the UCS Sandcrawler (75059) sometime next year and will go for $299.99. The original Sandcrawler (10144) came out in 2005 but there hasn

• Like 1

Awesome! Still haven`t gotten a copy of the original, though it does look pretty sweet. Wonder how the value would hold up if this turns out to be true. 

Also, It`s says "Slave 1 UCS" near the bottom. What!?! That would be amazing!

It would probably be fine - its already stopped growing anyway. I am pretty sure the smaller of the other UCS sets haven't necessarily been killed by the larger - although most of those came out after I guess. 6211 ISD, 10198 Tantive, etc.

I will ga-ga over a UCS sandcrawler. I already own two 10144s. I'm a Jawa fan. Own a vinyl cape carded Jawa, have a working 1978 sandcrawler first shot / prototype with remote, taught my son how to give Jawa hugs while taking jawaese (eg utini), and my next dog will be named Jawa.

How cool would it be if power functions could be easily added.

I don't understand the numbering.  If it is going to be a UCS then I believe it would be the first with a 75#.  One the other hand, maybe it is just a regular set and not going to be a UCS?  If so, the price couldn't be $299.

I guess we shall see.

The Ewok Village is $250 and is a "normal set."   It probably isn't a UCS set, just a large regular STAR WARS set.  $299 for a set of this magnitude would not be enough in my opinion.  I would think that a properly done UCS Sandcrawler would be in the $400 range...at least...maybe more.

Thanks very much for this thread...you just saved me hundreds of dollars and possible 41999 crawlers in a trade.  I'm deleting the old sandcrawler from my Ebay Watch lists...no way in hell I'd buy the old one given this new news!

Its not news by any stretch.. no guarantee this happens. And as seen with the new Barge, there is certainly no guarantee this will be a better set.

A UCS Sandcrawler would be great.  Hopefully a true UCS and 5,000 pieces for around $400.

I missed out on the original Sandcrawler unluckily after paying for one and getting scammed on Ebay (many moons ago), I'd love to have another one come out as I just can't bring myself to pay current prices for the old set.