75059 - UCS: Sandcrawler

TheDarkness

Guest TabbyBoy
48 minutes ago, Pako said:

Sorry Tabby, but Red 5 have been selling at 300 euros (quite a few) for the last two months, which is a decent profit if you bought it below RRP, well in France at least.

That's still £250 minus fees/postage/packing/tax which is too close to RRP for my liking with virtually no profit. I was too naive back then and paid RRP for them, there's no way I'll buy UCS again unless it's >33% off and it'll be for collection only.

2 minutes ago, botchy123 said:

Is that right, what price do you think i bought them for ?

what I meant is "if you resell the price you bought it then you make no loss but no profit either" like Tabby did, so : cheap but still better than nothing

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, xxgatorzxx said:

Built this the last few days, was b-day gift from wife. Got from ebay, damaged box for 250. I must say this was a very fun and interesting build.  As an AFOL drawn from the dark ages a few years ago this makes a nice addition to my small but growing collection.

that is all

xxgatorzxx

This still ranks as my favorite Star Wars build.  Probably only the Millennium Falcon can top it.  I don't even think the new Snowspeeder will.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It´s not a CITY Firestation. Lego know they need to feed demand by giving these big sets a break for a while. DS has been an exceptional set in many ways.

We should be safe for 5 years, at least.

Indeed, there are the usual candidates for remakes and the ones that are unlikely. Police/fire stations are regular traditional kid stuff;  X-Wing, Death Star and Millenium Falcon are the backbone vehicles of Star Wars: it would be mental to think that they would not be remade. SC was not a popular seller so I would say the chance for a remake is low. 

For Star Wars UCS sets to get a remake is a pretty rare thing.

• 7191 X-wing Fighter was remade as 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter with 13 years between release dates.
  • 10129 Rebel Snowspeeder is getting a remake as 75144 Snowspeeder with 14 years between release dates.
  • 10144 Sandcrawler (not classified as UCS set) was remade as 75059 Sandcrawler UCS set with 9 years between release dates.
  • 10188 Death Star has been remade as 75159 Death Star, nearly seamlessly. :P Because it's a LEGO flagship set and the demand is there, obviously.
  • 8097 Slave 1 (not UCS set but a big playset) has been remade as 75060 Slave 1 UCS set with 5 years between release dates.

I would say that the chance that the 75095 Sandcrawler is getting a remake that is at least as good if not better within the next 7-8 years is slim to zero. A more likely chance I estimate is a new (smaller and less detailed) playset Sandcrawler. Similarly to how the UCS Imperial Shuttle (10212) got a smaller playset version released as the IST (75094).

• Like 6

Why would LEGO remake a poor seller, with so many more potentially lucrative options and reissue candidates?  The 75059 is a quality set that didn't find enough love from fans.  Unless LEGO plans on doing a 6000+ piece set remake, interest in this set or future remakes of the Sandcrawler won't change.  I'ts no X-Wing, Falcon or Star Destroyer.  Why don't people write about remaking the UCS B-Wing?  Because to me, they are very similar sets.  Nice, but not nice enough.  No love equals no remakes...

29 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Looks like Amazon may have finally sold out.

phewsh - thank you - i just repriced - i was the lowest price at $399.  emphasize was.  lowest price for new set is now $444 and only 39 sellers with new sets listed :).

skeptics prepare to be surprised. sellers prepare to be scammed and don't sell now.  with some luck and inflation, this set will be $1000 in 3 years. or not.

Edited by cladner

3 minutes ago, cladner said:

phewsh - thank you - i just repriced - i was the lowest price at $399.  emphasize was.  lowest price for new set is now $444 and only 39 sellers with new sets listed :).

skeptics prepare to be surprised. sellers prepare to be scammed and don't sell now.  this set will be $1000 in 3 years.

Sure hope so! I was in for one for under $270.  C'mon sandcrawler! Don't disappoint!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Sure hope so! I was in for one for under $270.  C'mon sandcrawler! Don't disappoint!

i'm known to be irrationally exuberant so don't go buying that island in the south pacific just yet.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1