10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

I nearly spit out my coffee when I read the title.  Thus far I have zero, zilch, nada of the Pet Shop and I broke out into a cold sweat.  EOL false alarms are going to be the death of me!

On a side note, does anyone see this retiring before the GE? 

• Like 1

Wow, I wish I read the forum. I saw the headline, ordered 10. Guess I'll have to return them. LOL

Just trying to funny. To be honest I have gotten caught up in a EOL friency. When I heard that they were going to pull Jabba's Palace off the shelves for being offensive to some religion. I ran out the house like it was on fire ( not panicking, leading the way to safety) out of sheer luck, I got a decent price. Lesson learned

• Like 2

I nearly spit out my coffee when I read the title.  Thus far I have zero, zilch, nada of the Pet Shop and I broke out into a cold sweat.  EOL false alarms are going to be the death of me!

On a side note, does anyone see this retiring before the GE? 

I don't see the PS retiring before the Grand Emporium. My guess is that the GE will retire sometime this year, and the PS will retire next year.

I don't see the PS retiring before the Grand Emporium. My guess is that the GE will retire sometime this year, and the PS will retire next year.

Thanks MartinP - you've set my mind at ease.  The plan is to continue adding GEs when possible.  I'll blame you if the EOL order is reversed, however!

• Like 1

My guess is that they will retire the one that doesn't sell as well. If that's the Pet Shop then maybe it will go first. I have no idea which sells better. I am just throwing that out there.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

My guess is that they will retire the one that doesn't sell as well. If that's the Pet Shop then maybe it will go first. I have no idea which sells better. I am just throwing that out there.

That is what I'm thinking. Lego would retire the modular that doesn't sell well. My best guess is that the Town Hall doesn't sell very well. The price point is higher unlike the other modulars which have a MSRP between $149.99 and $159.99. That $40 to $50 price difference may not be a lot of money to the Lego investors, but it may be a lot to a collector who has an option to buy a cheaper modular.

• Like 1

just my humble opinion but I don't think Lego will retire a set (town hall) that's about two years newer than a modular still available no matter how 'poorly' TH is assumed to be performing. I think they will give it more time to sell. but I guess anything can happen.

• Like 1

just my humble opinion but I don't think Lego will retire a set (town hall) that's about two years newer than a modular still available no matter how 'poorly' TH is assumed to be performing. I think they will give it more time to sell. but I guess anything can happen.

With Lego, some of the sets that they retire are as random as throwing a dart with a blindfold on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My theory is that lego will retire multiple exclusive sets this year. There are just way to many exclusives. And new ones are coming!

I think that:

10211 GE has to go.

Tower Bridge has to go.

VW has to go.

Maybe we will even get caught off guard on some other exclusive which is not out for long. Just watch for (old) exclusives which get discounted. This I believe is the first sign of retirement. 

Lego has us really busted by the b@lls. They play with us like ants. Whenever they change something on price or availability we panic run to the store to stack-up. They laugh out loud! 

But what can you do?

Guest TabbyBoy

A lot don't realise that the Pet Shop separates into 2 parts unlike other modulars. I think this works in it's favour so, I'm topping up on these too. My gut tells me this disappears along with the Grand Emporium or very soon after