• Santa's Workshop
  2. 2. Which is your least favorite?

• Toy Shop
    • Bakery
    • Post Office
    • Cottage
    • Market
    • Santa's Workshop

LEGO's 'Seasonal' line of sets come out during various major holidays every year. These include Christmas, Easter and Valentine's Day to name a few.

Current LEGO 'Seasonal' listings...

Some of the Seasonal sets, like 10216(Winter Village Bakery) and 10222(Winter Village Post Office) have 'appreciation' written all over them if you take into consideration how another discontinued 'Winter' set has appreciated.

Winter Toy Shop 10199

The Winter Toy shop is up 52% from MSRP since 2009. Not bad. Maybe these other 'Winter' sets will follow the same course.

• 7 months later...

I bought two of the Friends Advent calendar http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/LEGO-Friends-Advent-Calendar-3316 http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=3316-1 at the Downtown Disney LEGO store last month, and the guy that helped me (might be the manager) said that they were flying off the shelves. He said that it was a short run and they didn't expect any more to be produced because the back of the box shows a horse that's not included: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LEGO-Friends-Advent-Calendar-3316-Lot-of-3-SETS-SEALED-Free-Shipping-HTF-/00/s/NTQwWDk2MA==/$(KGrHqR,!hgF!ys+5d!sBQRD43oYc!~~60_57.JPG Anyway, what are the investment prospects of this and other advent sets? Last year's Star Wars set seems to have tanked, though I think it's better than this year's. http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=7958-1

Surprisingly, these very cool Advent sets don't draw much attention. I don't know why. They seem relatively limited in production, with a new one every year for various themes. Friends is a hot ticket and I'm sure the Advent calender will do better than most other Advent calenders, but overall, nothing special.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been curious to everyone's opinion on these seasonal sets for a while now. I just picked up the 2012 SW Calendar as well as the City at Target. They don't get much attention by any means, especially in the investment field it seems, but they seem fun nonetheless. I remember I had one or two back in the day, but haven't had any since. I was wondering if anyone else really enjoys these, or if they really do hold them for investment. Any thoughts?

While I think they are greatly overpriced, they are fun. I bought one for my now 6 year old last year, but didn't this year, even with the discounts, because I just don't feel you get your moneys worth. But he thoroughly enjoyed opening up his little door every day. From an investment standpoint, the calendars from retired themes like Pirates and Kingdoms seem to do well(Sold one of mine for $55). The City and Star Wars are discount items because they keep coming out year after year. If Star Wars stops making them, you could see them go up in value because there won't be a fresh batch to choose from like the prior mentioned themes.

• 10 months later...

Make purchases from Lego.com or Lego store.  I don't remember the minimum purchase, probably $75-$100.  They are not running at the same time, you will need to make separate purchases to obtain both sets, and I believe each run is for 2 weeks if my memory serves me correctly.

The first giveaway is roughly two weeks (Oct 13 - end of month), but the second is only for 3-4 days (Nov 29 - Dec 2, I think).