• Santa's Workshop
  2. 2. Which is your least favorite?

• Toy Shop
    • Bakery
    • Post Office
    • Cottage
    • Market
    • Santa's Workshop

Can anyone verify for me whether these are VIP promos or just a general anybody-can-play promo? I want to do some under-the-radar non-VIP spending at the local stores this weekend but also want the promo (holiday). Thanks! :-)

The calendar is usually pretty clear about VIP only offer, like when WV Market was available for VIPs only in September. The November calendar does not indicate VIP only for the promos. It is a pretty safe bet that they are for everyone.

Thanks much - definitely worth a try. Hate to miss out on any VIP points this month, but I'm treading carefully and I have too many "same set" purchases lined up next to risk it.

Worst case scenario you can get yourself another VIP cards.  Vin Vin situation.  

I always see people turning down the VIP cards and promos.

Worst case scenario you can get yourself another VIP cards.  Vin Vin situation.  

I always see people turning down the VIP cards and promos.

I always seem to be the person who gets caught immediately whenever I try to get cute without appropriate precautions.

For example, I ordered some bookends off eBay yesterday from a mega-seller. They arrived today posted from the seller's Amazon Prime account. I'm sure he does this all the time, which is in violation of his Prime terms (sending "gifts" to all his customers around the country on Amazon's shipping dime). Great gig, he doesn't have to keep inventory and gets quick, reliable, free drop-shipping.

If I tried it, Amazon would catch me on the third transaction and ban me for life.

Not to say I think multiple VIP cards are a bad idea - and I have some ideas to make them work without getting caught - but I'll make haste slowly and be more cautious than I'm sure I need to be.

I always seem to be the person who gets caught immediately whenever I try to get cute without appropriate precautions.

For example, I ordered some bookends off eBay yesterday from a mega-seller. They arrived today posted from the seller's Amazon Prime account. I'm sure he does this all the time, which is in violation of his Prime terms (sending "gifts" to all his customers around the country on Amazon's shipping dime). Great gig, he doesn't have to keep inventory and gets quick, reliable, free drop-shipping.

If I tried it, Amazon would catch me on the third transaction and ban me for life.

Not to say I think multiple VIP cards are a bad idea - and I have some ideas to make them work without getting caught - but I'll make haste slowly and be more cautious than I'm sure I need to be.

I wouldn't be too worry about it.  They encourage each member of the family to have its own card in store.  You can even link the points together.  Below is a little excerpt on linking membership.

How do I add family members to my LEGO

Thanks much - definitely worth a try. Hate to miss out on any VIP points this month, but I'm treading carefully and I have too many "same set" purchases lined up next to risk it.

Sign up for a new VIP card under the name Stuart Pidasso.  Tell them you go by "Stu" and make them say your first and last name together.

Went to the Calgary store on Sunday (Oct 19) to get the Sydney Opera House and disappointingly they've already run out of the xmas tree stand.

Fortunately I was at the store the day before and got 2 Crawlers separately -- each came with xmas tree stand.

Will check again this weekend hopefully they would have a new shipment of the xmas set.

Went to the Calgary store on Sunday (Oct 19) to get the Sydney Opera House and disappointingly they've already run out of the xmas tree stand.

Fortunately I was at the store the day before and got 2 Crawlers separately -- each came with xmas tree stand.

Will check again this weekend hopefully they would have a new shipment of the xmas set.

That is typical for that to happen about halfway through the month. They usually get more by the end of the month.

• 2 months later...

While I don't dislike any of them, the Bakery is my least favorite(though I don't have Market yet).  The Bakery itself it just lacking too much, which is why the Cottage is my favorite.  A very nice build of a house that seems like you have got your money's worth.  For this reason, I think the Market will be my least favorite when I have it because of all the little builds.

I've only put together part of one set so far - the carousel from the Market.  I really like it.  I actually like the Market set, mostly because it's helped me zero in on my winter theme - a winter carnival/market.

I don't have much experience with the others yet, but I really like the pond in the bakery set.  That's given me the idea to expand it to a fishing hole/ice skating rink/hockey rink.

Guest eightbrick

I like the Cottage and Post Office (despite the snow-on-roof-continuity-problem) the best. The market feels too spread out though, hopefully next year's is better (give us ski lodge! give us ski lodge!).

The Toy Shop is my favorite.

I like the Cottage and Post Office (despite the snow-on-roof-continuity-problem) the best. The market feels too spread out though, hopefully next year's is better (give us ski lodge! give us ski lodge!).

I like the idea of a ski lodge. I hope they make that eventually.