• Santa's Workshop
  2. 2. Which is your least favorite?

• Toy Shop
    • Bakery
    • Post Office
    • Cottage
    • Market
    • Santa's Workshop

I'm sort of torn between the Cottage and Market for myself. The Cottage is very well done all around having a rather robust abode filled with nice interior. It can go well in any cityscape. On the other hand with the Market, I love all the little venues featuring tiny details sprawled about and the whole carnival concept has always been a favorite of mine since childhood. It also fits in among the earlier Winter Village builds seeing how compact each typically has been.

Hmm, I would have to go with Winter Village Market as my favorite with Cottage a close second. My pick for least favorite is either the Post Office or Bakery. I like the bits in the Bakery but the building is so-so while the Post Office house and gazebo is nice but the details and truck are just okay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have no idea where this would go, so feel free to move (or remove).

From another site...

Seasonal set news!

Holiday vignettes (like the Valentine's and Easter sets)

Halloween: Kid trick or treating, dressed as a witch, there's a stoop and a front door with a skeleton answering it.

Thanksgiving: Restaurant scene - chef wheeling out a full turkey on a cart, pie underneath it, there's a table with a woman sitting at it ready to be served.

Christmas 1: Kids building a snowman outside a snowy front porch

Christmas 2: "Santa's Visit" fireplace, tree, presents

2015 Holiday Promo sets

First is a train, looks like a Christmas version of the Emerald Express.
Second is a gingerbread house. Apparently looks amazing.
Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 8

Anyone putting the changing seasons set in their winter scene?

Yes.  That's going to be my "go to" house from here on out.  I'm going to use the fall version for my Halloween Town, and the winter version for my Christmas Village.

I have no idea where this would go, so feel free to move (or remove).

From another site...

Seasonal set news!

Holiday vignettes (like the Valentine's and Easter sets)

Halloween: Kid trick or treating, dressed as a witch, there's a stoop and a front door with a skeleton answering it.

Thanksgiving: Restaurant scene - chef wheeling out a full turkey on a cart, pie underneath it, there's a table with a woman sitting at it ready to be served.

Christmas 1: Kids building a snowman outside a snowy front porch

Christmas 2: "Santa's Visit" fireplace, tree, presents

2015 Holiday Promo sets

First is a train, looks like a Christmas version of the Emerald Express.
Second is a gingerbread house. Apparently looks amazing.

That all sounds amazing!  I love all of the descriptions, especially the Chistmas ones.

If that's true about the train, I may have to get 3 or 4 of these (if it's a 3-in-1 type set up).  Got to have a small little passenger trail for the kids to ride on in the winter scene.

Now, how does that play into "Winter Toy Shop", the title we've got right now for the 2015 winter set?

Yes.  That's going to be my "go to" house from here on out.  I'm going to use the fall version for my Halloween Town, and the winter version for my Christmas Village.

That all sounds amazing!  I love all of the descriptions, especially the Chistmas ones.

If that's true about the train, I may have to get 3 or 4 of these (if it's a 3-in-1 type set up).  Got to have a small little passenger trail for the kids to ride on in the winter scene.

Now, how does that play into "Winter Toy Shop", the title we've got right now for the 2015 winter set?

Some people believe that "Winter Toy Shop" is a placeholder.

• Like 1

Even if it's just speculation that seasonal set news has me pretty excited.

Guessing the Halloween vignette will have the trick or treat bucket from the new Skeleton Guy CMF and maybe a variation of his costume, Thanksgiving doesn't mean a whole lot to us here but I'll be getting a few to make some complete vignette sets.

The Holiday Promo sets sound amazing. If true every Winter Village layout is going to need a holiday train for the kids to ride around on. 

Edited by JeffProbst

I'm not too excited. 31015 Emerald Express is a $4.99 set, so describing a promo as a Christmas version of this set doesn't strike me as something that will be something minifig scale.  Plus, the numbering associated with the Christmas Train and the Gingerbread House are in the current Monthly Mini-Build/Seasonals/polybag promos numbering system. The winter promo box sets for the last two years have been 40082, 40083, 40106, 40107, whereas the winter line set should be 102xx, such as the upcoming 10249.  Now, I would love if these promos were just microbuilds of the Creator sets, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Restaurants that are opened during Thanksgiving ? Is this a new trend ?  Serious question since I cannot remember ever go out to eat on Thanksgivings

Anyone putting the changing seasons set in their winter scene?

I'm putting one on my desk at school and adding seasonal flair. Mostly zombies coming to eat the inhabitants... Santa zombies, Easter zombies... you get the idea. 

Restaurants that are opened during Thanksgiving ? Is this a new trend ?  Serious question since I cannot remember ever go out to eat on Thanksgivings

Chinese restaurants are open here. They're open almost every day of the year except Monday. 

10249-1.jpg

Somewhat surprisingly LEGO has chosen not to invest in the development of a new Winter Village set this year and instead will re-release the 6-year old Toy Shop, 10199 from 2009, which I am sure will disappoint many of us, myself included.

Here's the press release:

10249 Winter Toy Shop, 898 pieces

US $79.99 - CA $99.99 - DE 69.99€ - UK £59.99 - DK 599.00 DKK

Enjoy the holiday season with the Winter Toy Shop!

Welcome to the Winter Toy Shop! The holiday season has arrived and the toymaker is busy finishing off his latest creations! Outside, children ski and snowboard, and a freshly built snowman sparkles in the light that shines from the toyshop tower.

Continue reading »

I am disappointed that there will be no set to purchase this Christmas. Also a bit nervous for all the 4+ year old sets I have in my storage.

Food for thought for all hoarded sets...

exactly why I don't like the hold forever method and don't subscribe to it. If I have a set for over 4 years I am doing something wrong

tell that to all the 10179's, 10181's, 10189's & 10196's sold...

this is a different era. You can adapt or not. I don't care either way. Wouldn't be surprised if they re release those four you mentioned as well. Then what? 

Edited by MarxMarvelous