Building the 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon.

jaisonline

Really awesome man,

Hope you have a really great time building the set :D

Is there a special place for it once it's built? :P

No idea yet, that is the problem. The Eiffel Tower is already on display along with an Indiana Jones Temple Escape store display.

I was actually going to start a thread asking folks how their 10179s are displayed.

Other than the radar dish which was just shipped today, I'll be receiving my last order of regular parts today and I can finally finish my build on this. I started BLing it back in November and finally got everything. I have a spot in my room where I have my red tail boa cage that it will fit perfectly on and I'll snap a picture of it once I get it together. Congrats on your pick up man!

• Like 2

Other than the radar dish which was just shipped today, I'll be receiving my last order of regular parts today and I can finally finish my build on this. I started BLing it back in November and finally got everything. I have a spot in my room where I have my red tail boa cage that it will fit perfectly on and I'll snap a picture of it once I get it together. Congrats on your pick up man!

Did you get "lucky" in-terms of cost with any of the harder to find elements?

Did you start Bricklicking from stratch or did you already have a # of elements?

Did you get "lucky" in-terms of cost with any of the harder to find elements?

Did you start Bricklicking from stratch or did you already have a # of elements?

I bricklinked it from absolute scratch. Overall, not including the box, instructions, or sticker sheet, I've spent approximately $1300 for everything. It's a little on the higher end mostly because I did more smaller orders than as many huge orders as possible. Eventually, I'll pick up the other stuff, but it's a minor nitpicky thing for me at the moment.

Lucky in terms of cost... hmmm... well for one those corner technic braces that are yellow, I was able to get those from Lego for significantly cheaper than what people on bricklink are asking. Same with the 1x16 technic beams. I did stay true to the colors and all. The levers and 6.6 bars (umbrella stand things) were pretty pricy. Overall I spent over $130 for the levers and about $70 for the bars.

The ultimate lucky find for me though was from Lego. I've talked about it before, but I managed to score 2 LBG Mast riggings for essentially no cost. That saved me an easy $250.

The ultimate lucky find for me though was from Lego. I've talked about it before, but I managed to score 2 LBG Mast riggings for essentially no cost. That saved me an easy $250.

Actually, your post about the masts was part of my decision to finally go for this set.  that was an impressive "score".

BTW, i did order a second 10179 (special edition version) after this one from Amazon but it was a bogus listing despite many pictures listed with it .  However, it was worth the shot.

post-3743-0-01007500-1394202658_thumb.jp

Actually, your post about the masts was part of my decision to finally go for this set. that was an impressive "score".

BTW, i did order a second 10179 (special edition version) after this one from Amazon but it was a bogus listing despite many pictures listed with it . However, it was worth the shot.

Your order reminds me of one a few months back for a 'Live' Star that was like 20% off and turned out to be a bogus listing. I did eventually get my money back so it was not really a loss, but a disappointment.

Although I did finally break down and actually buy a 'Live' Star from my local Lego store about 2 weeks ago. With the rumors of the Sandcrawler and other possible big sets, my gut told me, I better buy this set. I have horrible luck, and if I waited it would have retired and I would be paying a lot higher for it. It was totally worth it.

I'm glad to hear my posting made you finally get it. I'm glad I invested my money into this set. It's been such a fun experience and building it has been a true marvel to behold.

No idea yet, that is the problem. The Eiffel Tower is already on display along with an Indiana Jones Temple Escape store display.

I was actually going to start a thread asking folks how their 10179s are displayed.

Ahh well, I'm sure it could go anywhere and look just as awesome xD

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I just finished building this behemoth on saturday. When I had the frame fully built I could somewhat imagine how much bigger it would be, but holy cheese and crackers that thing is so much bigger than I really was expecting. Ja, I hope you have a big enough table, because even with a full spare bedroom that I can put tables and stuff in, it's tough to figure out exactly how I want to display it. It was such an awesomely fun build.

I'm now on page 70 of 316 (step 52 of 96). I start building the leading gears and interior gunners' chair with step 53. 

i would be a few steps further if 45 mins weren't spent finding the 2nd (of 2 total) dark bluish gray "Utensil Loudhailer / SW Blaster ".  i gave up and was lucky enough to find one in my spare parts bin (from the Zombie coffin car polybag).

4349.jpg

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

post-3743-0-02940500-1394486577_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I have an opened 10179 that I have been itching to build, just can't commit as I am the type that can't stop building when I start and would definitely be up to all hours of the night...just might have to dive in and do it already. Good luck on your build, keep the pics coming.