My order status

2 hours ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Contrast that with Amazon, who earlier today removed an unfair customer feedback review almost instantly after I opened the case - it was resolved without questions, and happened so fast that I almost have to think they have it automated. I know Amazon can cause headaches too, but I was struck today by the drastically different experience in dealing with these two companies. It cannot be that hard to get a system in place that can accurately track up to the second stock. The fact that they so frequently have these issues in this day and age is mind boggling.

You can contrast everything TRU with Amazon.  Want to return something to Amazon?  Click a button and print out the mailing label that pops up.  With TRU, wait 40 minutes on hold (I literally now schedule my daily TRU call like this: call 800 number, set down phone, shower, make coffee, eat breakfast, check phone to see if it's my turn yet; I've never missed my spot in the phone queue by doing this), then get told you'll receive a label by email in 24-48 hours.  Except that won't happen, so instead you'll be calling back in 48 hours, only to learn the previous person you spoke with was an incompetent who closed your case and cancelled the label request as soon as you got off the phone...

• Like 2

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chargebacks.  It's your only recourse.

I spent 30 days trying to recoup some gift cards that got cleared in a botched online order.  I finally got a hold of someone -- not sure who -- who spoke perfect english, was in New York, and there was no background conversation clatter.  I imagined them sitting in a office with a door.  I explained my situation and she fixed it in ten minutes while I was on the phone -- I watched the gift card balances come back in real time as she went through them.

I'm not sure what I had to do to speak to a TRU CS rep with a soul, but it's never happened since.

Notice how many companies ask you to stay on the line to answer a quick customer satisfaction survey?  Thank you, TRU, for not bothering.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

I spent 30 days trying to recoup some gift cards that got cleared in a botched online order.  I finally got a hold of someone -- not sure who -- who spoke perfect english, was in New York, and there was no background conversation clatter.  I imagined them sitting in a office with a door.  I explained my situation and she fixed it in ten minutes while I was on the phone -- I watched the gift card balances come back in real time as she went through them.

I'm not sure what I had to do to speak to a TRU CS rep with a soul, but it's never happened since.

Maybe it would help if I specified that I want to speak to someone with a soul?  I don't want to sound bigoted, but I've heard that people without souls are usually jerks.

6 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Notice how many companies ask you to stay on the line to answer a quick customer satisfaction survey?  Thank you, TRU, for not bothering.

watch out on the chargebacks. some B&M sellers like KMART, STAPLES, TOYSRUS basically ban you for life for chargebacks... 

Asked this before but think I put it in the wrong spot.
I have another order which, since actually ordering it  has retired. Both sets say 'waiting for new stock'. Anyone seen this before or know what it means?

Yes. Happened to me with AT AT and ISD last year.

Most likely will be cancelled but there is still hope, reselling is built on hope.
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, BrickStanley74 said:

If you're lucky enough to get it shipped. Just got a cancellation and refund for my 75103 First Order Transporter bought last week from the BN eBay store. :(

At least you got your money back. And, if you used the EBay Bucks promo, likely you keep the EBay Bucks you earned as well (at least that has been my experience with cancelled items). So you didn't spend anything and got $5 in EBay bucks.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2016 at 11:39 AM, HappyHawkeye said:

I also got burned on the 12/9 sale (even though it was partially my fault for transposing two number son my CC security code). 

After I got my CC info corected, like several others, a bunch of items from my order were canceled. I paid using a combination of points, gifts cards & my TRU CC. Two weeks after the order and over a week since the last item was canceled the money from my canceled orders is completely unaccounted for. Trying to deal with TRU customer support has been a nightmare in every aspect.

Contrast that with Amazon, who earlier today removed an unfair customer feedback review almost instantly after I opened the case - it was resolved without questions, and happened so fast that I almost have to think they have it automated. I know Amazon can cause headaches too, but I was struck today by the drastically different experience in dealing with these two companies. It cannot be that hard to get a system in place that can accurately track up to the second stock. The fact that they so frequently have these issues in this day and age is mind boggling.

I've posted my horror story with TRU on the complaint thread. Took 4 weeks and around 5 hours on the phone for them to refill my GC, still out $10 from PP. Never shopping with TRU again. Ever.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:30 AM, newbie77 said:

watch out on the chargebacks. some B&M sellers like KMART, STAPLES, TOYSRUS basically ban you for life for chargebacks... 

I should be so lucky.  I'll try and remember to ask TRU to ban me for life, next time I call them.  Of course, they'll undoubtedly screw that up and ban some random soccer mom instead.  That's just how they roll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PickSomeBricks said:

My Obi Wan's Interceptors from target came today...in three different size boxes and 12 packages. Hopefully, their all there and in one piece... 

Target.com likes to ship these sets individually.  Obi-Wan is a VIP, obviously, so he deserves his own box with its own unique tracking number, and plenty of room for air pillows on all sides.  If this is not the explanation, then I'm not really sure what Target is thinking.  All of my Obi-Wan sets have been shipped from the same location, but individually boxed.  I'm not complaining.  Box condition is uniformly excellent, as one would expect.  I just feel kind of bad for Target, spending 10 x more for packing and shipping than was necessary.

7 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

Target.com likes to ship these sets individually.  Obi-Wan is a VIP, obviously, so he deserves his own box with its own unique tracking number, and plenty of room for air pillows on all sides.  If this is not the explanation, then I'm not really sure what Target is thinking.  All of my Obi-Wan sets have been shipped from the same location, but individually boxed.  I'm not complaining.  Box condition is uniformly excellent, as one would expect.  I just feel kind of bad for Target, spending 10 x more for packing and shipping than was necessary.

I wonder if Target uses the Amazon method of warehousing. Amazon doesn't have a single palette stash of a single item. They are spread all over their warehouses so there could be one or two quantity of that item in hundreds of different places. This could be why one warehouse worker isn't going all picking up your order of 30 Interceptors. Of course with Amazon being more savvy in their algorithms, they probably are better able to consolidate large quantity orders into one shipment.

Glad yours are all nice. Some of mine came in that shrink wrap stuff and were beat to crap. I'm generally not very picky but I have to return those.

It appears that Target has joined the party with using inventory from stores for order fulfillment.  So far everything that I've received has been in pretty good shape, and they clearly have the best process in place for providing the correct training and supplies (vs. KMart and ToysRUs for example.)  But, for just a few orders I have 46(!!!) small packages coming today and about 100 for the week.

1 hour ago, pcaster said:

It appears that Target has joined the party with using inventory from stores for order fulfillment.  So far everything that I've received has been in pretty good shape, and they clearly have the best process in place for providing the correct training and supplies (vs. KMart and ToysRUs for example.)  But, for just a few orders I have 46(!!!) small packages coming today and about 100 for the week.

good luck. 

once you start getting shipment in "grey polythene mailers" and sets with "missing mini figures" or "broken seals" then you would realize its not as easy as it looks/sounds.