My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Had an order for some stuff from TRU.com get cancelled a few hours after I placed the order despite it showing in stock still. Is that the ban hammer?

My order was similarly cancelled. Not sure what to make of it. I wasn't compelled to order anything else so I haven't figured out if it's something specific about the item.

Tried to order the Porsche finish line sets.

Edited by landphieran
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Had an order for some stuff from TRU.com get cancelled a few hours after I placed the order despite it showing in stock still. Is that the ban hammer?

Tru ban goes like this :

No confirmation email 

an email titled:  " important notice about your order " and says :  

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com

We regret to inform you that we were unable to complete your order. 

If you have any further questions, please contact our Guest Service Team at 1-800-TOYSRUS(869-7787). Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we are more than happy to assist you. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. Thank you again for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com

• Like 3

My order was similarly cancelled. Not sure what to make of it. I wasn't compelled to order anything else so I haven't figured out if it's something specific about the item.
Tried to order the Porsche finish line sets.

I was buying those same sets. I got an order acknowledgment but then was cancelled like the others have stated. I used a rewards certificate so this could be a fiasco getting that back and actually using it.

8 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

I was buying those same sets. I got an order acknowledgment but then was cancelled like the others have stated. I used a rewards certificate so this could be a fiasco getting that back and actually using it.

Same here.  I called and they told me it was an issue with my credit card.  However I did not use a credit card on this order so they suggested trying to place the order again.  Is it normal for the customer service folks not to know about bans?

Does TRU allow a new account with the same mailing address?  same CC?

3 minutes ago, tdw said:

Same here.  I called and they told me it was an issue with my credit card.  However I did not use a credit card on this order so they suggested trying to place the order again.  Is it normal for the customer service folks not to know about bans?

Does TRU allow a new account with the same mailing address?  same CC? YES

The CSRs are clueless about it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tdw said:

Does TRU allow a new account with the same mailing address?  same CC?

new TRU & TARGET ban i.e. one after Nov 2016 seems to be more dreadful than the one in the past. this one actually blocks your address and what not.

long story short, your orders at ebay TRU & Target will be cancelled as well.

18 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

new TRU & TARGET ban i.e. one after Nov 2016 seems to be more dreadful than the one in the past. this one actually blocks your address and what not.

long story short, your orders at ebay TRU & Target will be cancelled as well.

TARGET is also banning for using GC purchased with stolen credit cards (i.e. all the ones on raise etc for sale that end in whole numbers $500, $1k, $2k etc are all purchased with stolen credit cards on the east coast) so buy the ones from end consumers (e.g. $179.61 etc) and not the scammed ones. Nowdays you don't want to do alot of volume on any one account from any retailer. Good news is alot less competition as alot of folks are banned so it is very easy to get a good amount of stock whenever you want. In the past the usual names would scoop everything within minutes.

10 minutes ago, asharerin said:

TARGET is also banning for using GC purchased with stolen credit cards (i.e. all the ones on raise etc for sale that end in whole numbers $500, $1k, $2k etc are all purchased with stolen credit cards on the east coast) so buy the ones from end consumers (e.g. $179.61 etc) and not the scammed ones. Nowdays you don't want to do alot of volume on any one account from any retailer. Good news is alot less competition as alot of folks are banned so it is very easy to get a good amount of stock whenever you want. In the past the usual names would scoop everything within minutes.

there is no guarantee that the one ending in fraction are also any good/better. 

avoid using gift cards if you are in for buying for reselling. its not worth the hassle [ i.e. risk vs the rewards ]

2 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

there is no guarantee that the one ending in fraction are also any good/better. 

avoid using gift cards if you are in for buying for reselling. its not worth the hassle [ i.e. risk vs the rewards ]

Heh. Well I only use gift cards when I'm buying from Kmart. Can beat getting a $100 card for $89-93 and then getting $~8-15 back in SYW points. Never had any problems with Kmarts GCs (besides a $7 refund card being physically mailed to me a month after the order was canceled, and after SYW put 15,000 points in my account for the missing refund lol.)

TRU on the other hand, it was a GC that caused me to quit buying from them for good.

I would usually agree with you, but the Kmart gravy train is so much tastier with some extra savings on the side.

5 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Heh. Well I only use gift cards when I'm buying from Kmart. Can beat getting a $100 card for $89-93 and then getting $~8-15 back in SYW points. Never had any problems with Kmarts GCs (besides a $7 refund card being physically mailed to me a month after the order was canceled, and after SYW put 15,000 points in my account for the missing refund lol.)

TRU on the other hand, it was a GC that caused me to quit buying from them for good.

I would usually agree with you, but the Kmart gravy train is so much tastier with some extra savings on the side.

talk to me about that after you have lost few hundred worth of gift card without any recourse. { as i have mentioned before numerous times, its worth every penny until some hiccups happen. and that simple hiccup will set you down few hundred $. is it worth it? define it yourself and use it at your own risk... } .. i know we all use it at our own risk...

[ smartness is learning from other people's mistake.. not repeating on your own ]

also.. Sears/Kmart as we all know it won't exists in another 12-24 months. its better to make sure that there are no outstanding gift cards around... 

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, newbie77 said:

talk to me about that after you have lost few hundred worth of gift card without any recourse.

Will do. Personally I only buy a GC right before I place an order, and don't hang on to them for long if they have any remainder. I also only buy from Raise, which supposedly has a money back guarantee. Hopefully that somewhat protects protects me.

Sorry to hear that you got burned that badly. 

1 minute ago, MinifigW said:

Will do. Personally I only buy a GC right before I place an order, and don't hang on to them for long if they have any remainder. I also only buy from Raise, which supposedly has a money back guarantee. Hopefully that somewhat protects protects me.

Sorry to hear that you got burned that badly. 

Raise has a guarantee? That's good to know. I generally have stuck to Cardpool. Discovered a Denny's gift card I had used previously (a few months before this) was suddenly zero balance. Called Denny's and was told the card was deactivated due to the fact it was purchased with a stolen credit card. Contacted Cardpool with these details and they quickly refunded me. Cardcash on the other hand...their "30-day guarantee" to me means, "use our cards fast or lose out!"

1 minute ago, minicoopers11 said:

Raise has a guarantee? That's good to know. I generally have stuck to Cardpool. Discovered a Denny's gift card I had used previously (a few months before this) was suddenly zero balance. Called Denny's and was told the card was deactivated due to the fact it was purchased with a stolen credit card. Contacted Cardpool with these details and they quickly refunded me. Cardcash on the other hand...their "30-day guarantee" to me means, "use our cards fast or lose out!"

Yes, they have a 100 day money back guarantee. They are the only GC site I purchase from, the 8% back in SYW points helps too. https://www.raise.com/return-policy

5 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Yes, they have a 100 day money back guarantee. They are the only GC site I purchase from, the 8% back in SYW points helps too. https://www.raise.com/return-policy

It is not only  about getting screwed on the card .. using a gc that has been purchased with a stolen cc will land you in hot water with retailers . 

• Like 1

I got the TRU ban almost a year ago.  CSR's don't know anything about it.  I had to wait for a call back from someone else to confirm what happened.  They are very honest and polite about it and say you are welcome to shop in their physical stores.  Ebay orders were still going through ok until December.  The strange thing is that my wife can still place orders fine under her account with the same address.  Since the big Target crackdown a few years ago, it's been very hit or miss and I still struggle with knowing my buy in will always be 5% higher than everyone else.  I have not heard of anyone being able to use their redcard online again after a ban.

10 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

btw, no offense they are the one who burned me very very badly once upon a time with FAO gift cards. 

7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

It is not only  about getting screwed on the card .. using a gc that has been purchased with a stolen cc will land you in hot water with retailers . 

Well then. I'll try scaling back my GC purchasing. It has been a nice run for sure, but if the risks are as great as what y'all are saying then it's probably not worth the extra savings.

1 minute ago, MinifigW said:

Well then. I'll try scaling back my GC purchasing. It has been a nice run for sure, but if the risks are as great as what y'all are saying then it's probably not worth the extra savings.

It is all about the level of risk u r willing to take . To me it is no worth it . 

2 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I have not heard of anyone being able to use their redcard online again after a ban.

It is doable 

12 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

I'm not sure how much KMart is willing to apply bans (personally haven't heard of any KMart bans) but the above info are just good warnings to keep in mind when buying/using GCs bought from secondary marketplaces such as Raise, Cardpool, CardCash etc. That way, should you ever get banned, you at least knew it could happen and hopefully planned an alternate strategy in advance. That said, with where Sears/KMart are heading, I doubt you'll have to worry about bans in 2018.

• Like 2