My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Cozei said:

Received just the Big Ben architecture Lego set (small one). Was just saying that the "box" was a book wrap style where the cardboard wraps around object as opposed to a cube items are dropped into. Not that important to main issue (missing 2 White House sets).

As I mentioned eBay tracking has all 3 with 1 tracking number and says delivered for all items. The label on the Big Ben package said: 1 of 1 and 1lb as weight.

I was surprised the Big Ben came in a book wrap.  Just message b&n on their ebay site.  They will give you a tracking number for the other 2 sets.  Apparently, they  just entered 1 tracking number in for the entire order.

• Like 1

I rarely post in this thread but two back to back deliveries caused me excitement that I wanted to share. 

FedEx guy arrived with my Assembly Square ordered Jan 1st. 

Canada Post lady arrived with my $260 spare parts order from our good man Thumper! Should complete a load of used sets I've had on the back burner for a few months now! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, waxwing said:

Kmart should change all of their product pics to pictures of smashed up boxes.  Just received yet another destroyed box sent in unprotected plastic.  If you are ordering from Kmart make sure it is something you don't mind giving to your kids.

It's about 40/60 for me, 40% of my orders arrive in plastic, and about half of that is actually really damaged. Nothing a simple phone call or store visit would fix

If I order battlepacks or micro minis from Kmart, I expect them to come smashed.  I don't think customers care too much about box condition for smaller sets so I don't raise a stink with Kmart.  Bigger sets, now that would be a different story.  As far as taking the damage sets back to the store...are there any stores left :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MinifigW said:

It's about 40/60 for me, 40% of my orders arrive in plastic, and about half of that is actually really damaged. Nothing a simple phone call or store visit would fix

I had a couple recently arrive in bags, but that spell where Star Wars Droids and Obi-Wan fighters were discounted w/ points back, etc. I didn't receive a single bag.

• Like 1

If you can swing it, ordering in quantity lessens the chances of you receiving your sets in a bag. Whenever I order battle packs or $20-$30 sets, I order at least 3 at a time. If you order 1 or 2, you're guaranteed a set that looks like it was smashed by the Hulk. Larger sets are less of a worry but I rarely get pristine boxes on anything that I order from Kmart. I'm fairly certain the overeager shipping clerk fist bumps every set upon packing.

• Like 2

**Update**  Well they already got back to me and indeed the 2 sets are each being shipped separately via UPS.  The CS said to expect 2 more packages. Hopefully they arrive in good condition.  These are my first architect sets.

I wasn't sure where to share my story, but now I see I'm in the right place.

I ordered two chairs from Kmart, got like 80+% points back, yesterday morning and one arrived today. Seemed strange, ups guy was already in his truck driving away by the time I got the door. Like he rung and ran. Looked down and there's a split open box from Kmart.

Didn't know what it was at first because I was expecting a Lego set, not a chair I ordered 25 hours ago. Eventually I discovered it was an unassembled chair, but the driver was long gone and I was left wondering where the other was.

I carry on with my day, until I receive an email from Kmart saying my order was delivered. Not, "part" of my order was delivered.So I did some fishing and I found one tracking # for my order, and when I enter it through ups it says "receiver refused package, duplicate order, return to shipper"

Say what?! I didn't refuse anything. Some more fishing and I see clearly that I ordered and paid for 2 chairs, and received email from Kmart saying 2 were delivered: 60lb, but the ups packing slip on the outside says 1 of 1: 30lbs.

So I call ups, "why are you returning my package to the sender?"

Ups:"the sender noticed it was a duplicate order and recalled it. "

Me:"that makes no sense. They sent me an email saying it was delivered. There's no mention of a recall. It's not a duplicate, I ordered two. "

Ups: "they recalled it."

Me:"then why does your website say receiver refused it? I never refused anything."

I also told them the box was open and I feared pieces may be missing, etc. so she put me on hold.

Ups: "the sender marked two boxes with the same tracking number, which is against our rules so the driver is returning the package to Kmart to be processed properly."

Me:"ok, that makes sense, so why does it say I refused the package?"

Ups: "that's the option the driver chose."

Me: "but that's not what happened, I didn't refuse the package. What if Kmart checks the tracking and sees that it says I refused the package. Then they won't send it back to me. I want that chair."

Ups: "tell them to call us and we'll explain the situation."

Me:"why don't you just change the status to say that you are returning the package because the sender improperly tracked it?"

Ups:"I can't do that sir, I can't change what the driver inputted. "

Me:"well that makes no sense. Why did the driver put that in the first place, it's completely untrue?"

Ups: ...I don't know...

Me:" well then can you leave a note that says that I called you to find out what is going on, and make sure that it is explained correctly?"

Ups: no

Me: "so you want me to call Kmart to tell them to call you to find out why my package is being returned to them?"

Ups: yes

Me"but when I first called you, you told me the sender recalled the package because it was a duplicate, which is untrue. Then you found out that the driver said I refused the package, which is untrue. And you expect me to trust who ever answers the phone when they call to tell them the truth?"

Ups: yes

Me:"this is ridiculous!" Click!

I seldom hang up on people. I find it very rude. I hung up on her.

Called Kmart. Explained to some guy who clearly could not understand my excellent English. The situation was too complicated for him. So he put me on hold for over 5 minutes and then transferred me to Sears. The guy there kept telling me how terrible it must've been for me, First guy said the same thing, and said he'd make a case is for me and email it Priority to processing so that they'll be ready when the package is returned to them.

So I guess what happened is the ups driver realized Kmart was trying to save on S&H by taping together two manufacturer boxes, rather than package them in one big shipping box. So he politely ripped them apart and ran off with one. But maybe he trashed it so badly that he tried to cover his tracks with the receiver refusal. I don't know what he was thinking. Maybe he wanted a chair for himself. It all reeks though. b05811e5c41ca5618f9c9f9429496b53.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone get the Barnes & Noble "Your order has failed, did not pass our verification test" e-mails?  I ordered some sets, waited a couple days after getting the shipment confirmation, and then ordered the same sets again.  I got this e-mail back on all 3 orders.  No gift cards or anything fishy used.  I have ordered duplicate stuff on BN many times before.

6 hours ago, cobrakai said:

Anyone get the Barnes & Noble "Your order has failed, did not pass our verification test" e-mails?  I ordered some sets, waited a couple days after getting the shipment confirmation, and then ordered the same sets again.  I got this e-mail back on all 3 orders.  No gift cards or anything fishy used.  I have ordered duplicate stuff on BN many times before.

i got this when i got banned 

1 minute ago, TacoCat said:

This may belong in the LEGO Bans thread, but since it's been reported here, anybody care to share what kind of numbers they were ordering to get the TRU ban hammer??

hundreds 

I received an order from Shop @ Home and was very surprised with what I got. It was a small order, just big enough to get the free batwing polybag and was the 3rd of 4 orders I placed the same day for the poly. It was supposed to contain 5x 40205 (Elf Helpers), 5x Wyldstyle keychains, 2x Disney minifigures and the batwing, but I was missing 2 of the keychains, both of the disney minifigures, the polybag and an invoice (they always include a paper invoice in my shipment). On top of that, all of the Elf Helper boxes came in crushed. The shipping box was mint though and hadn't been tampered with.

Lego customer service was excellent about helping and was in as much disbelief as I was. This is the second order in 3 months that I've had issues with (out of 10) and I don't want to press my luck calling with problems. Anyone had any bad experiences by letting Lego LEGO Shop at Home know that they shipped something wrong? I don't want to get banned for being honest.

16 minutes ago, SageFly said:

I received an order from Shop @ Home and was very surprised with what I got. It was a small order, just big enough to get the free batwing polybag and was the 3rd of 4 orders I placed the same day for the poly. It was supposed to contain 5x 40205 (Elf Helpers), 5x Wyldstyle keychains, 2x Disney minifigures and the batwing, but I was missing 2 of the keychains, both of the disney minifigures, the polybag and an invoice (they always include a paper invoice in my shipment). On top of that, all of the Elf Helper boxes came in crushed. The shipping box was mint though and hadn't been tampered with.

Lego customer service was excellent about helping and was in as much disbelief as I was. This is the second order in 3 months that I've had issues with (out of 10) and I don't want to press my luck calling with problems. Anyone had any bad experiences by letting Lego LEGO Shop at Home know that they shipped something wrong? I don't want to get banned for being honest.

You would never be banned for being honest. They would ban you for seeing so many repeat orders of the same items in a short timespan. That's why most of us are hesitant to call in repeatedly.

52 minutes ago, SageFly said:

there is a limit LEGO Shop at Home applies for the replacement. i am not sure about the exact number but not all request for replacement will be filled. 

once you reach their "magic number" none of the replacement will be done. 

of course you can take the receipt and return in the store but with missing item.. tough luck!

• 2 weeks later...