5002126 - Martian Manhunter

whiteboy02

MM is a founding member of the JLA.  He has been around DC comics for a long, long time. 

This ^^^^  Martian Manhunter is a big deal to comic fans--especially DC ones.  I can see this figure being sought after by such fans even if they don't care a lick about legos as a whole.  I would argue he's as central to the history of the DC universe as some of the more high profile characters (in other words, those that constantly get action figures made of them--I'm looking at you Bats) and so the fact that you can get "something" of him will make him a nice piece to have.

One thing I would definitely recommend if you are looking to invest in Super Heroes is to do some research on the characters and comics themselves if you're not already well versed in this field.  Know the difference between a movie version and a comic book version of a character, and then know the difference between various comic book versions (yellow suited Wolverine vs. brown and tan suited Wolverine, for instance) because some versions are more iconic or come from a specific storyline that now has great significance.  Know the difference between a major character and an over-exposed character (not always the same thing).  Know which heroes/villains go together (example--Captain America and the Falcon were sidekicks for a long time in the comics which is why he's in the new Cap movie.  Everybody likes the Hulk Lab Smash set for Hulk and Taskmaster, but don't overlook Falcon with the new Cap/Red Skull set).  Follow the trends for other Super Hero collectibles (there are lots--statues, action figures, the comics themselves) to see what's big, and pay attention to cartoons and video games as they could hint at what could be on the horizon.

I got mine today from the order I placed back on the 2nd of March.  Happy to just have one.

• Like 2

Guest brickcrazyhouse

picked up 4 MM's since my local target finally had the lex armor back in stock should pair nicely with the flash

It seems to me that maybe it's because they are more obscure than the mainline characters, no? I mean, someone mentioned that the promo Hulk is doing better than Jor-El and that seems fairly logical when you think about how much more mainline the Hulk is. Same applies to TC-14 who looks like a chrome C-3PO vs. Hoth Han who looks like some dude in a parka.

This makes me think that Martian Man Hunter won't live up to the resale hype that the early sellout indicates, because frankly, who is Martian Man Hunter?

Add the fact that my wife said something to the effect of "he looks kinds dumb and ugly" and I was happy to pass and wait for 2x points.

Next time I wanna add a super hero to my collection .. ill be sure to ask your wife for advise ... seems she the expect when it comes to one of the first Justice league characters.

Less than two weeks into the month and Lego already ran out of Martian Manhunters? Hmm, I guess people really did want the minifigure after all.

Maybe not. They wanted Zoos, didn't get them, but tons of MMs instead. The last of mine arrived today, by hearse. :)

I apologize if this isn't the place, but not knowing MM well myself, would you sell one now or later?

I'd want to hold onto Super Heroes sets for a while, but seeing how some promos like Han Solo were once $30+ and now $10, I imagine some should be sold while they're hot (freshly run out and in demand).

Next time I wanna add a super hero to my collection .. ill be sure to ask your wife for advise ... seems she the expect when it comes to one of the first Justice league characters.

Clearly my point was lost on at least a few of you, to the point of insult even...classy.

I'm not sure why I should bother to clarify, but whatever... I was talking about what people buy when it comes time to sell, which is sort of a theme with this site no? What I'm NOT talking about is your personal collection. People buy what they know and what they see. For example, Spider-Man, Batman, The Hulk, etc. I forgot, which recent movie/cartoon/poster/toy isle display was Martain Man Hunter in again? Oh right, he wasn't. Well that must be why my wife, and millions of other Mom's out there have no idea who he is and why my 4 year old knows Spider-Man and Batman, but not the green guy with the blue pants and the cape. Not everyone buying your resold LEGO is a DC Comic fanatic like yourself, it's just a fact and it's what drives me to pass on this chase.

I have posted about Martian Manhunter several times already as have other members explaining who he is.  And here I thought this was the Superheroes forum.  That's what it says near the top.

This is going to end well.

Who is going to buy these polybags? I can't see the casual fan being all that interested in MM, it's not mainstream enough.

Who is going to buy these polybags? I can't see the casual fan being all that interested in MM, it's not mainstream enough.

Yes...that was my point as well.  Hence my rhetorical question about whom he is. 

I would think that selling him sooner rather than later would be the best option because those that know and care who he is won't wait to get him.

• Like 1

Martian Manhunter might not be mainstream now, but that could change if DC gets off thier butt and make Justice League movie. There must be a reason why he was chosen as a promo giveaway. There are many other known Superheroes/ Villans in both Marvel and DC that are popular and don't have any figures. TLG might be setting him up for something further down the line.

Martian Manhunter might not be mainstream now, but that could change if DC gets off thier butt and make Justice League movie. There must be a reason why he was chosen as a promo giveaway. There are many other known Superheroes/ Villans in both Marvel and DC that are popular and don't have any figures. TLG might be setting him up for something further down the line.

You mean this one? http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-2015-character-list/