Lego is the largest toy brand in Target

Jeff Mack

Just got an email from a rep at Target to post the blog article on the amount of Lego in Target.  It's a quick read, but shows that obviously Lego sells pretty well in Target.

They compiled all the data into a cool infographic:

http://www.abullseyeview.com/2014/03/lego-builds-a-home-in-targets-toy-aisle/

Here are a few highlights: 

- LEGO is the largest brand in Target

Let's hope that Target doesn't go under with us exploiting them with all the crazy deals! :P

Or just go under in general.  One of the reasons why I'm stockpiling Lego every day is because I've got a feeling the big box store will be much different ten years from now.  One or two may go under and the others may stop special deals or coupons.  I wouldn't be surprised if the best I could get 10 years from now is 20% off.

This honestly isn't surprising considering how big their aisle for Lego is at mine. Shoot, I find shopping at Target a more pleasant experience than Walmart or anywhere else really. The whole store is just so clean and organized while Walmart feels a bit 'grimy' and unorthodox by comparison, and I can usually always find what I want at Target. In any case with the eventual going under of Kmart and probably Toys R Us in a few years time, only Target and Walmart will be around, and I don't see Walmart getting much better.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I really like how target has a lego isle and then "the other" building toys in another.  segregation is could when it comes to toys

I really like how target has a lego isle and then "the other" building toys in another.  segregation is could when it comes to toys

I appreciate Target doing that as well. Walmart just sticks all the Kre-o and Mega Bloks somewhere in the middle of the aisle on the one side with the rest of their Lego and Duplo selection.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

"segregation is could"???? opps ment good i guess my computer is to PC for that statement 

Love my target. Managers know me and kids by name. I save $ on Legos there but wind up buying a trunkload of other stuff in the process. :-) . Their online in-store pickup return process is a bit quirky and wrong sometiemes. But other than that, they ship fast and the stores are nice.

I hope i can quit the military to be their cheif lego advisor for cool Star Wars sets. Just imagine the perks of being a Red Shirt and not dying on the planet surface.

Love my target. Managers know me and kids by name. I save $ on Legos there but wind up buying a trunkload of other stuff in the process. :-) . Their online in-store pickup return process is a bit quirky and wrong sometiemes. But other than that, they ship fast and the stores are nice.

I hope i can quit the military to be their cheif lego advisor for cool Star Wars sets. Just imagine the perks of being a Red Shirt and not dying on the planet surface.

Plus one for the Original Series reference :)