CUUSOO - "Serenity" kit & instructions available

TheOrcKing

I saw a news post on Brickset the other day telling how Etadyne Industries has available on their website a set of custom instructions by itself ($15) or a custom kit of the "Serenity" spaceship from the TV series "Firefly" that was submitted to CUUSOO and was then rejected by LEGO ($385, plus $11 for shipping & handling). They also offer a set of minifigures to go with the set ($85, including S&H)

Here's the link.

CUUSOO - Firefly "Serenity" kit - Etadyne Industries

The kit is comprised of 2,186 new pieces, which at $385 is about 18 cents a piece.

As far as custom kits go, this is actually a pretty good price considering.

I saw a news post on Brickset the other day telling how Etadyne Industries has available on their website a set of custom instructions by itself ($15) or a custom kit of the "Serenity" spaceship from the TV series "Firefly" that was submitted to CUUSOO and was then rejected by LEGO ($385, plus $11 for shipping & handling). They also offer a set of minifigures to go with the set ($85, including S&H)

Here's the link.

CUUSOO - Firefly "Serenity" spaceship kit - Etadyne Industries

The kit is comprised of 2,186 new pieces, which at $385 is about 18 cents a piece.

As far as custom kits go, this is actually a pretty good price considering.

Thanks for the link. Very cool set. I really look forward to more of these CUUSOO "rejects" being sold on the secondary market.

Thanks for the link. Very cool set. I really look forward to more of these CUUSOO "rejects" being sold on the secondary market.

You're welcome.

I feel like this will become the 'norm' for many of the submitted ideas on CUUSOO.

I'll say this much, If I ever get around to submitting a project for CUUSOO and it gets rejected,

this will be the way I'll go.

Anyone been following Star Citizen? (http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/)

I've been working here and there on a version of the Bengal carrier and thinking of submitting it to CUUSOO. I'm still a ways off, but I think it's coming along nicely.

I hadn't even heard of "Star Citizen" until now.

All I can say is....wow. Just....wow.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and pick up the pair of socks that flew off my feet.

Oh, watch this in full hd and you'll never see those socks again...

The carrier would make a grand CUUSOO...

You're right. I never am going to find those socks again.

Oh well, I needed a new pair anyway. Haha.

And that carrier would make a magnificient design in LEGO.

I'll just need to make sure to take off my socks prior to viewing unless I want to lose yet another pair.