I Love It! Thread

exciter1

9 hours ago, Phil B said:

Dayton, OH here ... 100% totality. This was my second time, after seeing the full eclipse of 2017 near Bowling Green, KY.

Haven't had the time to do proper editing, but here is a timelapse sequence of the last 3 minutes before totality, and a few mins after. Also a shot of the eclipsed sun, but not sure if Tapatalk limitations give the inage enough resolution for you all to zoom in and see the moon obscuring the sun.137118e4969c75bef3d8650723fe4c66.jpg5b938f03bae6ad926b2d5389819eca48.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

We had similar cirrus clouds in Poplar Bluff which I think diminished some of the view of corona. Skies were clearer in 2017 and I seem to remember the corona being larger and more striking. Still an amazing experience. 

It was totality or bust for us…fought traffic both ways to get out to Mount Vernon, IL. The moment that it's safe to remove eclipse glasses, you could actually hear the crowd gasp in amazement (and then the crickets and frogs took over). A truly breathtaking and awe inspiring event, and luckily my second time experiencing it (other was in my backyard in 2017). Didn't bother with photos, as there are folks much more talented than I am in that department. Certainly an experience that makes you ponder your place in the universe (I love the description of feeling "paper thin and whole at the same time", which perfectly encapsulates it!)

• Like 3

Here's a collage I just did.  My photoshop skills are a bit rusty.  The corona is actually more pronounced in my picture than I remember.  I over exposed a bit as the bright red prominence that I so remember seeing projecting out from the bottom of the sun (looked like a little campfire) is unfortunately washed out.  

Eclipse 2024 .jpg

• Like 6