6862 - Superman Vs Power Armor Lex

exciter1

I have 4 of these and this has been one of my favorite super hero sets. Great pricepoint for 2 awesome mini figs (and lex).

I'd like to have 10 of them but am finding it hard to locate this set at a decent price point.

Anyone have a good place to pick up about 6 more?

Yes - Frys still has them for 17.99 I believe on their website. Ordered from there a couple weeks ago and they are really good shipping, customer service wise, etc.

This is a piece of junk. I see this on sale all the time at about 17.99USD, not wasting my money on this when other sets can be had.

not even surprised anymore.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I walked into Walmart today and they had the 6862 on the shelf for $15.00.  They had two but one was badly damaged so I bought one. I then walked down to TRU and see that they have 3 on the shelf for $27.99 and they list them for $19.99 online.

Would TRU price match my walmart receipt? Or does it have to be an ad or online?

What's everyone's thoughts on this set?

I feel like it will go up in value in no time. Only set with these three figures in these costumes, two of the three appear in The Lego Movie. I also hav a feeling if they release these characters again it will be in there new 52 look that DC has pushed on everyone. I feel like at the $11 at Walmart and $7.50 to $15 at Meijer it's a no brainer.

some updates since i last posted. 

Wonder-woman is confirmed for Man of Unsteel 2 along with 'Mark Zuckerberg' and Ben-Bat.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-batman-vs-superman-1200918310/

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20782047,00.html

all 3 minifigs in this set will be in the film

With the recent wave of lego retirements, i think retailers who restocked this set are on their last batch. i do anticipate it to be retired very soon.   i think this set is also still around due to Supes and W-Woman playing a role in The Lego movie.

My April 2015 price targets are now different as the movie appears to have been pushed back to May 2016.  I now plan to hold onto this set for nearly 2 years after retirement.  Hopefully, that means a 1Q 2016 sale (Jan to March).  At least a $100 isn't far-fetched- the key is to unload the set  before the MOS 2 sets appear.

• Like 3

MOS 2 will definitely feature different costumes for Superman and Wonder Woman. I know some people see the MOS Superman and classic Superman as pretty much the same minifigure, but collectors will see it differently.  I think this set is solid winner and will be picking up more any time I see them in the $10-14 price range. 

At least a $100 isn't far-fetched- the key is to unload the set  before the MOS 2 sets appear.

100 would be awesome but even a 60-80 sale price is still nothing to sneeze at, ESPECIALLY if you were lucky enough to catch the last couple of Target sales (I've picked up 60 all well below 15 bucks :D  ). 100% agree that these should be off'd before the MOS2 wave appears on store shelves. 

MOS 2 will definitely feature different costumes for Superman and Wonder Woman. I know some people see the MOS Superman and classic Superman as pretty much the same minifigure, but collectors will see it differently.  I think this set is solid winner and will be picking up more any time I see them in the $10-14 price range. 

i asked around.  many like the classic costume better. 

This is a piece of junk. I see this on sale all the time at about 17.99USD, not wasting my money on this when other sets can be had.

Oh really? There are other lego sets? Are they making more than one at a time now?

But seriously, to quote Flight of the Conchords, "Be more constructive with your feedback." What sets are more profitable? Why does it matter that you see it at 17.98 all the time? Wolverine's Chopper has tripled in value and I used to see it at 17.99 all the time. To say that you can find a set which is not yet EOL at 10% less than msrp can be said of what? 90 - 95% of all sets? How is that relevant? The point of a forum isn't to give an opportunity for someone to say, "you guys are wrong/dumb. Me smart." If you think the prevailing wisdom is wrong, make an actual argument. 

• Like 3

Oh really? There are other lego sets? Are they making more than one at a time now?

But seriously, to quote Flight of the Conchords, "Be more constructive with your feedback." What sets are more profitable? Why does it matter that you see it at 17.98 all the time? Wolverine's Chopper has tripled in value and I used to see it at 17.99 all the time. To say that you can find a set which is not yet EOL at 10% less than msrp can be said of what? 90 - 95% of all sets? How is that relevant? The point of a forum isn't to give an opportunity for someone to say, "you guys are wrong/dumb. Me smart." If you think the prevailing wisdom is wrong, make an actual argument. 

No worries, this guy was banned for these types of habitual comments.