5002123 - Darth Revan

Mos_Eisley

Place your bets!  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Wars key chain will be the first to disappear on September 30, 2016?

• Darth Maul
    • Darth Vader
    • Princess Leia (Hoth Outfit)
    • Boba Fett
    • Yoda
    • Chewbacca
    • Wicket
    • R2-D2
    • C-3PO
    • Finn
    • Rey
    • BB-8
    • Poe Dameron

Guest TabbyBoy

Interesting. Any educated guesses as to the secondary market value of this? I predict an initial price point of $20-$25, then upwards. Pretty great fig, and I`m not even a SW fan, that`s saying something :D

I'm thinking

I disagree, I think TC-4 will climb to 15-25 within a year as it still has remained very exclusive only being available in honk kong and uk toysrus for a short period of time. I also see the MM climbing to do as well as the hulk mini fig. Jor-el should have been produced in a different colour suit akin to the movie, superman wears blue. The average price of the stig has doubled since being released nearly a year go. But yes, if you can get one of the 1st listings you may get a few more bob.

If they stick to the rule of Star Wars purchases it's hard to imagine paying msrp for most of these sets to make getting the figure cost effective unless it there are sets discounted as others have optimistically mentioned.  This may be a figure I end up buying on the aftermarket.  That would be a first.  

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

Of all the characters in the SW universe, they pick this obscure one? Why ???? Ugh.

I agree, hardly anyone has heard of it including me.  I think only original trilogy characters are worth investing in.  I have no time for computer games, crap prequels and cartoon sequels.  The classic/timeless original or nothing for me.  I WILL NOT be buying a SW set during this promotion.

I agree, hardly anyone has heard of it including me.  I think only original trilogy characters are worth investing in.  I have no time for computer games, crap prequels and cartoon sequels.  The classic/timeless original or nothing for me.  I WILL NOT be buying a SW set during this promotion.

Well, this is a first after lurking on the forums. The popularity of this character is based on the fact that the story of the KoToR games are actually on par with the OT, I would say they are even better. They are more mature and aimed at an adult fan base, too bad the 2nd installment was released in a crippled state (fans had to finish it) due to LucasArts's push which eventually killed off the series.

So my verdict is that this figure shouldn't be put in the same category as lame prequels, cartoons and obscure comics. This game has actually a huge fan base with pleasant memories. I understand your prejudice against non-OT SW  material as they are really silly most of the  times, but I would advise you to make an exception and try this game if you can spare some time, you will be surprised how good the immersion is and how well the characters are written. 

I will just include a video about my favorite character (though this is a dialogue from KoToR 2, but he is the same in the first game). He is the proof that droids can actually be made hilarious without being annoying (I am talking about you C3-PO and R2...):

• Like 4

I disagree, I think TC-4 will climb to 15-25 within a year as it still has remained very exclusive only being available in honk kong and uk toysrus for a short period of time. I also see the MM climbing to do as well as the hulk mini fig. Jor-el should have been produced in a different colour suit akin to the movie, superman wears blue. The average price of the stig has doubled since being released nearly a year go. But yes, if you can get one of the 1st listings you may get a few more bob.

I agree, the Poly bags exclusives will do fine (and some will do great). They have always had that initial 20-25 price, then would drop $5 or so temporarily, then rise again from there.

The newer polys have probably been $5 less on avg, than the historical norm - due to the greater number of re-sellers (unless you believe there are not more sellers nowadays - and that the earth is flat), but other than that - they still seem to be performing much as they have. 

Even the White Boba's, etc went through the same thing - I remember there was one reseller at the time that must have had many many hundreds of them, and every time the stock was drying up and the prices were looking to increase - he would dump another case of them at $20 or so. He finally finished selling, and look at the prices now.

It might take a while longer for the sellers to dry up - but as long as LEGO remains popular, I see no reason at all that future valuations will change from the norm.

Is it normal for Lego to discount UCS sets more than a year old while the promo is on? I want an R2!

Don't count on it. I don't think you will see a UCS R2-D2 for 50% like the B-Wings from last year. That was a rare situation. You will see some discounts on lesser Star Wars set though most likely.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

To all the Darth Revan naysayers,

He only has 1 Star Wars figure ever and it is extremely popular. It currently sells for $100+ on Amazon on a regular basis and between $50-$90 on ebay based on condition, timing, etc. This is, basically, the most expensive non-variant/error single carded figure in the entirety of the almost 20 year run of figures.

• Like 1

To all the Darth Revan naysayers,

He only has 1 Star Wars figure ever and it is extremely popular. It currently sells for $100+ on Amazon on a regular basis and between $50-$90 on ebay based on condition, timing, etc. This is, basically, the most expensive non-variant/error single carded figure in the entirety of the almost 20 year run of figures.

I definately agree even when that figure was available for general release in 2007-2008 it was impossible to find in stores.  I hunted for SW figures a few years ago and to put things in perspective I think your chances of finding a Cloud Cuckoo Palace in stores now is much easier than finding a Darth Revan figure in stores back in 2007-2008. 

Sorry to spoil your ''fun'' but Darth Revan can pretty much be considered the best SW figure if you go into expanded SW universe.....

You basically PLAY that figure in 1 game, and anyone who played SW MMORPG and RPGs knows and kinda likes him.....

It is definetly 100x cooler and better looking than Hoth Solo figure.... and he is OT....

If they stick to the rule of Star Wars purchases it's hard to imagine paying msrp for most of these sets to make getting the figure cost effective unless it there are sets discounted as others have optimistically mentioned.  This may be a figure I end up buying on the aftermarket.  That would be a first.  

The only set I could think of buying for retail for this would be r2-d2, but even then I am not paying $180 to just obtain a mini fig. Hopefully a good exclusive will be 10% off or more to make it worthwhile.

PROS:

1) It's a very nice looking figure.

2) It's an action figure.  It's not a mamby pamby droid, a diplomat or something like that.  It's a legit Sith and any Star Wars fan would want it just to put in their Jedi/Sith lineup.

3) It's a popular Expanded Universe character. One of the most popular.  

4) It's exclusive for three days.

5) It's obscure enough of a character that they might only make one.  The new movies are going in the future timeline direction...so most of that Pre-prequel stuff should fall into the backwaters of Star Wars lore and desirability.

CONS:

1) It's pre-prequel.  With the new movies going in the future timeline direction...most of the Pre-prequel stuff should fall into the backwaters of Star Wars lore and desirability.

2) You have to buy 75.00 worth of Star Wars. With the current LEGO offerings.. IMO, 75.00 is a hard price point to nail on the head.  You're either going to go R2D2/Sandcrawler/Village/Barge/Palace and overpay....or you're going to have to stock up on a bunch of ticky-tack sets that IMO, aren't very desirable right now.  Even most of the sets that are in the 45.00/75.00 range that are on the verge of retiring/sold out aren't very good.  Y-Wing?, Vizla's Fighter?,Gungan Sub?.....even Rancor Pit (with all the discounts we've seen)....I'd feel dirty if I bought that at full price and had it sit there for a couple of years.  There is a tough "Path to Revan" for those of us who just want to get the figure and not spend a lot of money. 

3) It's not a Grand Admiral Thrawn LEGO.  That's the mini-fig I'd want! 

Nice figure....nice obscure character.....rather see a lower buying stipulation price, a higher stipulation price or 75.00 worth of ANY LEGO.