6869 - Quinjet Aerial Battle

Doofy McGee

Just picked up 12 of Quinjet Aerial Battle 6869 for $25 each.

Can't beat the $25 from 69.99. They were on Clearance from $49.99 to $25.

Only time will tell if the investment pays off.

This was at the Walmart in Spring, TX

I've been to like 8 walmarts and haven't see a clearance quintet yet. I've scanned them at every store. One Walmart had 6868 for $30 and another for $15. It's localized clearance rather than corporate. I noticed that were both at walmarts with very small toy sections. They weren't tagged as cleanse either. Just on the normal shelf marked with the price $15/$30 on a yellow and white tag.

Definitely a regional thing at that price. All the Quinjets at my stores sold when they went to 49, and they are still selling the Hulks Breakout set at full MSRP. Also there was only 1 LOTR Weathertop left, and it was full price. I don't think the Weathertops will ever see the light of day on clearance here. They sell too well as it is for toy managers to bother putting them on clearance.

Definitely a regional thing at that price. All the Quinjets at my stores sold when they went to 49, and they are still selling the Hulks Breakout set at full MSRP. Also there was only 1 LOTR Weathertop left, and it was full price. I don't think the Weathertops will ever see the light of day on clearance here. They sell too well as it is for toy managers to bother putting them on clearance.

Well, let the Walmart I went to serve as a counter example.

I found five boxes of Attack on Weathertop for $20.00 a box and cleaned them out.

They also have an entire shelf full of Quinjets and Hulk's Breakouts with clearance stickers on them, but the stickers were the full retail price.

Go figure.

They don't seem to know what to do with some of the Avengers sets at the moment. A Walmart near me had Hulk's breakout in clearance - $45 down from $49. Then the next time I went, they were back at full price in the toy aisle as part of an Iron Man 3 display, haha. I have seen the Quinjet at $49, and even got two at $35, at different Walmarts. So certainly possible.