6869 - Quinjet Aerial Battle

Doofy McGee

I think what all this talk has taught us over all these sale threads is that no two Walmarts should ever be expected to maintain consistent pricing. Therefore it's pretty much necessary to stake out and search every location you haven't checked that you can reach. The MF clearance appeared to be national, but everything else has been YMMV. It sucks making a trip to the store only to find out your location isn't clearancing a single thing while some other guy gets a 50 dollar Helms Deep, but I've actually kind of grown to enjoy the surprise and unpredictability of it.

I found 10 of these at a Walmart near me about 2 months ago and grabbed them at $25. One of the boxes was opened, but complete, so I got it in hopes of selling the minifigures. I sold those individually, but the prices of those have dropped significantly. Black widow is now around 15 and iron man around the same, so it is still a good deal since you get a 700+ piece set essentially for free after selling the minifigures, but this set seems to be a huge dud other than the figures. They never seem to move from stores near retail and normally sets sell for close to retail on eBay before they go EOL but this set sells for way under 50 right now regularly. I wonder if this set would retain its value if you happened to see the iron man figure and black widow figure pop up in another set.

I found 10 of these at a Walmart near me about 2 months ago and grabbed them at $25. One of the boxes was opened, but complete, so I got it in hopes of selling the minifigures. I sold those individually, but the prices of those have dropped significantly. Black widow is now around 15 and iron man around the same, so it is still a good deal since you get a 700+ piece set essentially for free after selling the minifigures, but this set seems to be a huge dud other than the figures. They never seem to move from stores near retail and normally sets sell for close to retail on eBay before they go EOL but this set sells for way under 50 right now regularly. I wonder if this set would retain its value if you happened to see the iron man figure and black widow figure pop up in another set.

Maybe we should make a false story about David Beckham building one? That's what happened with the Taj Mahal, and it doubled in value nearly overnight.

Just picked up 12 of Quinjet Aerial Battle 6869 for $25 each.

Can't beat the $25 from 69.99. They were on Clearance from $49.99 to $25.

Only time will tell if the investment pays off.

This was at the Walmart in Spring, TX

Is that the walmart right off the freeway? I'm surprised if so, most bigger stores like that get picked over thoroughly. nice find though...

Quintet is 55 at Walpole ma walmart and there are 30 of them. They had 20 of the hulk sets for 50. Only monster fighter was the mummy marked at 20. Scanned them all to make sure and they were correct. Very disappointed. Left with nothing. My 4 year old really wants the jet....just can't pay double what others are paying without feeling dumb.

I think what all this talk has taught us over all these sale threads is that no two Walmarts should ever be expected to maintain consistent pricing. Therefore it's pretty much necessary to stake out and search every location you haven't checked that you can reach.

No doubt. I was totally happy when I went to a Walmart about 10 miles from my work last week and found three Ghost Trains for $54. Then yesterday I went to the Walmart near where I used to live, a shop that I'd never visited since I started my brickfolio, and found a Ghost Train for $40! And to top it off, I just got back from the local Walmart where I found a Quinjet for $30!!!

I have pretty much accepted that I am making a stop anytime I am in the vicinity of a Walmart. You just never know what you're going to find . . .

I've been to lots of walmarts in the last month. Probably over 10, I've pretty much lost count. Both Hulk and quintet sets were full price at almost every store. However I I'd find Hulk breakout for $15 at one store, $30 at another bought all they had (5 at each store). Also found 3 quinjets for $40 at another Walmart last week. First time I've seen it marked down.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to lots of walmarts in the last month. Probably over 10, I've pretty much lost count.Both Hulk and quintet sets were full price at almost every store.However I I'd find Hulk breakout for $15 at one store, $30 at another bought all they had (5 at each store).Also found 3 quinjets for $40 at another Walmart last week. First time I've seen it marked down.

I bought two of these a couple weeks ago at Walmart for $40 which was a price I hadn't seen people posting.

Noticed the Walmart across town had about 30 copies of this set on an endcap in the back of the toy second. All full retail... I'll be checking back on those soon...

• 1 month later...

In my area, there's only 1 set that I can count on seeing in the clearance isle and it's the Quinjet for $49.00. At first I was excited and bought 2 (like 4 weeks ago). Now they are everywhere and I cnt bring myself to buy anymore despite it being an under rated set (really a fun build + Thor + black widow). If they drop to 35 or under I'd grab them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

Some of us have this as a Gold Box deal today. 28% off is nice. However, it might be topped by Target if found on clearance. Then again, finding it at Most Targets for 30% off "can" be impossible for most. By the way, Amazon's lowest price ever on this set was $52.42 on March 12, 2013.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/LEGO-Quinjet-Aerial-Battle-6869/product/B007GE5X78?context=browse

Your Walmart is a local sale, an outlier since store prices accordingly to region and other factors. However, your feedback is good for freq Target Lego sharks (I'm one of them each Nov, Jan, and July). Ha.

This post is for the general public who like to buy using the Internet. Walmart online is close though with $53.19. Target is $55 (before the RedCard)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-Quinjet-Aerial-Battle-Play-Set/20552240 (please add click-thru)

http://www.target.com/p/lego-super-heroes-quinjet-aerial-battle-6869/-/A-14032866

Your Walmart is a local sale, an outlier. However, it is good for freq Target Lego sharks (I'm one of them each Nov, Jan, and July). Ha.

This post is for the general public who like to buy using the Internet. Walmart online is close though with $53.19. Target is $55 (before the RedCard)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-Quinjet-Aerial-Battle-Play-Set/20552240 (please add click-thru)

http://www.target.com/p/lego-super-heroes-quinjet-aerial-battle-6869/-/A-14032866

Actually it doesn't seem it has been - there have been several others that have posted here that they were clearanced sitting on shelves. If people check their walmart and they aren't there then by all means, just offering these have been widely available for very cheap.

Lots of people has found it at $49 at walmarts since may. In my area they are all still $69 and one Walmart has over 30 of them on their shelves. Saw some 30% off at a target the next town over last night. I actually got 3 of them for $40 each when I was visiting my family in Michigan. Lowest price I've see or hear on this set. I have got to believe you'll see it at $25 or so.

Your Walmart is a local sale, an outlier since store prices accordingly to region and other factors. However, your feedback is good for freq Target Lego sharks (I'm one of them each Nov, Jan, and July). Ha.

I would wait on these. I went to another two Targets today and they all had these for $48.  I'm wondering about their potential in general because they are just sitting there with a 30+% discount.

Good lord thats rough. If a few of mine make it real low Ill PM you and transfer you one with no commission. I have a feeling there will be like 20 of them. Lol

I have my fingers crossed this Friday at Target will be a good day indeed. :ahappy:

Either way, thanks for being so quick to offer.