75055 - Imperial Star Destroyer

Piece_Out_Studios

15 minutes ago, freakchem said:

It is sold at US SAH.  

I am afraid that there will be another ISD related to TFA movie releasing next year, which will make little room to sell this one.

same scenario didn't stop me from selling double digit MF 7965's for $250 first and second quarter 2015.  

this set will get to $250 in no time at all as well once stock dries up and the hype explodes in 37 days 5 hours 57 minutes and 46 seconds...  

http://www.howmanydaysuntilstarwars.com/

it's all about timing and their ain't gonna be no new ISD when kids are klamorin' for an isD Dec 2015 and first Q 2016.  

c'mon hoarde- 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

The 7965 is now hovering anywhere from 180 to 220.  It's about 20 below the peak it hit back in the summer, and even the 9493 x-wings have seemed to have started to decline from their peak just over 150.. 

The bigger difference between then and now is that the amount of hoarding going on today is probably double what it was a year ago, and it's to the point where if you have a limited window to flip then you are more than likely going to have a lot more competition to do so during that limited time period.   I also am in agreement with Freakchem that this one will see a new update either for the summer wave of 2016, or for the Force Friday even next September for Rogue One (i'm guessing it will go like that).  So I think prices will shoot up to maybe a bit over 200 and that's if the stock diminishes within the next few months, but I doubt it hits falcon prices.  Vader is currently available in the jedi duel, so the OT minifigs in this set are perhaps the only thing that might sell this set, and there's just not a lot of extra added incentive, if the ship is similar down the line.  At one point last month, I was all in on this set, but lately, i've stepped back, because I have this feeling it won't turn out like I hope.  Already it has over a few hundred resellers and seems to be increasing in numbers daily.  I bet we see over 200 resellers by years end… and then lots of scrapping for the buy box, and lots of scrapping for the low end, and i'm not so sure it will provide glorious returns unless you bought in at 80 to 90… and I've played that game for a while, and it wasn't easy collecting a bunch of them at that price.

• Like 2

There will be a TFA remake of some sorts, otherwise why discontinue it so soon? In any case, with a buy-in of 50% off I am not going to sit on these for long. There is probably a 6-9 month window as with 7965 to do good business. It will definitely be well hoarded but nowhere near as much as 7965 or 9493 because it has only been out for half the time.

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

There will be a TFA remake of some sorts, otherwise why discontinue it so soon? In any case, with a buy-in of 50% off I am not going to sit on these for long. There is probably a 6-9 month window as with 7965 to do good business. It will definitely be well hoarded but nowhere near as much as 7965 or 9493 because it has only been out for half the time.

You're one lucky son-of-a ... for getting this at 50% off! The Dutch MSRP is €139,99 and the cheapest I could now get it is from Amazon DE for ~ €105. 

So far I only have one MISB in my collection, but if I could get one below €99 I would certainly go for it and get more.

Edited by Haay

13 minutes ago, Chillreign said:

So the Toys'r'Us offer here in Germany is still going, you can get them there (locally, not online) for 90,00€.

Good buy-in? Where do you think this thing is going?

For €90 I wouldn't hesitate and get at least 2 in your inventory.

Too bad Toys'R'Us in The Netherlands doesn't have it on sale. And after checking just now, they don't even have it on offer at all. Period.

RRP was 119 Euros and in late August I sold some for 239 Euros - now it's down to 170 Euro and falling. I think that's a prime example of how much damage a reissue can do valuewise. Growth of less than 50 % from RRP with 119 Euros of tied up capital for more than a year is not what I would call a "winner".

Edited by TigerG

11 minutes ago, TigerG said:

RRP was 119 Euros and in late August I sold some for 239 Euros - now it's down to 170 Euro and falling. I think that's a prime example of how much damage a reissue can do valuewise. Growth of less than 50 % from RRP with 119 Euros of tied up capital for more than a year is not what I would call a "winner".

Certainly not... but I expected far worse. Like fall back to RRP or below.

• Like 1

For everyone who is saying that it is an absolute certainty that the release of a new ISD is imminent, you should remember that there was no way in hell that TLG would ever retire the Haunted House before Halloween last year and that it was absolutely unthinkable that TLG would retire the SSD before the new SW movie came out.  Point is...be careful of following conventional wisdow, it's often wrong.  This is not a set I would pass on (and I haven't).

• Like 3