3 New Harry Potter "Megamovies" Announced

Sauromosis

I need to watch these sometime.  I have them all on Blu-Ray, but never watched them yet.  I'm debating on waiting until my son is old enough.

Yup, me too.  I only remember bits of the first one...at least prices are much cheaper now.  Thank goodness I don't collect movies, studios repackage movies so often...regular, widescreen, extended, anniversary sets etc etc.  If you're a fan of LOTR or Superheores too, there's so many sets you can have.  I plan to buy just ONE set of HP on sale eventually.  At least the HD vs BR war is over haha. 

Darth Maul and Liam Neeson character fight was cool.

*guess younger people now don't even know what VHS are lol.  DVD's are still around... 

I need to watch these sometime.  I have them all on Blu-Ray, but never watched them yet.  I'm debating on waiting until my son is old enough.

Don't do it. You have to read the books to get the real HP experience. The movies don't come close to doing it justice.

• Like 1

The books and movies were both great IMO.  I really didn't get into Harry Potter until the third movie came out though.  I think it's time to revisit my blu-rays.

I would say the movies were good, the books were some of the most entertaining fiction I have ever read. I remember especially being disappointed with Goblet of Fire as that was the best book IMO and the movie was a huge letdown.

• 1 year later...

That's great news!!  I was to late into lego collecting to get all of the Harry Potter sets, but was able to get all of the last series x2, all of the castles and  my favorite hungarian  horn tail,  MISB!! :)  Will get all of the Harry Potter sets X2 this next go around as well.  Love to watch the movies with my boys around Christmas 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The bet way to experience HP is to listen to the audio books, it is a grand experience!

Agreed.  The movies were 'meh' for me, but I've listened to every book at least 20 times.  That's not an exaggeration.  Literally, at least 20 times each.  My favorite series of all time.

Edited by Loghamel
typo

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Loghamel said:

What's a bit puzzling is that they're turning a 34 page book into a trilogy.  That's roughly 11 pages per movie.  

Nowadays they actually produce movies out of ZERO pages of story and still earn hundreds of millions with them at the box office, so 11 pages does not even sound half bad.

As for me, I don't care. I've never read a Potter book and I've never seen a Potter movie and have no intention to change either. Anyway, I made money off selling LEGO Harry Potter stuff, good enough for me.

36 minutes ago, rfish said:

Nowadays they actually produce movies out of ZERO pages of story and still earn hundreds of millions with them at the box office, so 11 pages does not even sound half bad.

As for me, I don't care. I've never read a Potter book and I've never seen a Potter movie and have no intention to change either. Anyway, I made money off selling LEGO Harry Potter stuff, good enough for me.

I'm not disagreeing, but I'm kind of confused.   What movie do you know of that was an adaptation of a book that had 'ZERO' pages of story?  Isn't that the definition of an adaptation;  a movie adapted from a story with more than 'ZERO' pages?  Possibly you're referring to an "original screenplay" which has ZERO bearing or relevance to this topic or my post?

5 hours ago, Loghamel said:

I'm not disagreeing, but I'm kind of confused.   What movie do you know of that was an adaptation of a book that had 'ZERO' pages of story?  Isn't that the definition of an adaptation;  a movie adapted from a story with more than 'ZERO' pages?  Possibly you're referring to an "original screenplay" which has ZERO bearing or relevance to this topic or my post?

By reading your above statment that you find it puzzling "...that they're turning a 34 page book into a trilogy.  That's roughly 11 pages per movie." I was thinking you cannot imagine how that should work. Obviously that was not what you were talking about.