4000010 - LEGO House

TheOrcKing

I know; not the most creative title in history but that really is what this very limited set only available in Billund is titled. Here is a Brickset review done on it. What is interesting is the actual structure in real life has not been built yet making this a sort of 'preview' model. To add, this is the first Architecture set to include a minifigure....but I'm sure you already figured that out. ;)

0010-1.jpg

13218439763_f5e63535c0_o.jpg

13218638004_56b24c4304_o.jpg

13218460733_81dcb74065_o.jpg

13218310505_47e3c9d491_o.jpg

To add, this is the first Architecture set to include a minifigure.

This set is not part of the Architecture series, at least that is what I keep telling myself so I don't have to add it to my collection at the current price. Prices are high on ebay and Bricklink has it for $78 but I cant see paying that much for a set I can build for less then $10 with the exception of 2 parts, the name plate and the minifig body. It is part of the more exclusive 40000 line and it would be nice to have MISB if anyone is shipping.

So a Lego house based on a larger Lego house that hasn't been built yet?...my head hurts...

No. Probably the blueprint for the larger house. They model the large version after 4000010. My only question now is: can I get the real-life bricks via Bricklink to build my own life-size lego house?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Does anyone know about the availability.

I'm tempted to drive to Billund, can I just go there and pick up some?

Why not just phone them?  If you never call, you'll never know. ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where these sets are actually sold?  If I have a potential contact in Denmark, does anyone know where I direct them to purchase this set?  Is it Lego stores only in Billund, or a specific store/location in Billund?  

• 3 months later...

I bought 10 of these at an athletic goods store right across from the Lego House construction site. Should have bought more...forgot Emirates has a total weight checked baggage policy, not a number of bags policy. The cashier was encouraging us to buy more, "Are you sure you don't want more? This set is very popular for resellers!"

If you're non-EU citizen, don't buy at the supermarket. Buy somewhere that will support VAT refund.

Does anyone know where these sets are actually sold?  If I have a potential contact in Denmark, does anyone know where I direct them to purchase this set?  Is it Lego stores only in Billund, or a specific store/location in Billund?  

Everywhere [in Billund] except Lego and Legoland stores. Best bet are stores in the immediate vicinity of the Lego House site.

Yeah I thought it was pretty expensive for a set this size so I just bought the one. They had 3 or 4 on the shelves. But nice to own a fairly rare set and who knows what they will be worth.

Right, well only in Billund anyway.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

Yeah I thought it was pretty expensive for a set this size so I just bought the one. They had 3 or 4 on the shelves. But nice to own a fairly rare set and who knows what they will be worth.

Right, well only in Billund anyway.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

No kidding. I would have definitely grabbed one, given the same situation.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm due to go to Copenhagen soon so I may just hire a car and see what I can pick up.  I'm done with buying "normal" sets now but, still up for a quick flip.