Galadriel Set for LOTR

Does anyone think that there will ultimately be a Galadriel set for Lego LOTR? Maybe one with her and the mirror with a Frodo (with alternate shocked face version)? She's my favorite female in the series. Cate Blanchett will then be the second Oscar-nominated actress to have to minifigures in her likeness (the other the villain from IJ: Crystal Skull). Of course Helena Bonham Carter has minifigs of her likeness as Bellatrix and Red Harrington.

My bet is that LOTR will be back. I think lego took a break from it due to all the other new sets. Especially with them focusing on the lego movie sets in the beginning of the year. If we are patient I have no doubt we will get more LOTR sets.

Agree, no way LEGO abandons the line before making sets with those characters (Faramir, Galadriel, Eowyn, Nazgul/Witch King). In a perfect world, there would be a Fields of Pelennor set with both the Nazgul and an Oliphaunt (brick-built), with Witch King, Eowyn, Merry, Theoden, Eomer, and Southrons plus the orc captain. Also a Minas Tirith gates set with Grond, Faramir, knights of Gondor, and orcs. And then an Orthanc-like set of Minas Tirith with the white tower and some working trebuchets. Please, LEGO, please!

Agree, no way LEGO abandons the line before making sets with those characters (Faramir, Galadriel, Eowyn, Nazgul/Witch King). In a perfect world, there would be a Fields of Pelennor set with both the Nazgul and an Oliphaunt (brick-built), with Witch King, Eowyn, Merry, Theoden, Eomer, and Southrons plus the orc captain. Also a Minas Tirith gates set with Grond, Faramir, knights of Gondor, and orcs. And then an Orthanc-like set of Minas Tirith with the white tower and some working trebuchets. Please, LEGO, please!

Maybe they just want you to buy the new Chima Mammoth sets as the base for your Olipahunt MOCs ;)

70145-LEGO-Chima-Mammoth-Tribe-Set-Maula

I think LOTR set are victim of the shelf space in store... There's so much theme from Lego at this time... Chima, Heroes, LOTR, City, Duplo, Technic, Star Wars, TMNT, etc... I live in Canada and at my Toys R Us, they don't even have half of the set available on the Lego web store... It's just an observation, maybe I'm wrong, but for LOTR, I'm also disappointed about the lack of new sets...

It is only April.  There could still be new LotR sets that come out this year that haven't been announced yet.  That stuff happens.  I agree with the consensus that there are still far too many characters that need to be made.  Lego has to know that.  Besides, I think LotR has always been a great seller for Lego.  I can't imagine they would just let such a popular franchise drop off the face of the earth while it still has demand and tons of untapped potential.

While I must say I am deeply disappointed by LEGO LOTR releases (overall) I do think if it ends with wave 2 all sets will perform quite outstanding....

I still want third wave with Gondor stuff though..... 

Hoping on getting a last 6 set wave or something close, that covers Balrog, Witch King, Gondor soldiers/rangers, Faramir, Eowyn and a nice Gondor vs Orc battle pack... preferably even Olifont......

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Outside of the misspelling of Dain's name, the set descriptions are all plausible given what occured in the first 2 films and the things we know happen next in the story. However, I'm skeptical of descriptions for new LOTR and Hobbit sets until they start coming from more than one source. The list of what fans want from these themes is endless and they will no doubt be left disappointed when this license runs out. There are so many amazing MOCs and a lot of discussions about what sets and minifigures fans want. Remember this one?

http://animatostudios.blogspot.com/2014/03/more-lego-lord-of-rings-rumors.html

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the books, movies and the sets, I'm just trying to keep myself from being disappointed. Like the Harry Potter theme though, I don't think LEGO will continue with these themes for very long after the last film comes out. 

Outside of the misspelling of Dain's name, the set descriptions are all plausible given what occured in the first 2 films and the things we know happen next in the story. However, I'm skeptical of descriptions for new LOTR and Hobbit sets until they start coming from more than one source. The list of what fans want from these themes is endless and they will no doubt be left disappointed when this license runs out. There are so many amazing MOCs and a lot of discussions about what sets and minifigures fans want. Remember this one?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the books, movies and the sets, I'm just trying to keep myself from being disappointed. Like the Harry Potter theme though, I don't think LEGO will continue with these themes for very long after the last film comes out. 

Pretty sure these sets have been seen.  They were at a show in 2013 and then were pretty much hidden since then.  I think there is a review from Huw from Brickset(or admin from another site, can't remember 100%) about seeing these and said these characters were in the set.  Though Witch King is not as you see him in LotR, but ghostly as you see him in DoS, from what I remember.  It's been some time since I've read much about these sets but I'm sure we will see something at SDCC at the end of the month, if not some teaser before that. 

This is the dead horse I won't stop beating, but I really hope we see something from LotR in '15.  Anything, even if it's a single D2C from Minas Tirith to give us some needed figures to put a bow on the series and wrap it up.

• Like 2

Pretty sure these sets have been seen.  They were at a show in 2013 and then were pretty much hidden since then.  I think there is a review from Huw from Brickset(or admin from another site, can't remember 100%) about seeing these and said these characters were in the set.  Though Witch King is not as you see him in LotR, but ghostly as you see him in DoS, from what I remember.  It's been some time since I've read much about these sets but I'm sure we will see something at SDCC at the end of the month, if not some teaser before that. 

This is the dead horse I won't stop beating, but I really hope we see something from LotR in '15.  Anything, even if it's a single D2C from Minas Tirith to give us some needed figures to put a bow on the series and wrap it up.

Thanks for the specifics. I forgot I had read this. It matches up pretty well with the brickipedia descriptions.

http://brickset.com/article/9818/london-toy-fair-report

From an investment standpoint it's encouraging that outside of Thorin the Dwarves only appear in the first wave.

• Like 1

I was wrong about brickipedia misspelling Dain's name in the lake-town set. I didn't know that Bain was the name of Bard's son.

Hi. So is it confirmed that Galadriel will indeed be made into minifigure form? Cate Blanchett is my favorite modern actress and I need to know! Lol

Yes it is... it will be in the smallest 15$ Hobbit set that is to be released either end of October (highly unlikely) or start of December.... pictures should come within 14 days when SDCC starts :)