76022 - X-Men Vs The Sentinel

Doofy McGee

So with the next X-Men movie schedule for May 2016, we should get a solid 6 months of appreciation on this set, assuming stores clear out of these relatively quickly and that some of these characters will be included in the 2016 sets. Christmas this year may be looking like a good time to sell.

Edited by jkaesler

So with the next X-Men movie schedule for May 2016, we should get a solid 6 months of appreciation on this set, assuming stores clear out of these relatively quickly and that some of these characters will be included in the 2016 sets. Christmas this year may be looking like a good time to sell.

you're assuming that there will be LEGO sets for a new X-Men movie. Coverage has been pretty spotty. Sure they made Avengers and Iron Man 3, but they skipped Thor 2, Captain America 2, Wolverine, and X-Men Days of Future Past, I am not even sure if the Electro set counts as an Amazing Spider-Man 2 set, Then we got Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers 2, and a single Ant-Man set. There's no hint of Fantastic Four this summer for their movie. Rumors persist that Disney/Marvel is trying to tank the properties that Fox has the distribution rights to, so they can bring them back in house. Their actions include killing Wolverine and cancelling FF Read from that what you will. There have also been mentions of LEGO making stuff for the upcoming Bat v supes movie, and Captain AMerica CivilWar, but not one rumor of anything related to X-Men Apocalypse. I doubt that TLG wants to make an end run around Disney to get to Fox and make X-Men sets, because that might potentially jeopardize all of their Disney owned properties.

• Like 1

you're assuming that there will be LEGO sets for a new X-Men movie. Coverage has been pretty spotty. Sure they made Avengers and Iron Man 3, but they skipped Thor 2, Captain America 2, Wolverine, and X-Men Days of Future Past, I am not even sure if the Electro set counts as an Amazing Spider-Man 2 set, Then we got Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers 2, and a single Ant-Man set. There's no hint of Fantastic Four this summer for their movie. Rumors persist that Disney/Marvel is trying to tank the properties that Fox has the distribution rights to, so they can bring them back in house. Their actions include killing Wolverine and cancelling FF Read from that what you will. There have also been mentions of LEGO making stuff for the upcoming Bat v supes movie, and Captain AMerica CivilWar, but not one rumor of anything related to X-Men Apocalypse. I doubt that TLG wants to make an end run around Disney to get to Fox and make X-Men sets, because that might potentially jeopardize all of their Disney owned properties.

I think this might be the only X-Men set we're looking at for a while. 

This means we might someday have 2 Ben Affleck minifigures, yippee!

• Like 1

It's a good set, good cast, and the forces are well balanced, Milano may have a nice spaceship but this one cast is better.

Many kids looked at it and a few touched it, more than the Milano, and they didn't even took a glance at SW, Lotr, exo skeleton and ultra agent sets... Says a cartload about 76022 potential

They haven't been seen on Australian shores for the best part of a year now, so when I get a shipment in (Amazon UK) they generally go pretty quick. I was able to nab 4 from LEGO Shop at Home whilst they were doing the hokey pokey with the Exo Suit earlier, all have gone to the warehouse :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually really like this set as an investment.  In fact this was the first one I bought as one to stash in the cupboard (saw it on sale in the lego store). Still a few copies to be had in the UK at varying discounts.  

Considering getting more as it fills a bunch of core criteria for me.  Do I like it, is it likely to go EOL soon & I do think it will be a popular one (although I am surprised at how little love this ones getting at the moment - maybe that's a warning sign I should heed). 

Good mini-figures, not widely available in other sets (in fact cant think of any other X-men sets available at the moment so its got the unique criteria to back it up). & a strong theme to back it up.  Marvel/superheros. Although I am a massive fan of the original X-men cartoon series so that could be clouding my vision (bringing the emotional aspect into investment decisions is never a good thing).  6866 has done pretty well though.  Just getting a deadpool over here in the UK is almost as much as the original MSRP.

Anyone know how widely hoarded this one is?  Doesn't seem to be a huge talking point for one of the few x-men sets out there.

I actually really like this set as an investment.  In fact this was the first one I bought as one to stash in the cupboard (saw it on sale in the lego store). Still a few copies to be had in the UK at varying discounts.  

Considering getting more as it fills a bunch of core criteria for me.  Do I like it, is it likely to go EOL soon & I do think it will be a popular one (although I am surprised at how little love this ones getting at the moment - maybe that's a warning sign I should heed). 

Good mini-figures, not widely available in other sets (in fact cant think of any other X-men sets available at the moment so its got the unique criteria to back it up). & a strong theme to back it up.  Marvel/superheros. Although I am a massive fan of the original X-men cartoon series so that could be clouding my vision (bringing the emotional aspect into investment decisions is never a good thing).  6866 has done pretty well though.  Just getting a deadpool over here in the UK is almost as much as the original MSRP.

Anyone know how widely hoarded this one is?  Doesn't seem to be a huge talking point for one of the few x-men sets out there.

it's a great set, for all of the reasons you pointed out. It's not getting any love right now because everyone is focused on the Death Star and Jurassic World. Target had it on clearance for $35 about two or three months ago with a bunch of other sets. I believe walmart did as well. From my experience around my area, this set was gone immediately once it hit clearance, while the other sets lingered for a few days and even weeks. That should tell us something right there about the future demand of this set. I was able to get six. I wish I could have found more.

I'm curious if this sees an early exit before the end of the year or it's still around another 12+ months.  I really like the set and with how few X-men sets we are getting, quite possibly due to the movie rights being tied up with Fox, revisits for these minifigures are less likely.  

I'd actually be happy to sit on a few of these.  Not a massive buy in point (which is not always a good thing as makes it widely available to the masses) and saying that e-bay is pretty heavily flooded with these at the moment.

Although looking at the part out value (4 mini figures, a sentinel and a blackbird) this one should be a nice returner post 6 months of retirement (which is hopefully not too many years into the future).

(Bit off topic but still cant believe how cheaply you guys in the states get Lego :).  Even at MRSP the price you pay in $$$ is equiv to the price we pay in £££)