Jump to content

76022 - X-Men Vs The Sentinel

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

There is already new superman and lex, there will be no more xmen. Minifigs = win

Why will their be no new xmen?  A new xmen movie including all these characters even the sentinel comes out this year. ..  just like with the guardians of the galaxy ship. Yea it is retired and discount but the new version will come out this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CoastaLego said:

Why will their be no new xmen?  A new xmen movie including all these characters even the sentinel comes out this year. ..  just like with the guardians of the galaxy ship. Yea it is retired and discount but the new version will come out this year.  

It's a licensing fight between Fox and Marvel/Disney. No new X-men toys.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redcell    1,091
1 hour ago, Brickerbrack said:

It is retired already. Just a matter of getting them out of the wild.

The fact that they have hung around so long in the wild does not bode well for their future.  If the set was hot and in high demand, they would all be gone by now, but it just continues to linger and linger.  I'm already prepared to lose money on the ones that I bought just to get rid of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're all long gone from my area. I helped with that by clearing a few TRUs out when they had them on sale at 33% off. I have no concerns with holding them a while if need be, but hope the new movie will perk up demand once it hits. 3/4 of the figures are in the new movie. Good sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The fact that they have hung around so long in the wild does not bode well for their future.  If the set was hot and in high demand, they would all be gone by now, but it just continues to linger and linger.  I'm already prepared to lose money on the ones that I bought just to get rid of them.

I'll post again, was in other thread. I have sold 5+ in the last month. Wolverine ~$12, storm ~$11, magneto ~$7 cyclops ~$6 sentinal ~$12 and bundled 5 ships at $20 each. Yes that is MSRP when added yo, but getting at 40% off with an airjitzu and a batman poly, easy $30 each per set or close to 100% return instantly. Tell me another set someone can do that on that is selling now? Prices will drop short term but the way to go is parting this thing out right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest

Where is this retired? They just did a big retirement update at LEGO Shop at Home and this set still says sold out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

I'll post again, was in other thread. I have sold 5+ in the last month. Wolverine ~$12, storm ~$11, magneto ~$7 cyclops ~$6 sentinal ~$12 and bundled 5 ships at $20 each. Yes that is MSRP when added yo, but getting at 40% off with an airjitzu and a batman poly, easy $30 each per set or close to 100% return instantly. Tell me another set someone can do that on that is selling now? Prices will drop short term but the way to go is parting this thing out right now

Hmm maybe I need to look into the part out side of the business...

system_arcade01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
feed    651

Retired in the EU June 2015. Brickset have it retired US/Can in Dec and they’re generally reliable.   

It is lingering here too, generally going for around retail on eBay, although it was available at 40% discount during its life.  

If the detente between Fox/Marvel progresses then I think we’ll see X-Men sets again in the not too distant future.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, feed said:

Retired in the EU June 2015. Brickset have it retired US/Can in Dec and they’re generally reliable.   

It is lingering here too, generally going for around retail on eBay, although it was available at 40% discount during its life.  

If the detente between Fox/Marvel progresses then I think we’ll see X-Men sets again in the not too distant future.  
 

I doubt that myself. The only progress was getting Spider-man into the Disney Avengers movies, and that's because Amazing Spider-man 2 tanked so hard. Fox is doing very well by the X-men, especially with the unexpected smash success of Deadpool, and will have no incentive to let them go other than muchos Disney cash. The Mouse is a hard nosed tycoon and I don't see him playing ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
feed    651
8 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I doubt that myself. The only progress was getting Spider-man into the Disney Avengers movies, and that's because Amazing Spider-man 2 tanked so hard. Fox is doing very well by the X-men, especially with the unexpected smash success of Deadpool, and will have no incentive to let them go other than muchos Disney cash. The Mouse is a hard nosed tycoon and I don't see him playing ball.

But not as hard as fan4stic and we all know that Marvel want FF4 rights back, and I do agree that Fox are going all in on X-Men, because of Deadpool success and the others failures.   

I know nothing really and I’m just echoing the rumours that are kicking around particularly with the Fox/Marvel co-op on Hellfire and Legion. It really wouldn’t surprise me to see something agreed on the periphery with merchandise and noncore.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Anybody else see the big fat correlation between low buy-in prices and poor performance after retirement? Seems to be a thing....just sayin'.

Tell that to the people who bought the DeLorean for $28 a piece :P

I guess it depends on how you define poor performance ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zskid00    1,935

This set seemed overpriced to begin with at $50 for only 336 pieces.  The printed pieces on the Sentinel must have been a factor, but it still doesn't feel like it should cost that much.  Like Justapilgrim said, the part out value seems good here and this one should do ok long-term but the Super Heroes theme hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

Tell that to the people who bought the DeLorean for $28 a piece :P

I guess it depends on how you define poor performance ;)

Agreed. A lot of my best scores on profits came from clear out prices. Perfect and highly relevant example being Wolverine's Chopper. My best deal ever was getting 7 of those bad boys for $7 a pop within weeks of EOL. I sold them on ebay the same week for $80 each. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

Tell that to the people who bought the DeLorean for $28 a piece :P

I guess it depends on how you define poor performance ;)

True, true, but the Ideas Delorean at 20% off is no X-men set at 30-40% in every Wal/K/Target 'r' Us store in the free world.  I'll be honest, I love this set. It gives you classic Storm, Cyclops, Wolvie, and Magneto with some nice printed features for the sentinel.

But there's a trend--deep discounts throughout a sets life + heavy hording = low resell value for a long while (see the gripes about Power Armor Lex). I hope the Fox/Marvel feud can fuel some scarcity/demand once the world's eyes are on X-men again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

This set seemed overpriced to begin with at $50 for only 336 pieces.  The printed pieces on the Sentinel must have been a factor, but it still doesn't feel like it should cost that much.  Like Justapilgrim said, the part out value seems good here and this one should do ok long-term but the Super Heroes theme hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire.

I'm having a very different experience with superheros. I can buy almost all of them on sale at some point or another, and have never had any problem moving them within a year of EOL for good prices, usually around 100% profit. Even my Power Armour Lex and Iron Man 3 speedboats all cleared out last year at double what I paid. The only things I have lingering from DC or Marvel are the Escape From Nowhere sets and one Bat vs Bane Tumbler set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest   
Guest
17 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Anybody else see the big fat correlation between low buy-in prices and poor performance after retirement? Seems to be a thing....just sayin'.

Sometimes. All those 50% off 9493 X-Wings I got are doing pretty well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redcell    1,091
21 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Anybody else see the big fat correlation between low buy-in prices and poor performance after retirement? Seems to be a thing....just sayin'.

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

True, true, but the Ideas Delorean at 20% off is no X-men set at 30-40% in every Wal/K/Target 'r' Us store in the free world.  I'll be honest, I love this set. It gives you classic Storm, Cyclops, Wolvie, and Magneto with some nice printed features for the sentinel.

But there's a trend--deep discounts throughout a sets life + heavy hording = low resell value for a long while (see the gripes about Power Armor Lex). I hope the Fox/Marvel feud can fuel some scarcity/demand once the world's eyes are on X-men again.

IIRC the DeLorean was 20% off for about half its shelf life at the .com versions of Target, Walmart & TRU.

I like X-Men, Armor Lex, and even Lone Rangers sets, .  I think I need to revise my hoarding strategy though :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, jeff_14 said:

They're all long gone from my area. I helped with that by clearing a few TRUs out when they had them on sale at 33% off. I have no concerns with holding them a while if need be, but hope the new movie will perk up demand once it hits. 3/4 of the figures are in the new movie. Good sign. 

And that 4th fig is wolverine :) Gotta be one of the most popular Marvel characters.  Set is based on the comic series (which makes me love it even more); maybe if it were movie based it would have wider appeal and i think that even if TLG did release another x-men set it would be movie franchise based.  I'm still high on this set as a set, with the next movie coming out I'd expect an uplift in demand on the nostalgia. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

 

And that 4th fig is wolverine :) Gotta be one of the most popular Marvel characters.  Set is based on the comic series (which makes me love it even more); maybe if it were movie based it would have wider appeal and i think that even if TLG did release another x-men set it would be movie franchise based.  I'm still high on this set as a set, with the next movie coming out I'd expect an uplift in demand on the nostalgia. 

It's like you get me. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Veegs    582

I was overjoyed when the images from various toy fairs had no X-men sets...even if more are made it seems unlikely they'll arrive in 2016, perhaps not even until summer 2017. That is a nice window to move product.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am feeling less enthusiastic for this set. I got 10 of these off clearance, but seeing them still hanging around with big discounts causes me to lose confidence. I saw them clearance out of the local LEGO store last month, and was at first excited, especially when they sold through. Toys R Us and several other stores around here haven't sold a single one in months.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×