75025 - Jedi Defender-class Cruiser

TheOrcKing

They'll be back. They are marked Sold Out with the discounted price at LEGO Shop at Home, their new way of retiring sets in the USA? My TRU has been out twice but got 9 more in last week before this sale. They come 3 sets to a lego case. All were early 2013 production runs. No telling how many more of these are lying around.

Yep, ours has 3. Left them all.

They'll be back. They are marked Sold Out with the discounted price at LEGO Shop at Home, their new way of retiring sets in the USA? My TRU has been out twice but got 9 more in last week before this sale. They come 3 sets to a lego case. All were early 2013 production runs. No telling how many more of these are lying around.

Well, a couple of weeks after my TRU sold out, they remain sold out. Hope that there are no more in the dark reaches of TLG inventory!

I see no demand for this made-up ship. Not even sure what subtheme of SW this is from. This one might never even crawl back to RRP since the only folks that might want this ship will be completists that must have everything SW. Stay away unless you want it for your own collection.

lol, it was from the MMORPG The Old Republic video game if you were on the Jedi side, this was your ship.

This is a weird one. When I went to pick up the one I bought I mentioned the good price and wish I could find more. He said he had more and begged me to take them so he could make room for other toys. I love the set...tons of pieces for the price, big ship with great colors (based on box, haven't built it yet), 3 exclusive, very well made figures. But just doesn't seem to resonate with the public. I took the ones he had since I had more 20% GCs but I just can't figure out why the public isn't buying especially at the sale price.

It is from swtor, though the game history dates back over a decade kotor. Which had a huge following, and many SW fans will recognize the theme. Though most of those fans are in their twenties and early thirties.  so may not have kids quite old enough for this type of set yet, though some are likely AFOLers.

As for stock my local TRU was out of these for a few weeks then a fresh batch showed up with R3 seals and mint boxes.  So stock is in and out depending on the store, hard to say how long it will stick around. 

And its not selling out because its march.  If you look in most toy stores you will see lots of outdoor play sets and games and sports equipment.  LEGOs are not a big focus for non AFOL buyers.  Thats why there are so many sales and clearance options around.

As for resale it's a SW big ship with Jedi right in the name and a high piece count. It will do alright in time. I wouldn't expect 2x RRP in the near future, but when you are buy in at half rrp, that's not required for decent profits.

Edited by jay4e

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well, this set has turned out to be a nice little flip this season.  It's consistently clearing $95-99 on eBay.  With the $55 buy-in at TRU back in the Spring, you're looking at a very healthy 50% gain, after shipping and fees.  Compare this to the Joker Steamroller and a few of the other Spring clearance sets, I think 75025 is the clear winner from the 2015 class of discount blowouts.  If you happened to get the $17 Mechdragons from TRU as well, those are also doing nicely, with sales in the $35-39 range.

36 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

You can't keep a good SW set down for long. Unless it's a b-wing

I think even the minifigure scale b-wing will do well this time around. Star Wars is going to crush it as we all ride the nostalgia wave. It's going to be great for all of us that invested heavily into the Vader box sets.

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

It's good to see the prices rebounding on this one.  I always liked the design of the ship and minifigures even though I have no idea who they are. I look to sell about this time next year.

The set is based on a ship for SWTOR game, the figs are loosely based on playable characters from that game.  nice generic figures to fill out a display or for play though.