75025 - Jedi Defender-class Cruiser

TheOrcKing

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the minifig is cool but it doesnt do justice to that guy.

You know what I'm tired of seeing? Spaceship exhausts built with Lego wheels. They're on, like, every star wars set. It was cute at first, but now it's bordering on lazy design.

I'm not sure how Lego could get anymore detail on a small minifigure and he does generally look the part. Also it's funny you mentioned the tires being used a lot lately as spaceship exhausts because I started noticing that myself. It does work but would be nice to see a different technique once in a while just to break the new monotony of it all.

• 10 months later...

This set is a weird one....

I cannot find this anywhere in Holland, Germany or Belgium. 

Only place to get it is Lego online shop. (It says nowhere its exclusief or anything)

Only 2 reviews on amazon, 1 in stock atm. Also very little videos on youtube about it compaired to other sets. No talk about it on pretty much any forum. 

Its from the old Republic video game so that might explain its a little less popular although there are sets from old republic game that you can buy everywhere.

So what are your thoughts on this one? Flying under the radar with good potential onces EOL or a stay away?!

I personally don't really like the set, because it introduces things that haven't be introduced in the movies, and doesn't appeal to a large audience. It kind of reminds me of the 7964-1: Republic Frigate, except I actually had hope for the frigate, since it had exclusive Wolfpack minifigures. Probably not a under-the-radar. I'm think it may never be on the radar for most. Of course, this is the opinion of one person...

I think it's a real wowser and believe it is supposed to be a Toys R Us exclusive here in the US. This is one of those where if you played the Star Wars games, you're going to want this set just for the three of the four minifigures exclusive to it. The item is currently available yet hanging around a worth close to or above retail on the secondary market.

• Like 1

Only place to get it is Lego online shop. (It says nowhere its exclusief or anything)

Like in the US it's TRU exclusive in France to.

http://www.toysrus.fr/family/index.jsp?categoryId=9104221

It seems not in NL

http://www.toysrus.nl/family/index.jsp?categoryId=17991341

Except side lasers that are weak, I really like this set. IMHO the main issue with that set (as an investor) is that it's not known by consumer.

Ow toyrus germany also has it. Didnt show on my google search before  ;)

This set is really unknown! Almost no talk on any site. Only 2 of them on EU ebay at the moment. Makes the one comicblast mentioned look famous like 25 of those on ebay.

I like the look. Think this one will be quite rare. 

I like the look. Think this one will be quite rare. 

Well, if you like it and are not sure to have one for you or not, or invest in or not, than take one set, and whether prices rises or not, then you will be able to resell it or keep it for you.

But -10% RRP (LEGO Shop at Home) is quite expensive.

Check ebay first, or wait for May so you can have the SW minifig with it on LEGO Shop at Home.

I like it too but I wouldn't invest in it, I think it may fail. Really hard to tell for this one (which can be translated as "don't try, invest elsewhere").

I personally think this is a loser that will be quickly forgotten. It has almost no wow factor in my opinion. It would have to be a on a steep discount for me to pull the trigger.

My 2cents. 

Yeah thing is you'r not gonna find it with discount because its exclusive. Its 99,99 euro here which is already a lot more then 90 dollar.

@Biniou thanks for the advise. 

There are almost none on ebay haha. I think it will do well because it will be so rare and in time collectors will learn about it. But think I will skip it and get a VW van.

(ps you merged the topics?... i searched  on the set number nothing came up or i wouldnt have opened an sperate topic strange)

• 5 months later...

This keeps sitting on shelves in local stores even at great discount. Really no investment potential? Bricklink has very few, but also sold very few in the last 6 monts. Any thoughts?

It has been out in the wild for about a year. In about 10 more months we should start seeing it fade away and eventually EOL-ing, asusming this one does the 2-year run. In Lego time, that's a lot of time. Some will put the money in some sets that could have a higher ROI - 10211, 10221, 10225 to name a few - to flip them over christmas.

If I had the cash, I would invest in those sets as well, but since I am a SW minifig collector I'd probably pick one up with those hefty discounts you talk about and part it out. I wish I could find sets with discounts over here sometime :(

And finally, around April-May 2015, I'd invest in 2 units of this set.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's some heavy discounting on this set over here in Australia, 30% off retail - is it worth picking any up? There seems to be not much supply on the secondary market but then again there doesn't appear to much demand either.

FWIW this is now showing Sold Out at Shop at Home.

I think it has a lot going for it from a personal/collector standpoint, but I just don't see decent gains on the horizon for the investor.

really :D ... its already 120 @ amazon

120*.85-15

its close to break-even for those who paid retail of $89.99 @ us... i am sure most of us didn't :P

really :D ... its already 120 @ amazon

120*.85-15

its close to break-even for those who paid retail of $89.99 @ us... i am sure most of us didn't :P

I'd be interested to see how many units move at that price. Or what ebay sold listings look like over the next year or two. Not saying you are going to lose money, or that I know your buy in...but this looks more like 10215 UCS or the Republic Frigate to me.

Hopefully I'm wrong!