Help Identify Promotional Maybe 2x2 Flag with Lego Logo

Hansomebricks

Question

I can't identify this thing at all. It appears to be in some sort of original packaging. It has a white 2x2 flag with a Lego logo surrounded by a black line. I can't find a pic of the flag part in any of the databases I have used so far.

I honestly can't tell what or when it is from. I don't know if it is some weird promotional or what.

x1lphh.jpg

2lkpjdk.jpg

Sorry if the pics are horrible. I tried to keep it original size and make one bigger. Thanks

12 answers to this question

I saw that flag on Bricklink but that is a flag plus pole. The flag in the picture is a 2x2 white flag with clamps attached to a white pole, it is two pieces not one piece. If you look close enough you can see the clamps on the flag piece in the picture. The packaging it is in puzzles me too. Like it was part of a larger package or something.

It's the base of a Legoland printed picture. They take your picture on certain rides then sell it in different forms. One form is a printed on a wall of lego bricks with this base. Also comes with a minifig with a camera accessory.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

I have to agree fully. I'm not at home right now so I can't look at my brick photo but the flag on the one I purchased from LL California was two pieces. That is definitely a brick photo from one of the parks :)

@gregpj Thanks! I have never been to Legoland so I had no ideal. But what you say makes perfect sense. I was looking for the flag alone and could only find the one Noodlenut mentioned. Can you still get these at the park? How much do you think these are worth on secondary market? Thanks again!

@gregpj Thanks! I have never been to Legoland so I had no ideal. But what you say makes perfect sense. I was looking for the flag alone and could only find the one Noodlenut mentioned. Can you still get these at the park? How much do you think these are worth on secondary market? Thanks again!

We got one two years ago... I don't live near a park (thank goodness, I'd really be broke).

I'll check at home when I get there if there are any part numbers so you can try and determine a value but I can't see them being worth too much.

We got one two years ago... I don't live near a park (thank goodness, I'd really be broke).

I'll check at home when I get there if there are any part numbers so you can try and determine a value but I can't see them being worth too much.

I checked and the flag has the regular 2x2 flag part number on one clip - 60779. On the other clip it has 16-02. Unfortunately I don't see the flag in bricklink's part database at all and I have no idea what 16-02 means. Can't find it anywhere....

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Yeah when I saw that flag my first thoughts were Bricklink to identify. Because I had never seen a flag with a Lego Logo on it. But like you said that item isn't in their database. Unfortunately I searched multiple databases and couldn't find it. Hence why I asked here. I have 10 of them in sealed package. I assume it's original packaging. I was curious mainly about the value of them. I had no idea what they could be until you said "picture holder". Now that I know what they are I can actually list a price and some information about them. Before I was thinking maybe part them out just because of the flag since I didn't know what they were. Thanks again for all the information and time. Much appreciated! Thanks everyone that helped!

I have this same piece and am trying to find a price for it. After closely inspecting the BrickLink photo above, I do not think that it is the same flag. The flag depicted in the BrickLink photo is entirely red, whereas this one is a white flag with a sticker on it.

1 hour ago, pagem4 said:

I have this same piece and am trying to find a price for it. After closely inspecting the BrickLink photo above, I do not think that it is the same flag. The flag depicted in the BrickLink photo is entirely red, whereas this one is a white flag with a sticker on it.

Oh, I see you already knew this. So you said you have found a price and info? I can't seem to find anything, and I'm wondering if you can send me something.

15 hours ago, pagem4 said:

Right - the flag linked to at bricklink is not the same at all. As I mentioned above, it comes as part of the personal brick-printed picture you get from the LEGOLAND theme parks. I doubt it's worth much but maybe @Hansomebricks can shed some light if he was ever able to sell them. Here is an alternate packaging.. unfortunately there is no set # for you to search though I don't think BrickLink has it in their database anyways.

Afficher l'image d'origine

On 4/13/2014 at 7:42 AM, Hansomebricks said:

Yeah when I saw that flag my first thoughts were Bricklink to identify. Because I had never seen a flag with a Lego Logo on it. But like you said that item isn't in their database. Unfortunately I searched multiple databases and couldn't find it. Hence why I asked here. I have 10 of them in sealed package. I assume it's original packaging. I was curious mainly about the value of them. I had no idea what they could be until you said "picture holder". Now that I know what they are I can actually list a price and some information about them. Before I was thinking maybe part them out just because of the flag since I didn't know what they were. Thanks again for all the information and time. Much appreciated! Thanks everyone that helped!

You found info about it? If you could share that with me it would be very helpful, as I have a few too.