31026 - Bike Shop & Cafe

StarCityBrickCompany

Only wished that this set was built on baseplates instead of the plates... And the 90 US seems a bit more expensive, especially for a Creator set. Will be picking atleast one regardless of the price though, just expected it to retail at 80 US, but hopefully I'll get a sweet deal on October's triple VIP points.

Thanks for posting it! I really like the set because I think it will go well modulars and mini-modulars as said in the article. It could be a sort of middle ground, since we get full sized minifigures, but the scale obviously isn't as high as that of the regular modulars. 

The MSRP does seem a little high, but if you look at the Price Per Brick ratio, it's only at $0.087 per brick which is pretty decent, even though it is more than the modulars, which stay around the $0.07 mark.

I'm not fond of it for many reasons...

It looks a little like a "discount" version of modulars. And it is too small for the purpose.

For about the same price I think it's nicer to have two 40$ sets around the sam theme (like 7346 + 5770) or a 60$ set + a 30$ (like 5771 or 31012 + 31010).

I would have prefered that this set would have been split in two smaller sets.

Though I think it's ok to have something quite different in size and display because it's unusual in creator line. It even can have some success (it already has if I believe the positive opinions on this thread !).

Note that I only have doubts about the display. To build it would certainly be fun ! :) (it's a creator and creator sets rules)

If it's in scale with the modulars, then I will buy three. Not every main street building in the real world is 3-4 stories high.

PR has a base of 32 pins.

The cafe (second building) seems to have a base of 16 pins.

I get rid of minifigs (it didn't looked accurate), and resized scale. Side by side it would look that way:

compar10.jpg

'>

Note that the "cafe" really reminds me the parisian restaurant (that's why I compared with it).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up the only one they had at TRU and I think doing all 3 builds in a row is a plan so need to get 2 more while they are $52

Can someone point me to how we're getting them at $52?  I've been out all day, so I wasn't following.  (Evacuated due to fires; so I think I get a break this time).

Can someone point me to how we're getting them at $52?  I've been out all day, so I wasn't following.  (Evacuated due to fires; so I think I get a break this time).

Stacking the following three coupons:

966659 20% off

966645 $10 off 50

966655 $10 off 50

People have been just reading the codes off for the cashier to punch in. Worked for my first two purchases, then on the third they told me they needed to see physical coupons. So be charming I guess haha

Stacking the following three coupons:

966659 20% off

966645 $10 off 50

966655 $10 off 50

People have been just reading the codes off for the cashier to punch in. Worked for my first two purchases, then on the third they told me they needed to see physical coupons. So be charming I guess haha

Great, thanks!  I will have to try that out tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...