42025 - Cargo Plane

Val-E

Hi,

I recently acquired one of these MISB for 80 euros. MSRP is 120 euros and it seems to be hard to find at less than that on Amazon and in other big shops.

Would you a) flip it now B) part it out c) keep hold of it till EOL.

I am not sure how popular it is being a new set and whether in 2 years time it will be a consolidated set. What do you all think?

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not a big fan of planes and it seems that previous Technic aircraft like the 9396 were not big sellers. Would it not make sense to find hook it on EBAY to someone who lives in a country where this model has not been released yet??

I expect that by the end of the year it will be on sale everywhere for less than I paid.

Guest TabbyBoy

Keep it and keep it sealed.  Have you seen how much the 3182 Airport sells for now?

Duh... I got confused with the CITY version - sorry to those trolls that are dying to tear me apart. ;-)

Being Technic, I'd avoid it if not -50%.  These will be discounted heavily I think, there's plenty of time.  9396 is taking a while to get going after EOL.

• 1 month later...

I would like to build this soon but hate to pay ebay prices. Is there any precedent of a larger technic set only being released overseas? I thought it would be available with the other new releases last week but still nothing.

Probably August 1st, when all the other sets are being released.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am pulling that price off of Brickset.com.  It lists it at E109.  If that is equated to Euro's then the US price will be close to 159-189.99.

I agree with you on the "overpriced" part but consider the prices of 9396 E69.99 - US price of $119.99 (x1.71)

Or 9398 E139.99 - US price of 199.99 (x1.42)

Ed/Jeff Mack any input on the anticipated US prices for 42024 and 42025?

I am pulling that price off of Brickset.com.  It lists it at E109.  If that is equated to Euro's then the US price will be close to 159-189.99.

I agree with you on the "overpriced" part but consider the prices of 9396 E69.99 - US price of $119.99 (x1.71)

Or 9398 E139.99 - US price of 199.99 (x1.42)

Ed/Jeff Mack any input on the anticipated US prices for 42024 and 42025?

I have no idea.  On the good side, it can be discounted.  

Hi there.

I think the 42025's MSRP will be $129 because it was the price of the 42008 last year (MSRP is 119 euros for both sets, and 42008 was $129).

42024 may be about $79.

Note: don't convert euros into dollars for legos to have the MSRP... LEGO don't convert that way, it seems that they have their own table...

Do this, this will be more accurate (for sets between $30 and $100):

For licenced sets (marvel, LOTR...):

price of a set in $ = price of a set in

• 4 weeks later...