10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

As of today, 10214 Tower Bridge and 10218 Pet Shop are no longer available from Amazon. I have been monitoring the stock for these items, and they weren't even low. Yesterday, they had 999+ of each of these. Could somebody shed some light on this? I am guessing that those of you who have been doing this for a while have seen this sort of thing before.

You will see the sets back in stock soon at regular MSRP. Amazon does this every once in awhile and you never know what sets or when they will go sale at such a discount. Best thing to do is to check into our site and forums and check out the Amazon and Walmart deals page(links on toolbar on homepage). We will also be coming up with a Target deals page and a Barnes & Noble deals page.

I don't think there's any worry about that. I bet the first month after EOL it'll triple in value from it's original price.

Well, that would set a record as really no exclusive has performed like that in the aftermarket...I think it may double a year after retirement, that's probably the best hope.

Tower Bridge is no Taj Mahal or Carousel in that investors were prepared for Tower Bridge. However, Tower Bridge will still do very well once EOL. UK has the highest per capita Lego fan base and spend the most money on Lego than any other country in the world other than USA hence why TB is expected to do well. I predict it will sit at $500 for a few years no doubt. and it wont be quite the home run Diagon Alley or Black Pearl will be. I hope Im not being a downer because TB is still going to be a solid net profit. great set. huge!

• 2 months later...

I say pick the one you personally like the most. I like both of them, but am less interested in Tower Bridge because the scale doesn't match the other modular city sets I like such as the Grand Emporium. If I were to build the Tower Bridge I would probably eventually tear it apart and use the pieces on a modular building, but that is just me!

I personally would go with the emporium as well. I also wish it would go EOL soon too lol which I am beginning to think that none of the current modular buildings are gonna go EOL any more. But yes I like the emporium for playability, mini figure scale, and the fact that its a corner buiding, and it will be a good investment once it eventually retires. Tower bridge for me is just a good investment. But boring for my taste.

The tower bridge is more a display model while the emporium has more playability to it. I personally picked them both up. Also the towerbridge has a fantastic price per piece ratio, i think it somewhere around 5ct/brick. It might not do as well as the Taj Mahal but i'm pretty sure it will do well in the aftermarket.

The price per piece ratio on the Tower Bridge is outstanding, as mentioned earlier in the post. That being said, even though I tend to like the Grand Emporium better, for investment purposes I think the Tower Bridge will be a very good set to get right now. Although I don't believe it will reach the level of the Eifel Tower or Taj Mahal sets, at least not right away, I still think it will be a great set for investment purposes.