10214 - Tower Bridge

M4x18

It has gone in and out of stock a lot lately. Maybe it is finally done, maybe it isn't. I would note that yesterday when the stock was being depleted from Amazon, it did say that more were supposed to be on the way. I think it still has at least a few months left, but honestly, who knows?

Seems to be readily available on the Lego website right now. This set should be around all year and possibly longer. It is very rare for large sets to go EOL this time of year. The last large set to go was 10212 about a month ago, and that was leftover from the holiday EOLing. All the large sets (10XXX sets) that are available right now will/should be available all of 2013 or close to all of the year. Of course there is a chance I could be wrong, but that is typically how the pattern goes with the 10XXX sets. Keep your eyes pealed and pay close attention later this year, around October. That is when EOL season will really kick off and begin, especially with the larger sets. Smaller sets however can, and typically do go EOL at anytime. So the smaller sets can be harder to track. Sorry for the long explanation. And as I said before, 10214 should be around all year in my opinion.

I would buy a St Peters Cathedral in a heartbeat! I went to Rome around 2 years ago and loved every second of it. The people, the food, the atmosphere... just a great place to be. The detail that would be involved with a Cathedral would be phenomenal! I could definitely see them doing a Notre Dame Cathedral at some point.

I don't see them recreating anything that has religious implications....... maybe they have before and I just missed it??

I agree, that's why I said Notre Dame's Cathedral. I figure it being from more than just a religious background. They have already upset the Turks (Not from Scrubs, if anyone understands that reference) with Jabba's set...

I was thinking that the Cathedral has been in so many movies now (Hunchback of Notre Dame), and it is more seen as simply a classic architectural part of history now. I recognize that it is a Catholic church, but then I also feel it is important to recognize that Lego does Christmas Sets and Advent Calenders every year. Both are part of Christianity. Maybe it is just me, but I don't think Lego is afraid to do a Cathedral. I understand that a lot of people think it would be controversial, but honestly, who would be offended by it?

I was thinking that the Cathedral has been in so many movies now (Hunchback of Notre Dame), and it is more seen as simply a classic architectural part of history now. I recognize that it is a Catholic church, but then I also feel it is important to recognize that Lego does Christmas Sets and Advent Calenders every year. Both are part of Christianity. Maybe it is just me, but I don't think Lego is afraid to do a Cathedral. I understand that a lot of people think it would be controversial, but honestly, who would be offended by it?

I dont think anyone here would be offended as most here are pretty level headed, you know someone somewhere would say something.