2014 May the 4th offers **LEGO SHOP USA/CAN**

Jeff Mack

While we wait till 8PM, I'll tell you about an experience I had last night...I was half asleep and felt an evil, almost malicious presence in the room.  I started sweating bullets, like I was in the middle of the Sahara Desert.  I was fighting back fear, then my dog Skiffy, a Vizsla, jumped in my bed and I woke up.  End of story.

Ed,

Were there any light sabers to protect you and by accident did your dog Skiffy or the Malicious presence accidentally get cut in half like Darth Maul?

While we wait till 8PM, I'll tell you about an experience I had last night...It was the pre-dawn hours and I was half asleep.  I felt an evil, almost malicious presence in the room.  I started sweating bullets, like I was in the middle of the Sahara Desert.  I was fighting back fear, then my dog Skiffy, a Vizsla, jumped in my bed and I woke up.  End of story.

It means your House is Haunted then, is it?

• Like 1

Marketing people in North America understand well that if you can keep building the suspense long enough, and release the information close enough to when products will actually be available -- people will jump on them before thinking them through and either a) spend more than they planned or b ) buy into things that really weren't a deal, but the built up suspense needed an outlet at any cost...

Many black Friday deals work on the same principle -- hell, some stores can raise the "regular" price of an item 50% above MSRP, then put it on sale the morning of black Friday at MSRP + 10% -- stick a big "Surprise Sale" sign over it and as people rush through the doors at 4am, they'll grab the item by the cart load buying it up and call it an awesome deal...

It was a special adoption day.  Half off adoption fees for all shelter dogs and cats.

Ed,

One other question.  I know your best friend, that lives way across the pond got a dog too, and there was a lot of dogs for him to pick from.  Were you happy with your selection of dogs when you picked yours out or do you feel like your friend got a stronger and bigger dog from a much larger selection of stronger and bigger dogs?

Was there a selection of very large dogs & cats for you to pick from or were they all relatively small?

Very small selection when I got there.  They were all adopted already.  The half off discount really helped find those poor animals homes.  There were only three dogs left when I got there and one was Skiffy.

• Like 2

While we wait till 8PM, I'll tell you about an experience I had last night...It was the pre-dawn hours and I was half asleep.  I felt an evil, almost malicious presence in the room.  I started sweating bullets, like I was in the middle of the Sahara Desert.  I was fighting back fear, then my dog Skiffy, a Vizsla, jumped in my bed and I woke up.  End of story.

Darn you TLG, I already prepared the SuSuDio hint (and Phil Collins video clip) too... That was 1 minute of thinking I would never get back... :(

Marketing people in North America understand well that if you can keep building the suspense long enough, and release the information close enough to when products will actually be available -- people will jump on them before thinking them through and either a) spend more than they planned or b ) buy into things that really weren't a deal, but the built up suspense needed an outlet at any cost...

Many black Friday deals work on the same principle -- hell, some stores can raise the "regular" price of an item 50% above MSRP, then put it on sale the morning of black Friday at MSRP + 10% -- stick a big "Surprise Sale" sign over it and as people rush through the doors at 4am, they'll grab the item by the cart load buying it up and call it an awesome deal...

Is this the reason most Americans are in debt? lol

Ed,

One other question.  I know your best friend, that lives way across the pond got a dog too, and there was a lot of dogs for him to pick from.  Were you happy with your selection of dogs when you picked yours out or do you feel like your friend got a stronger and bigger dog from a much larger selection of stronger and bigger dogs?

I hear the UK had a much better choice of dogs to choose from.  I like British Bulldogs, but all they had was a Vizsla and a big greyish mutt and little sand colored Chi.

• Like 1

I hear the UK had a much better choice of dogs to choose from.  I like British Bulldogs, but all they had was a Vizsla and a big greyish mutt and little sand colored Chi.

Thanks for the information.  I am glad I got my big dog named Star and his brother just like him named Destroyer last week.  They are both Super dogs.  They didn't offer any discounts....  Mutts are always really sweet dogs.  I may have to consider getting one of them too.  Sometimes they throw in small toys that they give you when you get a Mutt so it could be lots of fun anyways.