Building the 75059 Sandcrawler

jaisonline

What city?

The KOP and Delaware stores seemed to have plenty. While KOP is sorta huge (square footage), Delaware is small for some reason.

Pleasant hill - northern california

They were very strict with one raven per person/family

Completed bag 6 of 24.

On step 79.1 of 121.

More sets of technic elements for strength with the roof, sides, and rear.

Both side areas with trash / droid shoots kinda float' in-place until the technic beams are added.

The rear has nice greebling like the original.

Regarding exterior stickers, leave them off. In my opinion, the stikcers used so far look too "Looney Toons". Unlike stickers from other sets, these look too unrealistic.

Top view =

post-3743-13991824455924_thumb.jpg

Side view =

post-3743-13991824599185_thumb.jpg

Front view =

post-3743-13991824736666_thumb.jpg

Rear view =

post-3743-13991824838994_thumb.jpg

I'm off to bed. Have a good night

But first, some Jawaese for my fellow Lego pals.

Hkeek nkulla & Utinni!

Taa baa,

J A Is Online

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

Lego owes you a commission on the extra sets this thread sells. Very nice.

Yeah, between this thread, brickshow videos, and eurobrick reviews, yeah they owe us all. In fact, I'll just be happy with exclusive discounts again. Ha.

Insider hint : better yet, Lego can pick my upcoming non-Star Wars Ideas / Cuusoo MOC for review once submitted. Ha. However, I'll then need the Brickpicker fanbase support.

That was a very brave move with holding the set by the pillar. 10144 would have turned into a pile of rubble by doing that.  Good to see that this is that much stronger than the previous model.  I was always going to build this set, but living vicariously through you on this build will let me push that back for a while.

• Like 1

Man you realy got at it. I was asleep by midnight after finishing bag 3, the ladder was neat and seemed like a good place to stop. No missing pieces, the usual few extra 1x1 pieces, I think there was one mistake on page 53 but you got it right in your pics. I agree with the stickers the radar screen looks like a 2 year old did it. I realy wish they had three printed elements for the cockpit.

I have to cut the lawn today. Hoping to get to bag 9, the two of them look like they each have 4 times the amount of pieces then bag 6.

• Like 1

here's my ? why does luke come with a light saber?

Exactly. This set's scene take place before Luke gets the lightsaber.

Add it to the list of Star Wars ?s that leave us scratching our heads...

Why do original Kenner farm boy & Bespin Lukes have yellow sabers? Why did some Jedi Luke come with blue sabers while others had the correct blue one?

Why does the original Kenner 12" Ben have a yellow saber?

Why does not Lego make refreshed Bespin Luke, Lando, and Leia.

Why does every Lego Han ROTJ Solo minifig in Ewok sets never have a trench coat? Why do Solo the majority of Solo minifigs from Ep 4 have brown pants?

Why does Vader scream "nooooo" at the end of ROTJ now?

Why does Greedo shoot first now?

We will never get proper answers. Ha

Thanks for covering the build.

I was at KOP lego store around 10:30-11am with my almost 2 year old daughter and was very impressed with the sandcrawler box but will be holding off for a while.

First time she got out of her stroller and wanted to build. Start'um early.

I left with an R2 after my wife said "oh that's cute." Was all I needed...

Following this thread.

• Like 1

I've been working in the wheels, treads, and suspension (bags 7 and 8) for a while now.

Connecting the tread elements are time consuming but at least the same element is used from 10144. I'm happy the overly shines plastic ones form the Ninjago Ultra Sonic Raider wasn't used though they are more screen accurate (big wide tank-like ones).

If I remember correctly, 10144 had 34 tread elements per set (8 sets in total). This set also has 8 sets of treads but the element count increased to 38.

Getting back to the suspension, I haven't read or heard much about this set's suspension improvements over 10144's. Not only does 75059's wheels turn left and right but also includes up and down 'give' for off-roading! Great design tidbit hear. Look at the pictures below to see what I'm typing about. Totally awesome little feature.

Suspension design allows Sandcrawler to drive over objects =

post-3743-13992170982914_thumb.jpg

film =

post-3743-13992170154077_thumb.jpg

10144's bottom = wheel movement restricted to right and left. =

post-3743-13992179243772_thumb.jpg

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1

Thanks for covering the build.

I was at KOP lego store around 10:30-11am with my almost 2 year old daughter and was very impressed with the sandcrawler box but will be holding off for a while.

First time she got out of her stroller and wanted to build. Start'um early.

I left with an R2 after my wife said "oh that's cute." Was all I needed...

Following this thread.

Awesome! First of many times she'll want out of the stroller for "high priced" items :) My daughter is only 18 months so she was content with looking at all the people and colorful objects. Usually, she wants to talk everywhere nowadays.

We probably just missed each other. When I arrived, 2 employees were finalizing the Sandcrawler display for the front window. Not sure of they were finishing the build or repairing it.