Does anyone have ideas on what the 2014 exclusive Marvel figure will be?

Lenjon

It seems like an unofficial tradition that Lego releases two exclusive Super Heroes figures each year, one DC the other Marvel. Martian Manhunter was given away a few months ago but I haven't read anything at all about what Marvel figure (if any) will be released. I've heard speculation that it might be the Winter Soldier (which would make sense) but still no evidence based news about what the exclusive might be. Does anyone here have any ideas on the subject? What would your choice of figure be? 

• Like 1

No idea to be honest. If they do release another promo figure, it could be anything from Winter Solider, Spider Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, or anything from the Super Hero universe that isn`t featured in a movie this year. Basically, the possibilities are endless, though I think we could eliminate figures that have already been released in sets, Lego isn`t going to make a copy for a promo item. We saw the Martian from a little while, which I think it`s safe to say isn`t nearly as well known as some of the other possibilities. No way to tell what Lego will do next or if they will do it at all  :laugh:

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if they stop doing it. They really got burned last year (with accusations about "the fix").

Although it seems clear that something was up, and that local workers decided to choose the winners on their own - LEGO got slammed for it.

I believe they're talking about promotional polybags, not the San Diego Comic Con minifig winners.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

there's no precedence for this, why assume they'll release a marvel one?

Actually for the past two years lego has released an exclusive figure for each Super Heroes subtheme so it's very likely (but not guaranteed) that a Marvel exclusive figure will be released at some point in 2014.

With four MARVEL movies out this summer at least?....( Spiderman, X-Men, Guardians,Captain America) it could be any number of characters.  

Winter Soldier's a safe choice.  TLC isn't afraid to put a big movie character (Iron Patriot) as an exlusive....so it's not like they couldn't do that for Winter Soldier.

To that, I'm going to go with the relatively obscure but cross promotional Yondu (played by Michael Rooker) from the Guardians of the Galaxy film.  From what I've heard, Guardians of the Galay has been really upjumped to be MARVEL's next potential franchise.  Adding a little bit more promotion to it only helps.