2521 - Lightning Dragon Battle

duckyruiz

• 1 month later...

I gotta pick one up. I should have bought one 2 months ago when the were on clearance at Target. I'm an idiot.

I was lucky enough to buy one from TRU when it was on sale last December. I was thinking about giving out as a gift, but I guess I should keep it for myself.

I gotta pick one up. I should have bought one 2 months ago when the were on clearance at Target. I'm an idiot.

I was lucky enough to buy one from TRU when it was on sale last December. I was thinking about giving out as a gift, but I guess I should keep it for myself.

Yeah, looks like a keeper!

• 4 weeks later...

This is the only dragon ninjago set I don't have. When I started looking around for it I couldn't find it. Every time TRU would get it online, it would sell out before I could buy one.

Looks like the set continues to increase at a steady pace. Might be the time to pick one up before they go any higher. One of the best Ninjago sets IMO.

I am really considering buying one right now to resell later. Any predictions on how high this set will go? Any thoughts on how big a risk it is to buy one now to resell?

The set has shown a nice increase over the last several months and it looks to continue, but for how long and how high is the magic question. Ninjago sets are relatively new to the investment scene and this is one of the first sets to be discontinued. It will soon double MSRP. Will it triple it? No one can say. Unless you love the set, you might be better off buying some new Ninjago sets that are discounted at Target or Toys R Us and hold onto them for a couple of years, so you can make the full pop, not some seller on EBAY.

I have done it both ways. I bought a Cafe Corner at $600 and now they sell for $1000+, so you can definitely make money off of older sets. That being said, it helps if you really love a set before you pay top dollar for it hoping for it to continue increasing in value. Just my 2 cents...

The set has shown a nice increase over the last several months and it looks to continue, but for how long and how high is the magic question. Ninjago sets are relatively new to the investment scene and this is one of the first sets to be discontinued. It will soon double MSRP. Will it triple it? No one can say. Unless you love the set, you might be better off buying some new Ninjago sets that are discounted at Target or Toys R Us and hold onto them for a couple of years, so you can make the full pop, not some seller on EBAY.

I have done it both ways. I bought a Cafe Corner at $600 and now they sell for $1000+, so you can definitely make money off of older sets. That being said, it helps if you really love a set before you pay top dollar for it hoping for it to continue increasing in value. Just my 2 cents...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I gave this set to my nephew for Christmas last year and he loves it, well he loves all Ninjago really. Little did I know that it would be gone now and going way up in value. I am just not a Ninjago fan and it is difficult for me to justify buying any set that I would not want to keep for myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Besides the gold dragon, this is the only dragon I need. I think a new set is more than I want to spend on the set so I have been looking for a used set. I have come across a set that I believe includes everything except the bone helicopter. What would be a good price for this? Anyone have any idea of what the dragon by itself runs?

That is a good gauge. The set for sale includes the dragon, 1 instruction book and the 4 minifigs (2 bone skeletons, blue ninja, and the sensei). So I would need all of the helicopter, first instruction booklet, and probably miscellaneous missing parts.

There was another listing with all the new packages, minus minifigs for $80. So maybe $50-$75 I'm thinking????